Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought Alan Shearer made a disgraceful remark calling Delli Alli a "cheat" on the second penalty appeal, the first one he said was a penalty.
On the second one they ignored that the Palace defender kicked Alli from behind to kick his shooting foot to make him mis-queue his shot, then ALli had to hurdle the body of the goalkeeper, so why is he a cheat??
All the countless times Eden Hazard goes down he has never been called a cheat, a diver, or even booked for diving.
Though Gary Neville basically did call Wilshere a diver saying he knows how to win fouls, and Wilshere was being booed by City fans after getting about 4 soft free-kicks.

Figo, a geeza who second only to Judas on the Judas scale.
nintchdbpict000000596356.jpg

rVDb0Dk.jpg

Pure hatred that night. Salgado sums it up nicely...

''By the second or third corner I turned to Luís Figo and said: ‘Forget it, mate. You’re on your own’. I used to offer Luís the chance to take the short corner, drawing up close to him near the touchline, but not this time. Missiles were raining down from the stands: coins, a knife, a glass whisky bottle. Johnnie Walker, I think. Or J&B. Best to keep away. Short corners? No thanks.''

I'm not, not in the slightest. Quite the opposite.
Do I have to explain why I post in here now, is it a private club?
No, of course not Mick. I was going to suggest that you put the thread on ignore. I had a quick look and I’m currently ignoring 61 threads, it’s a miracle that anything gets through to me at all.

Oh really - when did I do that?
Fuck me. I never really aligned with many of your opinons, but I never had the sense you were disingenuous.

I'm on my phone now and not about to try using it to cut and paste from your various replies, but I believe you'll find examples of hyperbolic language in every one of them.

If this is still a bone of contention tomorrow, I'll happily back this up.

Fuck me. I never really aligned with many of your opinons, but I never had the sense you were disingenuous.

I'm on my phone now and not about to try using it to cut and paste from your various replies, but I believe you'll find examples of hyperbolic language in every one of them.

If this is still a bone of contention tomorrow, I'll happily back this up.
So I'm a liar as well. A trait I'd never knowingly exercised.
Worrying.
So far you have accused me of using straw man arguments, hyperbole and lying. I'm getting the impression you won't be buying anything from my fan club gift shop on the way out.

Last edited:
No, of course not Mick. I was going to suggest that you put the thread on ignore. I had a quick look and I’m currently ignoring 61 threads, it’s a miracle that anything gets through to me at all.
I normally do ignore it, as it is usually populated with some fairly hysterical posts.
I commented because I felt that an article that was the result of statistical number crunching was hardly the root of systemic bias by the BBC. Stats to me are largely misrepresentative way of quantifying a sport as fluid as football, but unless these goal stats are inaccurate then people take away from them what they want to.
I felt that the people who were getting upset by them were reading too much into the analysis.
It also appears that my opinion is as popular as the article.
As I said earlier, none of this causes me any angst, far from it, I find the whole issue of alarm over media bias amusing as it seems to be a common thread in all of the major footballing newsgroups that I've looked at.
We can't all be right. Unless we're in the twilight zone.

Back
Top Bottom