Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Such a pointless stat, taking away an individual's goals and the point they "won".

It's a team game, our team is set up to attack with Kane finishing off our moves. It's by design. To only concentrate on who got the last touch on a goal is to ignore everything the team did to get the ball to him.

Better is to look at ppg when he's missing. Like last season when he missed a chunk of games and we won most of them anyway.

So Woolwich and Chelsea pass us because they don't have a decent striker that they rely on to win points for them...

What a load of old cunt. It fucking pains me that my licence fee goes towards horseshit like this.
...and also conveniently ignoring the notion that if Kane didn't score those goals, NO ONE else would have!
Admittedly we may not have earned all 14 points back, but we would certainly have won SOME!
Still, any made up excuse to make a Monday morning graphic with the Arse above us, eh?
There's probably a trophy for THAT?

They should do one with “What if goal keepers didn’t exist”

It’s about as useful

Maybe “ What if footballers were prone to spontaneously combust”

Just a complete and utter waste of time. So if Kane didn't exist Poch would pick ten players every game and Dele, Dembele, Eriksen Son & Lamela would play through-balls into a vacant void of an area where a Kane would have been. What a load of old cunt.

In fairness...there's not much difference between Llorente and a "vacant void of an area"

Thank fuck that this shit is hidden behind a paywall...

Edit: It's actually not...basically says that he should play for England because he's nice to sick kids and is not afraid to face up to the press after an embarrassing defeat...OK that's actually a great reason why he should be on the plane...

Last edited:
Thank fuck that this shit is hidden behind a paywall...
Edit: It's actually not...basically says that he should play for England because he's nice to sick kids and is not afraid to face up to the press after an embarrassing defeat...OK that's actually a great reason why he should be on the plane...
He also hits Taxi drivers if they're wearing a Spurs hat... does that cement his place in the England team even more then?

seriously guys, you need to find something a little more worthwhile to be upset about.
Says the guy getting upset about us getting upset. :pochrolleyes:
Harry Kane is a valuable, effective and worthwhile player shocker!
The thing is they're not trying to point out how 'effective and worthwhile' Kane is; they're reinforcing Pep's narrative that we are the 'Harry Kane team'.

Last edited:
Says the guy getting upset about us getting upset. :pochrolleyes:

The thing is they're not trying to point out how 'effective and worthwhile' Kane is; they're reinforcing Pep's narrative that we are the 'Harry Kane team'.
I'm not upset about anything, I'm pointing out that you are - different thing altogether.
In your mind they are.............
I think medically its known as paranoia

I'm not upset about anything, I'm pointing out that you are - different thing altogether.
In your mind they are.............
I think medically its known as paranoia
You objected to someone's objection. You may not characterise whatever motivated you to take the time out of your day to achieve something so profoundly unremarkable as 'upset', but that's how it came across to me.

EDIT: What's your take on this BBC graphic from the start of the current campaign? Bias or paranoia?

DWuzUqt.png

You objected to someone's objection. You may not characterise whatever motivated you to take the time out of your day to achieve something so profoundly unremarkable as 'upset', but that's how it came across to me.

EDIT: What's your take on this BBC graphic from the start of the current campaign? Bias or paranoia?

DWuzUqt.png
so pointing out that people are going overboard is a complaint that indicates an objection is it?
I don't object to you doing it, if you want to look a bit of a charlie - knock yourself out. It doesn't bother me at all. You put your opinions up for comment, and when they get commented on, you go on the offensive. Couple that and your rationale and it comes across as paranoia.
What do you want me to do at the graphic, bleat and cry that we are not on it? They have all won the title since we have and are all premier teams, what are we supposed to do, demand representation on the basis that we last won it 57 years ago?
To be perfectly honest, I am more than happy for us to stay under the radar and out of peoples faces.
But if this wailing about how everyone hates us is what stokes your fire, then go right ahead

It doesn't bother me at all.
Clearly not.
You put your opinions up for comment, and when they get commented on, you go on the offensive.
I'm no more 'on the offensive' than you were with the comment that triggered this discussion.
They have all won the title since we have and are all premier teams, what are we supposed to do, demand representation on the basis that we last won it 57 years ago?
It's the BBC's graphic, so we're not supposed to do anything. But, I absolutely do think we should have been represented in a graphic of title-contenders, given our recent performances, and given the fact that many saw us as one of the favourites for the title.

I really don't mind that you disagree. I do take objection to your suggestion that my disagreeing with you is evidence of mental illness.

so pointing out that people are going overboard is a complaint that indicates an objection is it?
I don't object to you doing it, if you want to look a bit of a charlie - knock yourself out. It doesn't bother me at all. You put your opinions up for comment, and when they get commented on, you go on the offensive. Couple that and your rationale and it comes across as paranoia.
What do you want me to do at the graphic, bleat and cry that we are not on it? They have all won the title since we have and are all premier teams, what are we supposed to do, demand representation on the basis that we last won it 57 years ago?
To be perfectly honest, I am more than happy for us to stay under the radar and out of peoples faces.
But if this wailing about how everyone hates us is what stokes your fire, then go right ahead

This is the media bias thread. It’s a place where people can complain about perceived media bias. What do you expect people to do?

Back
Top Bottom