Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One thing that's crystal clear for me and that's Poch staying with us. On the back of his Sky interview at Hotspur Way (and other press conferences that others can't get their heads around), there can be no doubts of this now surely? Which is the most important thing. The fact that stories broke that Utd were looking at Southgate at the weekend also show that the penny has dropped with the media too, who have gone from "Poch wants the job", "he's out man" to "Southgate 2nd favourite".

I am truly amazed at how many Utd fans are on board with it, they were dry humped last night but none of them acknowledges this. At least we had a big split in the fanbase when Sherwood was caretaking. They've every right to be delighted with the result but utterly bizarre they are so blinkered as to how they were outplayed and more so listening to their manager have the temerity to say they defended well.

The fact that Utd won yesterday is why their fans are blinkered. They are on a high after beating a good team so they are overlooking their obvious deficiencies because in the current moment everything is working out for them.

But any objective observer can tell that was a very lucky victory and on another day they would have been on the end of a battering. Ole is completely smug as well, as if he tactically masterminded that result. He is totally relying on the feelgood factor and that will wear off eventually. Personally I see nothing about him or the way utd played yesterday to suggest he has a clue how to sustain this level of form over a long period.

How can you say you defended well or got your tactics right when you give up over 10 clear chances on goal?

The fact that Utd won yesterday is why their fans are blinkered. They are on a high after beating a good team so they are overlooking their obvious deficiencies because in the current moment everything is working out for them.

But any objective observer can tell that was a very lucky victory and on another day they would have been on the end of a battering. Ole is completely smug as well, as if he tactically masterminded that result. He is totally relying on the feelgood factor and that will wear off eventually. Personally I see nothing about him or the way utd played yesterday to suggest he has a clue how to sustain this level of form over a long period.

How can you say you defended well or got your tactics right when you give up over 10 clear chances on goal?
OGS "we defended well"

You were carved open fella.

Trash article in the Evening Standard tonight - took Pochs comments about man united's squad depth and ran with it - literally - apparently Poch is incredibly envious of Man U 'fantastic' squad - the squad that's still 7pts below us :pocheyes: and this why he'll be leaving us in the summer.

To exemplify his point the journalist cited the fact that man u subbed on Lukaku in the 2nd half and we subbed on Llorente as if there's some kind of massive difference. Llorente has way better skills set than Lukaku and imo has been dreadfully underused by Poch.

To exemplify his point the journalist cited the fact that man u subbed on Lukaku in the 2nd half and we subbed on Llorente as if there's some kind of massive difference. Llorente has way better skills set than Lukaku and imo has been dreadfully underused by Poch.
Maybe he has been underused but he's been shit 95% of the time.

Look at the difference Man.City get to Spurs, a (wrongful) red card and (wrongful) penalty has City 2-0 against Wolves. Ref was helping Wolves beat Spurs when they were at Wembley.

The league is RIGGED!

Look at the difference Man.City get to Spurs, a (wrongful) red card and (wrongful) penalty has City 2-0 against Wolves. Ref was helping Wolves beat Spurs when they were at Wembley.

The league is RIGGED!

I think it is and I have done since the Fergie years, it’s become worse in recent times, the Leicester season was the one that really opened my eyes to all the bullshit going on.

I don't know where I stand on actual ”brown paper envelope” corruption but I definitely believe the media influences officials in this league and the top teams (aka the ones that bring the TV companies the most money) get favourable decisions.

Honestly, this league does feel like a stitch up without trying to sound like a tin foil hat man or a RAWK poster, there are way too many red flags to ignore and I think an outside investigation needs to happen, not only into that but also into doping.

LOL So, the consensus is Gareth Southgate is working on a "project" with England. He also has the job on his terms, he has control so it's likely he wouldn't want to leave that, he's worked hard in transforming England and he will feel he has unfinished business and he would want to see how far he can take England.

Where have we heard that before? Why don't those same things apply to Poch?

LOL So, the consensus is Gareth Southgate is working on a "project" with England. He also has the job on his terms, he has control so it's likely he wouldn't want to leave that, he's worked hard in transforming England and he will feel he has unfinished business and he would want to see how far he can take England.

Where have we heard that before? Why don't those same things apply to Poch?

Shittier transfer-kitty too. :pochunimpressed:

These fucking pundits and Jurno’s alike need to remember one thing, their beloved Liverpool have not won anything yet, their beloved Man Utd have a lot to do yet to get into the top 4, and their fucking obsession with the new foreign managers at Woolwich & Chelsea have proved absolutely fuck all to this point...let’s assess all this at the end of the season and see what’s what....
I’d love the following, which actually isn’t unrealistic;
League - City
FA Cup - Spurs
League Cup - Spurs
Champions League - Spurs or Anyone outside England
Now there’s a topic or two to discuss right there!

OGS "we defended well"

You were carved open fella.

Tell you what... I was sat the other side of Wembley during the second half and I was so gutted about the result that I stayed the fuck away from punditry, highlights, etc.

But honestly, watching that just now simultaneously makes me feel better and a little worse - better because I didn't realise from my vantage point just how good some of those chances were (a lot seemed like great work by De Gea from where I was sat but I wasn't certain) and being zen about the whole thing, we played well and had one of those days. It's somehow slightly more gutting, however, to see those replays and feel like a divine power decided that nothing was going to go in on Sunday.

Funny thing is that we were unbelievably lucky not to be losing at half time at Old Trafford, then were clinical as fuck on the counter attack.

I will say that United jumped up a little on my shit list though. Don't normally give two fucks about them, but their obnoxious fans and smugness at winning four easy matches and jammying that win this weekend grinds my gears.

I love the fact that, according to the Media we weren't ever seriously in the Title race, until about 5 mins before the Man Utd game... then we were definitely in it, and challanging, so that after losing, they could say we blew it!

The only good thing to come out of Sunday's game is they've gone cold on Poch leaving now!

I can't believe how many responses there are to this thread. There is no bias per se, but given that the media is a business and thus needs to profit, clearly they will angle articles to please the majority of their customers. Given that generally the most successful clubs have the largest fan base then they may be slightly geared towards the likes of United etc. It's not some conspiracy, it's business.

I can't believe how many responses there are to this thread. There is no bias per se, but given that the media is a business and thus needs to profit, clearly they will angle articles to please the majority of their customers. Given that generally the most successful clubs have the largest fan base then they may be slightly geared towards the likes of United etc. It's not some conspiracy, it's business.

Whilst this is no doubt true, the point of it being bias is this approach throws so-called journalistic principles like integrity and impartiality out the window

clearly they will angle articles to please the majority of their customers. Given that generally the most successful clubs have the largest fan base then they may be slightly geared towards the likes of United etc. It's not some conspiracy, it's business.

Isn't that the very definition of bias?

You sound like a gooner spy!

Here's what some Spurs supporters said about Mike Dean. Listen to the facts regarding what he actually did not "fake news".

https://www.football.london/tottenh...-results/Woolwich-vs-spurs-mike-dean-15471733

Back
Top Bottom