Media bias tracking month 1 - talksport

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How would you rate the overall bias exhibited by talksport towards spurs?

• Mostly positive

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • About even

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • Mostly negative

Votes: 51 73.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
thank you for saving me from my own curiosity

miaoww

Apologies if my reply came across as 'catty'. Wasnt meant to at all but having read it again I can see how it may read that way.
Sincere thanks to those who for my knowledge gap (lol). The YouTube clip was truly appalling and I was just trying to get across how all it was.
Apologies again for any upset.

Apologies if my reply came across as 'catty'. Wasnt meant to at all but having read it again I can see how it may read that way.
Sincere thanks to those who for my knowledge gap (lol). The YouTube clip was truly appalling and I was just trying to get across how all it was.
Apologies again for any upset.
Ah, the Miaow was there because curiosity killed the cat. I'm the cat, not you!

Purrrrrr

It's not about us winning the group, it's about whether we bottle the knock out phase.
Just look at Chelsea and the Mancs, they WON THEIR GROUPS! Aren't they fantastic?
There's bound to be a hangover today from Wednesday, if only we had a good side.:troll:

Blimey, Bob Mills has just given us a bit of credit for finishing top of our group in the CL whilst the others were sucking off Chelsea and City.

Bob is a football fan rather than a Sky fan.

He gets it.

Meanwhile, later in the day, Saggers (I think) pondered whether we will finish top of our group. :dembele:

Media bias-no ? Its just not want we want to hear-are we really actively listening? Until we win something we will not be accepted as a top side and rightly so IMO. Consistency is there, its winning the decisive game is the important bit for success. We will get accolades for beating Real,head lines for topping our group and praise for playing some of the best football around. Unfortunately, we are always falling short . Its acknowledged that Poch has and is doing and excellent job from youth to first team and all the rest of it. Until we are dominate and Win something we will never be on par with Utd/Liverpool or City. I feel the media want to big us up but we keep stumbling when it matters.

Media bias-no ? Its just not want we want to hear-are we really actively listening? Until we win something we will not be accepted as a top side and rightly so IMO. Consistency is there, its winning the decisive game is the important bit for success. We will get accolades for beating Real,head lines for topping our group and praise for playing some of the best football around. Unfortunately, we are always falling short . Its acknowledged that Poch has and is doing and excellent job from youth to first team and all the rest of it. Until we are dominate and Win something we will never be on par with Utd/Liverpool or City. I feel the media want to big us up but we keep stumbling when it matters.

What on earth makes you think that?

What on earth makes you think that?

We can all see and interrupt the media how we want to? I don't believe theres a media bias against us. I feel we are an enigma to most . Win big and lose silly. We are the second best team in the country but sitting 4th and not having won anything in a few years but having come close.

As a club, we have all the elements of an Shakespearian play-the media adores this and winning big would see us hit media levels we could never imagine.

BT, for me, seem to promote us and I feel desperately wants us to be the team they promote as Utd had with Sky.
Maybe I dream, its just how I see it.

The media are scum and in the main talk a load of shite. Everyone is blowing smoke up City's arse but with the amounts they have spent and can spend who gives a fuck. There's no true glory about their achievements, nothing miraculous about a club with their resources topping the table and having the sort of squad that enables them to be competitive in most competitions.

Don't believe the hype.

As for us, IF we were to win a PL or CL it would be a minor miracle and something to be celebrated throughout the football world for it would show that well-run clubs with a long-term plan CAN achieve even in an age when some clubs are owned by actual nations.

Fuck Citeh, fuck PSG.

I see Woolwich got another help from the referee, while Spurs ref allowed lots of negative tactics, time-wasting, diving by WBA to make a below-average Spurs drop points. Tottenham will never get a match winning penalty from a dive (will Ramsey be charged with 'cheating'?).

Must be a nightmare for Spurs players every week to have to battle with a HOSTILE referee and most of their fans believe the anti-Spurs media that its Tottenham's fault. The players get ZERO support from their fans!

Meanwhile, Chelski, Woolwich, Man.City, Liverpool, and West Spam can dive and get decisions to help them win (West Spam are so bad they still can't win).

When I read some of the rubbish on here I think some Spurs fans were born yesterday! We have the most corrupt football league in the world and it's slanted against Tottenham, and has been for years because Sky support Woolwich!

That's why Eriksson plays in a shell, and our players have no fight.

I see Woolwich got another help from the referee, while Spurs ref allowed lots of negative tactics, time-wasting, diving by WBA to make a below-average Spurs drop points. Tottenham will never get a match winning penalty from a dive (will Ramsey be charged with 'cheating'?).
At most he will get a 2 game ban, worth it really considering the pen won them the game!

The media are scum and in the main talk a load of shite. Everyone is blowing smoke up City's arse but with the amounts they have spent and can spend who gives a fuck. There's no true glory about their achievements, nothing miraculous about a club with their resources topping the table and having the sort of squad that enables them to be competitive in most competitions.

Don't believe the hype.

As for us, IF we were to win a PL or CL it would be a minor miracle and something to be celebrated throughout the football world for it would show that well-run clubs with a long-term plan CAN achieve even in an age when some clubs are owned by actual nations.

Fuck Citeh, fuck PSG.
It's true what you say but nobody gives a fuck . They are all dirty as one so they care nothing if Spurs is run as a prudent business.
Problem is nowadays business models win shit all.

Back
Top Bottom