Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

and it begins...

"if i was Real Madrid i'd be pulling all the stops out to buy Harry Kane - spurs fans won't like me saying it"

Trolling the fans of the best striker at the world cup to pay their wages. Cunts.

You know of whom i speak.

TBF, it was Matt Holland who said that, and not the Ginger Prince of Gooners, but that doesn’t detract from your point.

Because the standards the media hold for him tend not to apply to white players. As an example - look at Jack Wilshere. Shit bloke, who talks a big flashy game and doesn't deliver. Media "perception" of Sterling is the same description of Wilshere, but one of them is constantly in the headlines and the other is praised for a single game in his career.

I'm still personally of the opinion that him being targeted by the media is because he left Liverpool for another English team. He was the media's darling before that, and now he's become Public Enemy No 1.
Nice post mate. I'd never considered that . You're right he was lauded when he was at pool . I mean I don't rate him and i personally think his tattoo was an error considering the responsibility that comes with role model status ... but.... plenty do a lot worse and don't get dug out by the media for it and you make a good point ....it does seem since his transfer away from pool

Who is this, and what does she possibly have to dig out Kane over?
Cf25HTIM_400x400.jpg

She’s a sports “reporter”, a gooner, and was asking Brazil if England lacked “leadership” on the pitch last night...

She’s a cunt, and without fail, always looks to stick the boot in.

TBF, it was Matt Holland who said that, and not the Ginger Prince of Gooners, but that doesn’t detract from your point.
Yep, noticed that too on TalkShite. The cunts just can't help themselves even when it's about England not club football. I swear, if I ever met one of these 'experts' in public I'd really call them on their shit. You'd think Real could field 50 fucking players the way the media link everyone to them.

Kane is going nowhere in the foreseeable future you cunts, and I'll bet everything I possess on it. Care to match it you media parasites?

Of course I want England to do as well as possible regardless, but there is another alternate reason for this...

With Kane as captain and Spurs DNA running through this England side, I was bracing myself for a media backlash against our players if the team underperformed. Already we have dippers taking any opportunity to have a dig at Kane, and a lot of journos had him set up as the fall guy.

Now, he's leading the golden boot race and we're in a winnable quarter final - after exercising some demons by winning a penalty shootout (with every Spurs penalty taker putting it away).

After years of pinning the nation's hopes on Rooney, it took a Spurs boy to actually get it right. I'm so relieved that the England squad have done themselves proud no matter what happens next.

Of course I want England to do as well as possible regardless, but there is another alternate reason for this...

With Kane as captain and Spurs DNA running through this England side, I was bracing myself for a media backlash against our players if the team underperformed. Already we have dippers taking any opportunity to have a dig at Kane, and a lot of journos had him set up as the fall guy.

Now, he's leading the golden boot race and we're in a winnable quarter final - after exercising some demons by winning a penalty shootout (with every Spurs penalty taker putting it away).

After years of pinning the nation's hopes on Rooney, it took a Spurs boy to actually get it right. I'm so relieved that the England squad have done themselves proud no matter what happens next.

I’m the exact same (well, except that I’m Irish) I was so nervous for the 3 lads who stepped up! Really hoped the didn’t miss and be vilified! In fact it was brief restbite when I saw Rashford and Henderson step up know I could relax for a few seconds! I’m backing England for the spurs lads! What’s odd is that I hate Liverpool with everything I have (and I mean everything!!) but I have no issue saying Henderson’s played well & TAA is a good prospect.

That’s not hard is it! Why are the scousers so deluded one eyed and pathetic that they actually hope England lose but ‘hendo’ plays well?! Fucking hell honestly!

They’re unbelievable!! Not even Woolwich fans are like that.

Also agree with the above posts re sterling being vilified for leaving the English media’s favourite club! Look how much representation they have in the media FFS

^ Every sentence is like you're reading my mind :)

Don't really "support" England cos I'm not English but, with the exception of Henderson, Young and Lingard, this is quite a likeable England team so I really want them to win it (plus I got 'em in the office sweepstake). Think what it could do for the Spurs boys' future club career by winning it.

And, yes, dippers are above goons in the we-are-fucking-bellends league.

FOK FOK We are one. :adesalute:

Cf25HTIM_400x400.jpg

She’s a sports “reporter”, a gooner, and was asking Brazil if England lacked “leadership” on the pitch last night...

She’s a cunt, and without fail, always looks to stick the boot in.
She's also one of those Gooners (and there are many) who ALWAYS feel the need to shoehorn the fact they support ArseAnal into EVERY conversation or media appearance... Matt Lucas is another... but there are MANY MANY more!
It's almost as if they're SPONSORED by them, and get a residue every time they mention THAT name!

Back
Top Bottom