Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hes such a lying scumbag. Can't trust a man that spits at children.

Is this serious? I hate Liverpool more than the next man, believe me I'm from Dublin, imagine Woolwich but the whole fucking City supports them, I digress, Carragher is the one scouser who always talks us up, genuinely fights our corner and vociferously argues "Why would anyone wanna leave this Tottenham team?" in my book, he's alright, there's enough cunts in the media who stick the boot in on us. he's not one of them, bit of credit where it's due. Let's not be so one-eyed to turn TFC into RAWK

*Also on the "spit"

1. he was aiming at that bellend dad who was both illegally filming him and taunting him
2. it was water not, Spit, which imo makes a difference and it wasn't really a spitting motion more a water fountain style ejection.

to qualify, it's not right, and I don't condone it, I just think it's important to add both context but also a bit of perspective.

Just catching up on Goals on Sunday.

15 mins on City's win over rubbish West Ham
15 mins on Liverpool's win over mediocre Watford
90 seconds on Tottenham smashing previously unbeaten Chelsea
15 minutes on Man Utd's 0-0 draw with Palace...

Honestly BT or no BT that's ridiculous.

Jamie Carragher has just said on MNF Spurs under Poch are his favourite team, then added, “just behind Liverpool”.
Could be true he sat not far from me in one of the Sky eateries and when he saw my Spurs wallpaper on my phone came over for a chat and was genuinely enthusiastic about us. Told him I’m confident we’d finish above Liverpool he didn’t disagree. He’s an Everton fan anyway

PS: I covered my face when we spoke just in case he had one of his turns

Could be true he sat not far from me in one of the Sky eateries and when he saw my Spurs wallpaper on my phone came over for a chat and was genuinely enthusiastic about us. Told him I’m confident we’d finish above Liverpool he didn’t disagree. He’s an Everton fan anyway

PS: I covered my face when we spoke just in case he had one of his turns

To be fair to Spitty, he’s been pretty vocal about how much he likes us in recent years.

Just catching up on Goals on Sunday.

15 mins on City's win over rubbish West Ham
15 mins on Liverpool's win over mediocre Watford
90 seconds on Tottenham smashing previously unbeaten Chelsea
15 minutes on Man Utd's 0-0 draw with Palace...

Honestly BT or no BT that's ridiculous.
BT's coverage of us was so pathetic at the weekend I had to turn the post match off.

Yeah I don't mind Carragher at all. Him and Neville are both rather complimentary of us so it makes tuning into Sky alot easier.

Shame they're usually joined by Redknapp

Premier League top scorers... currently 2 players have 8 goals and 6 have 7. Sky news can only fit 3 of the 6 on their sidebar - guess who's missing (clue... It's not Salad).

To be fair to Spitty, he’s been pretty vocal about how much he likes us in recent years.

Still happy to mug us off in order to 'boost' Liverpool (who allegedly aren't even his team at heart).

Loves to punt our players about too.

In short: Fuck him.

A lot of these fuckers that dish out minimal praise do so simply in the name of preserving basic credibility (they're just a touch smarter than those that don't realise what blinkered biased cunts they come across as), but the Caragher's of this world still eagerly latch onto all the lazy/ulterior narratives and tabloid-esque reporting that surround us.

Fuck "good ol' Righty" too!

Last edited:
BT have ex Inter Paul Ince with Jermaine Jenas to represent both teams - why?? Does anyone think Italian TV would half support the English?
And why did both Robbie Savage and Ian Darke disregard a clear penalty foul yet even the ex-Inter man said at half-time it probably was a penalty???
The Turkish ref is also cheating Spurs as UEFA want.
The "wonderful defending" by Inter constantly stated by Darke & Savage, Darke hating Spurs.
How many viewers or extra subscribers will BT get if the English club go out and Inter go through??? Doesn't make any sense......

Last edited:
Cant be arsed to even find him on Twitter but hope that ginger wank sack is getting pelters for his "spurs fans will be bricking it this week" comments.

2 wins out of 3, Gooners to come. Flying high.

From Football365's Mediawatch...

Gold meddle
Mauricio Pochettino enacted the perfect plan on Wednesday. He rested Eric Dier, Christian Eriksen and Son Heung-min for a must-win game against Inter Milan and, well, won it.

Yet Neil Ashton is here for The Sun accusing the manager of ‘messing around with his team selections,’ saying ‘Poch meddled’ by ‘leaving out his weekend warriors’.

The chief football reporter adds that Tottenham ‘missed’ Eriksen, despite the fact that – again – he scored, and really might not have had he started.

Eriksen’s winner was apparently ‘reward’ for Pochettino’s decisions, which is absolutely right. So what’s all that other stuff about?

Mediawatch is definitely not saying Ashton wrote the ‘meddled’ and ‘messing around’ lines before the goal. Not at all.

Despite insisting he's not a dipper (I'm a Swansea fan honest guv!) Dean Saunders alluded to "we" in ref to Liverpool 3 times in quick succession this morning.

(And of course gave his "Kante... He's like 2 players, inn'e eh?" line it's daily airing)

Fuckin' mug!

Poch is trying to manage a squad battling injuries, who had more players than any other squad IN THE WORLD advance deep in the World Cup, playing on 3 (possible soon to be 4) different fronts, with no reinforcements in the summer, playing 2 games a week for 6 weeks...

OF COURSE HE IS GOING TO ROTATE THE SQUAD.

So far: 3rd in the league, quarters of the League Cup, still a chance to advance in the CL.

Fucking Christ. I think he knows what he is doing.

Back
Top Bottom