Media darlings thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why is it that no matter what we do, how we play and what we’ve to do to win a football match ……we’re lucky ,we shouldn’t be top the league and our bubble will burst! and how the media and certain “experts” can’t wait …..I’m under no illusions of how good a start we‘ve made and doubt very much we can sustain it fuck me City or any big power house in their respective leagues won’t keep form up a whole season, why would we? But are we the only team that gets an advantage with VAR? Are we the only team that gets 10minutes added on to their games? Are we the only team that plays Luton,, Burnley or Sheffield United?

great post

glad to recall that we didn't even bother to taunt them with singing "are you watching Ar5en1L". Guys, we're playing Real, bigger fish to fry. And by now you'll have turned over to Cake Baking anyway. What was it? Beetroot and Carrot Gateau? Maybe:

Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Gâteau

I fucking LOVE the fact that chant didn't get an airing... they are IRRELEVANT TO US NOW...

Make no mistake... they would've been DESPERATE to hear us sing it... as firstly, it would've meant they got a mention on a Champions league night... but also that We were thinking of THEM in our finest hour... but we weren't... for 90 minutes we forgot they existed!!

THATS what will hurt them most... their pure and utter irrelevance!

It’s not even the new generation it’s social media.....everyone can hide.

Imagine a scouser standing in the Kop and saying Lukaku is better than Kane.
Wouldn’t happen would it, in the real world.
In Cyber land anything goes though, like cunts wishing death on their own goalkeepers family.

Liverpool fans at the CL final would have kicked his head in if he actually shouted it out.
Social media has retarded civility

It will recover but it's definitely taken a knock

Apparently we were the last London team to win there........but it's only us that repeatedly fails in these away games

I didn’t realise that until today, all day yesterday they were banging on about our poor run at Old Trafford, but as you stated, we were the last London club to win there.. unbelievable.
Yet today, we barely get a mention form the same game.
I bet there are clubs that haven’t won there for 20 years or more and yet that stat won’t even get mentioned.

Woolwich have won only 6 league games at Old Trafford in the past 36yrs; Only 3 wins in the PL era (27yrs); Their last win was 12yrs ago!

Now let's switch it up:
Utd have only beaten Spurs away from home in the League twice (2009 & 2012) in the past decade. In this same period Spurs have now beaten Utd 3 times at Old Trafford.
Amazing.

The days of Utd being the CL stalwarts, us the EL alsorans. I think it’s doing us a disservice to suggest we’re now seasoned CL campaigners and Dortmund are not, they’ve been CL regulars for years, top of the Bundesliga. We taught them a lesson let’s not hide away from that fact. Let’s hope we don’t throw it away in Dortmund.
I fucking LOVE the salt of people telling us that thrashing Dortmund is nothing to care about. As you say, they are top of the Bundesliga at the moment.

From Barney Ronay in The Guardian writing about yesterday’s match:

“...Tottenham are, for reasons that remain unclear, the most widely chastised of the Premier League’s high-achievers. There has always been a certain jeering unease in the top flight towards a refusal to spend money, the kind of response you might expect in some sweaty, booze-sodden Friday night saloon bar as you sidle up to order your third Orangina of the night.

The urge to cast shade on this fine footballing project is evidence of how simplistic the narrative around football can be. Chuck in the reliance on coaching and youth systems – Spurs spent £18m net in the past five seasons – and it is either idiocy or mischief to conclude Pochettino has done anything other than an excellent job.”

He is bang on.

Our refusal - or inability - to contribute to the absurd spending comedy of the PL is quite literally making us bullying target for the media, for whom rumour mills and transfer windows are almost of a similar turnover to the actual football played.

Back
Top Bottom