McGinn to the Lane?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

forgot winks was here
McGinn is a very good footballer. Has done exceptionally well in a pish Scotland team, and has been Villa's best player over the last few seasons.

He's far from perfect but he'll burst a gut to win possession, can score goals from all angles and distances and isn't at all bad with set pieces.

Think he's definitely a player that the Spurs support would enjoy.

With any player this window really, for me it comes down to 'does Conte want him'.

I don't want anybody foisted onto Conte that he doesn't want, and can't see him standing for that.

So...if Conte wants him, I want him.

McGinn is a very good footballer. Has done exceptionally well in a pish Scotland team, and has been Villa's best player over the last few seasons.

He's far from perfect but he'll burst a gut to win possession, can score goals from all angles and distances and isn't at all bad with set pieces.

Think he's definitely a player that the Spurs support would enjoy.
Not to mention a player that Conte would like coaching.

Work ethic, ability, drive to win. He's got all that stuff that Conte likes.

Read this stat today

Highest share of pass value: No player was more important to his team’s ball progression than Aston Villa’s right central midfielder, John McGinn. His hyper-direct distribution accounted for 21.1 per cent of the team’s positive pass value as he repeatedly pushed the ball into areas where Villa were more likely to score. McGinn’s 74.0 per cent pass completion rate, near the bottom of Premier League central midfielders, was a trade-off Villa were happy to accept.

With any player this window really, for me it comes down to 'does Conte want him'.

I don't want anybody foisted onto Conte that he doesn't want, and can't see him standing for that.

So...if Conte wants him, I want him.
Yeah, at this point all my faith is in Conte and Paratici. Don't care who comes and goes, whoever is here come August is going to lift the first league trophy for Spurs in over 60 years come May.

:contethumb:

MCGinn is a hard little bastard and leaves plenty in. But he’s also decent with the ball and a good eye works really hard. The Man from Del Conte, he say Yes.

If I had to pick one home grown player that could be gettable for our future midfield playing centrally in a two (all round midfielder that would develop), I would pick Jacob Ramsey from Villa.

John McGinn would be another for that role, but the Scottish thing makes him an issue in Europe. Ditto Billy Gilmour who I have doubts Chelsea would sell...thought he was very impressive against us on Sunday.

I'd swap McGinn for Ndombele in a heartbeat btw.
McGinn in Ndombele out. Yes please.

wes craven transmissions GIF

McGinn is a good player and fits the profile that Conte likes. If we got him and Eriksen and sell Winks I think we will have a very complete midfield.

He’s aggressive, he’s strong and he plays with personality. Yes he’s not a midfield maestro but they are like gold dust. We saw towards the end of the season a big improvement in Hojbjerg’s play on the ball and I think Conte would get a good tune out of McGinn.
Mcginn really!! No bro he is just a slightly better snodgrass for gods sake!!

Back
Top Bottom