Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

NINTCHDBPICT000461521139.jpg

”He was just trying to turn”

100% if it had been Dele on Pogba he'd have gone off .... VAR would probably have seen this as a Red .... and who knows VAR might just have forced MOTD to actually look at the incident ... fuckwits

It was obvious he was trying to get his body in front of Dele's but that's no excuse. It wasn't intentional or malicious but it was dangerous play and it should have been a red card.

I reckon if Dele done it, he'd have been off.
If Dele had done if they would have it up before an emergency session of the United Nations by now.

But since Dean gave a yellow there’s nothing that can be done. Fucking horseshit.

That yellow card so no further action rule needs changing, amount of incompetent refs means too many players are getting away with murders.
It might not have affected the game, but instead of a 3 match ban Pogba is free to do that again next week. It's not just that game they dodge the knock on effect too. With our depleated squad guarentee it would have taken 0.0001 seconds for a red to have been given to any of our players for the same. Can't throw a spanner in the spokes of the sky teams though.
Sick of seeing it now, time and time again the sky teams have every advantage handed to them during games against every other team. Not just us. We have adhere to same standard as Brighton or Bournemouth etc, but Sky teams have slightly different rules. They can make more niggly fouls breaking up play, or those blatent drag someone down to prevent counters without getting bookings. Oftentimes if a player from the sky teams is tackled hard it's a fucking yellow, while they can still butcher away safe knowing they might get a token card in the 87th minute. Might be a bit Ott, but it certainly feels like it at times there are different rules for different teams.

It was immediate as well, they were tripping over themselves to excuse it as fast as possible.

It’s clear that the media only love making a big deal of these things when it suits a narrative for them, can't let anything get in the way of this ”Resurgance” United are having.

We all know if the media had it their way it would be Liverpool, United, Woolwich and Chelsea/City in that top 4 and we would be back to 7th or 8th ”where we belong.”

They will spend the entire summer trying to sell off our players and Poch and if it ever did happen they would then turn around and say that we lack ambition and that we have let one of the greatest sides fade away without winning anything.

I am honestly falling out of love with football because of these cunts because their agenda has a clear relation to how officials behave, they know that as well, they knew it during the Leicester season and they know it now.

Sky are a bunch of cretins, they use football as a way to abuse betting and are in the pockets of the top clubs, everybody with common sense knows it just like everybody knows that this league is bent, I love spurs but I would be lying if I said I loved the premier league because I think it is dodgy and sapping the life out of the game and SKY are one of the key reasons for that.

Fuck them.
I don't watch or listen to my of them.

Even 5 live is full of shit.

I found myself just watching the game on a foreign language stream or on BBC radio London

So plenty news today talking about how OGS (abbreviated because I can't be arsed to spell his name) ”masterminded” the victory against us.

There was nothing masterful about it, we dominated them second half and had more possession in the first as well, one mistake from us at the back led to them scoring and a mixture of poor finishing and world-class goalkeeping kept us from winning the game.

If Winks would have scored in the first half as well United would have melted, it’a bullshit to suggest they outplayed us or that OGS masterminded the victory, they were literally time wasting from 36 mins onwards.

This loss has pissed me off more than any other for a while, the whole narrative around our club at the moment is toxic, it’s like a complete hit job from the media to make sure this team breaks up and United can slip right into our spot.

That yellow card so no further action rule needs changing, amount of incompetent refs means too many players are getting away with murders.
It might not have affected the game, but instead of a 3 match ban Pogba is free to do that again next week. It's not just that game they dodge the knock on effect too. With our depleated squad guarentee it would have taken 0.0001 seconds for a red to have been given to any of our players for the same. Can't throw a spanner in the spokes of the sky teams though.
Sick of seeing it now, time and time again the sky teams have every advantage handed to them during games against every other team. Not just us. We have adhere to same standard as Brighton or Bournemouth etc, but Sky teams have slightly different rules. They can make more niggly fouls breaking up play, or those blatent drag someone down to prevent counters without getting bookings. Oftentimes if a player from the sky teams is tackled hard it's a fucking yellow, while they can still butcher away safe knowing they might get a token card in the 87th minute. Might be a bit Ott, but it certainly feels like it at times there are different rules for different teams.
I think he got booked for throwing the ball away anyway so technically it could be challenged.
I don't watch or listen to my of them.

Even 5 live is full of shit.

I found myself just watching the game on a foreign language stream or on BBC radio London
Wish there was a way to turn commentary off, I honestly might have to start watching foreign streams as well.

I think he got booked for throwing the ball away anyway so technically it could be challenged.

Yeah I think you are right there.
So not even a booking for a savage tackle right in front of ref and linesman!
Zero protection we get.

Like woolwich having 3 players booked for diving in one match this Pogba tackle will be airbrushed as if it never happened.

What pisses me off in the aftermath of games like that is when the victorious manager gets hailed for a "masterplan" and "tactical genius".

Tony Pulis, Sam Allardyce, Mark Hughes made a living for years off the back of smash and grab wins and everyone calls them dinosaurs of football.

So plenty news today talking about how OGS (abbreviated because I can't be arsed to spell his name) ”masterminded” the victory against us.

There was nothing masterful about it, we dominated them second half and had more possession in the first as well, one mistake from us at the back led to them scoring and a mixture of poor finishing and world-class goalkeeping kept us from winning the game.

If Winks would have scored in the first half as well United would have melted, it’a bullshit to suggest they outplayed us or that OGS masterminded the victory, they were literally time wasting from 36 mins onwards.

This loss has pissed me off more than any other for a while, the whole narrative around our club at the moment is toxic, it’s like a complete hit job from the media to make sure this team breaks up and United can slip right into our spot.

It's sickening, apparently, they're going to usurp us this season according to OGS. Ridiculous. Realistically, one mistake, uncharacteristic finishing from kane (when does he ever bang them down the middle?!) and good goal keeping caused that result. The second half was borderline bombardment.

The worst thing about it is we're going to have to wait until next season now to put it right.

If you want to smile at the sheer ignorance of the press look at these player ratings ... every Utd player was better than every Spurs player ... you couldn't make it up (well you could in the media)

Tottenham 0-1 Manchester United: player ratings from Wembley

I was going to post this. Utterly ridiculous ratings. They got a 1-0 win with their keeper MOTM by a mile scoring a 10... yet all their players were better? She's absolutely stealing a living.

Back
Top Bottom