Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The absolute tripe about Liverpool and tbf CL and where they 'belong' with Gerrard et al last night! Fuck off entitled cunts

The absolute tripe about Liverpool and tbf CL and where they 'belong' with Gerrard et al last night! Fuck off entitled cunts

This prick!

Meanwhile back in April he was forced into an apology and had to embarrassingly delete a tweet having a pop at Spurs fans for singing about Wilshire getting injured when Bournemouth came to the Lane.

Tell you what else! If I hear some other prick mentioning 'famous European nights at anfield' I'll throw something at my tv!

It was a morge there last night' all you hear were Germans!! Fuck off Liverpool you deluded cunts - Phil Thompson, micky Quinn, John Aldridge, Gerrard et al.

Pack of Cunts who think their team is more special than any other... I fucking hate them. Doesn't seem to matter how much we finish above them people always big them up.

It's not the 1980's anymore you pricks

pFmFiod.png

:pochrolleyes:

I wasn't just musing on this and wondered what you all thought. About 10-15 years ago the
Media with sky sports taking the lead promoted a relentless narrative of the big 4. I think this did serious damage to the game because it lead to a huge increase in glory hunting etc. What are your thoughts? Guilty as charged or overblowing it?

I wasn't just musing on this and wondered what you all thought. About 10-15 years ago the
Media with sky sports taking the lead promoted a relentless narrative of the big 4. I think this did serious damage to the game because it lead to a huge increase in glory hunting etc. What are your thoughts? Guilty as charged or overblowing it?

GUILTY!!!!

Yes, absolutely. The very idea of us (anybody) breaking into their cosy little cartel was deemed absurd.

Yes, absolutely. The very idea of us (anybody) breaking into their cosy little cartel was deemed absurd.
What was completely absurd was the idea there were only 4 big clubs in England. It's one of the likeable quirks of English football that the fan base is so spread out, traditionally. Isn't the championship one of the top ten supported leagues in Europe or something?

What was completely absurd was the idea there were only 4 big clubs in England. It's one of the likeable quirks of English football that the fan base is so spread out, traditionally. Isn't the championship one of the top ten supported leagues in Europe or something?
It wouldn't surprise me.

When you think back to the original Sky top 4 of woolwich, Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea it's quite satisfying to see that they've all been out of it in recent years.

It wouldn't surprise me.

When you think back to the original Sky top 4 of woolwich, Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea it's quite satisfying to see that they've all been out of it in recent years.
And it was cutting off their nose to spite their face. The premier league is so profitable because it is so competitive. In Spain with a few notable exceptions (the basques, Gallegos and sevillans) most people support Real Madrid or Barca and have a second regional team. That is the death knell of a league. And sky sports were promoting this!

And it was cutting off their nose to spite their face. The premier league is so profitable because it is so competitive. In Spain with a few notable exceptions (the basques, Gallegos and sevillans) most people support Real Madrid or Barca and have a second regional team. That is the death knell of a league. And sky sports were promoting this!

Everyone loves a winner, and fuck all the rest.

Those are great points you make to be fair. Although I think you do the Championship an injustice. I'm sure it's around the 5th best supported league in Europe. And has been for a few years.

Back
Top Bottom