Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I find it odd. The stick the club has been given by the media for the delay in the stadium opening, the praise they are all giving now for the quality of the stadium, the fact that Sky are covering the opening ceremony on Wednesday so will have cameras and people at NWHL. And at 7.30 they transfer across to Manchester for that really important game Shitty v Cardiff. Honestly - and I'm not being over dramatic - if any other major club in Europe was opening a state of the art stadium with a midweek game, that 'first game at their new stadium' would be shown on live TV. It's a joke. And even if Sky had selected the Shitty game to show, it wouldn't have been beyond their power to show ours as well or instead of.
Important game with Cardiff and City might not be that important anymore as Neil Warnock is threatening to play the U23 team and save his players for Burnley on Saturday after that refereeing shit show against Chelsea today just to prove a point....Warnock is bat shit crazy but he makes a damn good point, it’s all geared towards the clubs who spend the TV money on clickbait transfers.....
If Sky and the FA had their way it would go back to the “the top 4” like the good old days, but City fucked that up with their spending and UFEA don’t do 5 places for the CL and of course we permanently reside in the top 4 these days so we have truly fucked it up, so it’s now the “big 6”......their wet dream will be City/Liverpool 1 & 2 and Man Utd & Chelsea making up the top 4, knowing it will be spend spend spend come the summer from these clubs.....Fuck Woolwich & Spurs as far as their concerned!!

I prefer to lurk but my usual trick of muting the commentary in a spurs match was overcome by wanting to hear the crowd. So here I am.

Sadly this meant listening to Jim Beglin foam at the mouth for Dele to get a red card for simulation and almost constantly speak negative about spurs the entire match. I'm not sure he mentioned Palace at all but I did mute it eventually. The other commentator Drury wasn't too bad at all and quite neutral. Which is the least I expect really.

Bein sports (Im in NZ) really need to have a think about who they put in games when after a great chance for Rose, the commentator starts bleating about Ian cunting Rush and Liverpool. Unadulterated cringe.

Went to the BBC app and we weren’t even the top story. A historic English club builds one of the most state of the art stadiums in the world and wins and we aren’t even top story, City and their routine win was.

Went to the BBC app and we weren’t even the top story. A historic English club builds one of the most state of the art stadiums in the world and wins and we aren’t even top story, City and their routine win was.

Absolutely just listened to their daily podcast and remembered why I don’t usually

2 mins on spurs then ages on 18yr old Foden at city who nobody gives a fuck about, how about when he has done something in game then we’ll talk about him, Pep would pick him if he was good enough like a Giggs was at his age

Fuck city who cares really

The media is now completely obsessed with three young english players-two of which have played about 120 mins total for their clubs, its fucking pathetic-have seen and heard about Foden all day today who gives a flying fuck.

The wife sat down to watch the ceremony with me then was baffled when I turned the telly off and got the laptop on-someone who knows nothing about football sat there baffled as to why our first game at the new stadium isn't on sky.
The more thought I gave it the more I was raged out myself, imagine liverpool or united were opening a new stadium after two years away from home-do you think they would be on tv?

Was listening to The Game podcast earlier and they were going on about how we face a real struggle to get top 4 because we are only a point ahead of Man Utd in 6th.........you'd think they would at least look at the bloody league table

Sky came down to film by the goal line bar after the game. Is it childish that we sung derogatory songs and they couldn’t film said interview and fucked off somewhere else. We were pretty drunk by that point

Reeling? Meh.

Now I know what REELING feels like. Underwhelming, it seems.

Also:

He said: “I’ve had enough. At the minute, how I programme myself, I just think to myself: ‘I’ve got five or six more years left in football and I just can’t wait to see the back of it.’

Well, considering he is 28, he’s going to “retire” in 5-6 years whether he wants to or not.

Now I know what REELING feels like. Underwhelming, it seems.

Also:

He said: “I’ve had enough. At the minute, how I programme myself, I just think to myself: ‘I’ve got five or six more years left in football and I just can’t wait to see the back of it.’

Well, considering he is 28, he’s going to “retire” in 5-6 years whether he wants to or not.

I do get the impression from Danny that he has had a bit of a rough time with football in general, I don't think he likes the spectacle of it all either and I also think when you add the racism on top of that I can see why he would be fed up, doesn't he also suffer with depression? I could have sworn I read that somewhere?

That being said, football isn't the reason racism exists, racism exists everywhere, no matter what job you are doing or what walk of life you come from.

Danny isn't being forced to stay in this career either and football has given him a very stable life which has afforded him opportunities others will never have, others that still suffer from racists despite not being footballers.

So that being said, I can empathise with his feelings and understand why being on the end of that sort of abuse in your profession would make you feel that way about it but I also believe that racism isn't a football issue in general, it’s a societal one and leaving football isn't going to stop knuckle dragging idiots from being racist, if anything it gives them power and emboldens them because it means you are letting them win.

I feel bad knowing he feels this way though, it’s really not nice to hear.

Beautiful, it's got right under his skin. He's seeeeeething!!!

Did you read that 'story' he wrote about gazza last week? Kicking a man when hes down with zero empathy or sympathy for him, it was a disgusting piece of so called journalism.
Ordinarily I wouldn't read a word in that fucking rag but was sent it by a mate supporter of another club who thought the same.

Did you read that 'story' he wrote about gazza last week? Kicking a man when hes down with zero empathy or sympathy for him, it was a disgusting piece of so called journalism.
Ordinarily I wouldn't read a word in that fucking rag but was sent it by a mate supporter of another club who thought the same.
No thank God no. Samuel is the absolute epitome of the worst of English "football" journalism. I have zero time for him, he just popped up on my timeline this morning and I found his jealousy hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom