Media darlings thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I didn’t realise that until today, all day yesterday they were banging on about our poor run at Old Trafford, but as you stated, we were the last London club to win there.. unbelievable.
Yet today, we barely get a mention form the same game.
I bet there are clubs that haven’t won there for 20 years or more and yet that stat won’t even get mentioned.
Woolwich have won only 6 league games at Old Trafford in the past 36yrs; Only 3 wins in the PL era (27yrs); Their last win was 12yrs ago!

Now let's switch it up:
Utd have only beaten Spurs away from home in the League twice (2009 & 2012) in the past decade. In this same period Spurs have now beaten Utd 3 times at Old Trafford.

Sure, sometimes I've wished Levy would sanction more spending for Pochettino. Sometimes, I've thought his penchant for leaving the conclusion of transfers to the 11th hour has cost the club points. The bigger picture, though, is that Spurs have overtaken Woolwich in north London and are currently the closest challengers to Liverpool and Manchester City.

So, going back to Szczesny's inanities, yes, we know the rest. The rest is that Spurs are a club to be admired. If the rest of the Premier League followed their example, it would be a better place.

What a great line to finish on. One of the few clubs who still has its soul because of how we stick to the kind of principles all clubs should adhere to.

When the bubble bursts we'll be one of the few clubs able to keep doing what we're doing, we just have to be patient as others throw preposterous money about

All the other big team fans uniting tonight, surprised about city and woolwich fans getting so loud though. Do they really see us as a title threat? It would be in their best interests to have Liverpool lose. Kicking up a fuss won't help them at all
You know what, like I said earlier, fuck them all.

There's barely a peep from the media or other fans whenever we get screwed over by VAR or other ref decisions.

It’s not paranoia to suggest an agenda exists against us, it’s blatant at this point.

The only time the media start talking us up is when we look like we might be capable of actually doing something and whenever that happens, we falter.

We do better when the pressure is off and the media knows it.

If they praised us throughout the season for our performances, irrespective of our position I might think differently but they don't, the only time they do is when we look like we might be a real threat.

And yes, we need to get over the hump of faltering when the pressure is on so we do have ourselves to blame for it but the truth is, pundits like Neville, Carragher etc they know it works, that's why I find it very hard to believe the praise is coming from a sincere place.
Seriously mate give your head a rest. Its Friday the sun is shining go out sink a few pull a bird and relax. Life is sweat.

Irony alert this is advice I very seldom abide by.

Last edited:
I lasted three seconds, enough to hear "Spurs fans don't look now but your team hasn't lost a game yet", before losing my breakfast

giphy.gif

Two things.

This "accidental" bollocks was never intended for a fucking leg breaking challenge.

I'm pretty sure that a slip or accident was only meant for things like professional fouls. A leg breaking challenge is a leg breaking challenge.

And let us not forget Curtis Jones should have been booked for the tactical foul and booting the ball away minutes before - so even if it was an "accident" and "only a yellow", it should have been his second yellow, so he would have been off.

The goal should have stood - they clearly mistook that the in field decision was offside, not goal awarded. It's one of the worst VAR mistakes, and had they not benefitted from loads of decisions against us over the years, I'd have some sympathy. But they can fuck off and just wear armbands next week.

Last edited:
Last edited:
It's kind of hard staying under the radar with the football we are playing at the minute though...

What pressure is on them though? The thing with Ange is that he allows players to make mistakes, there's no longer the fear of getting an hour long bollocking...

Anytime Liverpool lose there’s an inquest by the media into some injustice or the ownership, some excuse to deflect from their team. Anytime they hammer some other club the media is all about how great they are. Massive, massive bias.

Back
Top Bottom