Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What they joyfully presume is that Chelsea will overcome the 'disadvantage' of having drawn their home leg, and sweep Barca away, before going on to win the CL.. conveniently ignoring the fact that we hold the same ADVANTAGE going into our home leg tomorrow.

IF we were 5th and Chelsea were 4th, (as was the case before the last couple of PL matches) it would be EXACTLY the same scenario, but in reverse; ie; Both teams are still IN the CL, but WE would have to win it (and Arse, the Europa) to render Chelsea's 4th spot irrelevant.

Yet I didn't see this type of article LAST week, when our league positions were reversed!

Hilariously shameful "journalism"

To be fair they are also presuming we will finish fourth over Chelsea, which isn't a given yet either. So much of midweek sports pages are filled with speculation of what would happen if etc etc.

The BBC had an article yesterday entitled "The curious love affair between PSG and Brazilian footballers that almost started with Pele". They've since re-titled the article but it's just an example of the clickbait world we live in. If you don't like it, don't read it - if everyone did that articles like these might give way to proper journalism. Until then, you'll get what sells.

Another classic last night, watching the PSG vs Real Madrid match, as Real were comfortably winning. And I'm paraphrasing the BT Sport commentator here:

"can anyone stop them"

Erm, hello? 1-1 and 3-1 anyone???

Another classic last night, watching the PSG vs Real Madrid match, as Real were comfortably winning. And I'm paraphrasing the BT Sport commentator here:

"can anyone stop them"

Erm, hello? 1-1 and 3-1 anyone???

Apparently Real Madrid were a different team then........in the same season.....on two separate occasions.....two weeks apart.....whilst still in the same league position as now

There's a truly shitty piece about tonight's game in the Evening Standard. It does everything to put us down and includes this utterly ridiculous comment:

The last thing Tottenham supporters like to do is reflect on Woolwich victories, yet they can take heart from one of Arsene Wenger’s finest results as they prepare for this challenge. Ten years ago, a young, Woolwich side travelled to San Siro to face AC Milan, the holders, in a Champions League last-16 tie.

Following a 0-0 draw at Emirates Stadium they were given few hopes of progress, especially given Milan’s experience in the competition.

Yet Woolwich played a magnificent game, winning 2-0 and effectively bringing to an end the golden era of that Milan team, who had reached three finals, winning two of them, from 2003-07.
So, not only does the writer omit the fact that we subsequently beat the very same team at the very same stadium at the very same stage of the very same competition, he does so by effectively claiming Woolwich's win softened them up for us. It should be noted that AC Milan were Serie A leaders at the time we played them and went on to be crowned champions that year.

What a wanker! :dembelefingers:

Savage is seriously the biggest fuckwit in the media. I can't listen to him and put the TV on mute.
"I can't work it out in me 'ed" . Now, there's a shocker.
Let me help you, you thick, retarded, obnoxious fool: Man Utd have a much bigger budget AND Mourinho has already managed Real.
What a fucking twat.

Last edited:

Imagine Pochettino being able to spend £75m on a striker and £89m on a midfielder whilst paying other squad members £350k weekly.

Imagine Mourinho having to bring through players from League One or using the youth academy and still getting the team into the top 4, cup finals and title challenging.

What is it with these media arseholes? Cunt Jamie Redknapp right now: "Spurs were in a position to win the league when Leicester did..." - actually no you thick twat, they never dropped points and at no point were we above them.
"Spurs need to start winning trophies...
"Soft underbelly..."
Blah, blah, fucking blah. So tiresome, so false.

But that’s just it, we can go underfeated for months on end but lose one time to the best team in Italy for last 20 years, scoring more against them than all other teams they have faced for last 6 months and we get the shit kicked out of us in the media, massive failure isn’t it, total pricks

MoTD 2 : question who do you think should be England’s left back
Answer: Rose
What followed was a 2 minute rant slagging off Poch, Spurs and even Trippier.

They don’t miss an opportunity

But that’s just it, we can go underfeated for months on end but lose one time to the best team in Italy for last 20 years, scoring more against them than all other teams they have faced for last 6 months and we get the shit kicked out of us in the media, massive failure isn’t it, total pricks
Did you see some of the reactions on here from our own supporters about that defeat? No idea how you can be surprised that the press give us grief, considering that.

Back
Top Bottom