January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are Regulion and Sess perfect, no but both of them clearly are better suited to Conte’s wing back system than left back. Therefore it’s not a weak area, we have bigger issues.
Sess can't be relied upon because he's crocked. I's a simple as that. We need 2 players for each position and he doesn't constitute a whole 1 player when he's injured so often.

Sessegnoon injury record

21/22Thigh ProblemsJul 1, 2021Aug 15, 202145 days1Tottenham Hotspur
21/22KnockSep 1, 2021Nov 14, 202174 days14Tottenham Hotspur
20/21QuarantineNov 11, 2020Nov 16, 20205 days-
20/21KnockJan 9, 2021Feb 14, 202136 days7TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
20/21FitnessFeb 15, 2021Feb 20, 20215 days1TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
19/20Hamstring InjuryJun 21, 2019Nov 2, 2019134 days29Fulham FCTottenham Hotspur
18/19Groin StrainDec 14, 2018Dec 26, 201812 days3Fulham FC

Sessegnoon injury record

21/22Thigh ProblemsJul 1, 2021Aug 15, 202145 days1Tottenham Hotspur
21/22KnockSep 1, 2021Nov 14, 202174 days14Tottenham Hotspur
20/21QuarantineNov 11, 2020Nov 16, 20205 days-
20/21KnockJan 9, 2021Feb 14, 202136 days7TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
20/21FitnessFeb 15, 2021Feb 20, 20215 days1TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
19/20Hamstring InjuryJun 21, 2019Nov 2, 2019134 days29Fulham FCTottenham Hotspur
18/19Groin StrainDec 14, 2018Dec 26, 201812 days3Fulham FC

This is an area of concern but I think we need to wait before we call him crock, there's no persistent injuries for example if his hammy's kept going then that's a major concern.

Think we need to asses things at the end of the season, if he still keeps picking up injuries then yeah sell but for now it's no priority.

Sess can't be relied upon because he's crocked. I's a simple as that. We need 2 players for each position and he doesn't constitute a whole 1 player when he's injured so often.

But who then, they need to be home grown as we are close to our limit and we don’t want that preventing us getting good players in more needed roles. I just don’t see it as much of a priority as Vlahovic, a good CM and a good CB.

Are Regulion and Sess perfect, no but both of them clearly are better suited to Conte’s wing back system than left back. Therefore it’s not a weak area, we have bigger issues.
Sessegnon is nowhere near good enough IMO. We need competition.

Again, the majority of the posts in this thread will be a pipe dream.

Traore is actually one of the most believable because of his contract situation and previous bidding.

Be prepared for Reguillon to struggle if we don't look at the left side. We're stacked on the right with Royal, Tanganga and the useless but rarely injured Dogshittery.
But with Sess as backup to Reguillon, Reguillon is basically on his own for half the season.

Far bigger turds to flush first, imv - Winks, Bergfraud, Sanchez, PEH

I disagree on SB and PEH.

We have to think 25 man squad, and either of them fits in there. Just depends on your flavour how far to the first 11 they get.

I am more worried about the latitude Sanchez, Lo Celso and Sess seem to be getting. Also Ndombele looks like a torrid value transfer.

Sessegnon is nowhere near good enough IMO. We need competition.

Again, the majority of the posts in this thread will be a pipe dream.

Traore is actually one of the most believable because of his contract situation and previous bidding.

Traore though would cover the right side though would he not?

For me the biggest area of concern is midfield.

Ndombele: can’t be bothered
Lo Celso: always injured
Winks: not good enough defensively
Dele: looks finished

4 players for different reasons not pulling their weight. That is crippling and leaves us with Skipp and Hojbjerg every game.

Traore though would cover the right side though would he not?
Would give us an option there, but see him as a replacement for the disappointment that is Bergwijn.

Probably more likely to see a bid for a left footed centre back (ideally one that has also played left back before) and then that would free up Davies as an option to rotate with Reguilon and give him more pressure.

Would give us an option there, but see him as a replacement for the disappointment that is Bergwijn.

Probably more likely to see a bid for a left footed centre back (ideally one that has also played left back before) and then that would free up Davies as an option to rotate with Reguilon and give him more pressure.

What I would give to have a young Verts back

For me the biggest area of concern is midfield.

Ndombele: can’t be bothered
Lo Celso: always injured
Winks: not good enough defensively
Dele: looks finished

4 players for different reasons not pulling their weight. That is crippling and leaves us with Skipp and Hojbjerg every game.
Out of that list the only ones I can see staying would be Lo Celso and to a lesser extent Winks if he is happy being a squad player.

Still see more potential in GLC despite the injuries, Tanguy can get fucked. It also seems that Skipp is being asked to do more going forward and has plenty of room to improve although I would like to see someone there that's more of a playmaker.

Hard to find that player in a two.

What I would give to have a young Verts back
Have seen three players that I like for there, guy from Sporting and a guy at Lens and Pau Lopez at Villarreal...could likely use a HG for that spot but haven't noticed too many that we could get I think.

Agree about young Verts...
He maybe sees Romero and Tanganga as two on the right hand side as they have both filled in at right back, a young version of Jan would ideal for the way he wants them to play.

They should be torturing Villarreal for Pau Torres and seeing if Conte could tempt him.

I didn't expect to open the transfer thread and be greeted with a debate around the ingredients of Holland and Barrett's products. TFC never fails to amuse, confound or deliver.

If I had to pick one home grown player that could be gettable for our future midfield playing centrally in a two (all round midfielder that would develop), I would pick Jacob Ramsey from Villa.

John McGinn would be another for that role, but the Scottish thing makes him an issue in Europe. Ditto Billy Gilmour who I have doubts Chelsea would sell...thought he was very impressive against us on Sunday.

I'd swap McGinn for Ndombele in a heartbeat btw.

Have seen three players that I like for there, guy from Sporting and a guy at Lens and Pau Lopez at Villarreal...could likely use a HG for that spot but haven't noticed too many that we could get I think.

Agree about young Verts...
Pau Torres is a wonderful footballer and him and Romero would help offset our workmanlike midfield. Whether he’s a good enough defender I couldn’t say but he can certainly play like Verts

I was in the bank the other day and I asked the guy behind the counter to check my balance.
He jumped the counter and tried to push me over!
Justin Timberlake Shrug GIF

Back
Top Bottom