Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would agree with that. But de Boer looked very close. He pissed off Levy, so now we get Southampton's manager. I'm underwhelmed.

I really don't think Levy would make a decision primarily based on that. People don't get to his elevation in an investment firm by letting emotions hold prevalence in their decision-making. There has to be a concrete reason he chose Poch, and as such I'm very intrigued to hear it.

I really don't think Levy would make a decision primarily based on that. People don't get to his elevation in an investment firm by letting emotions hold prevalence in their decision-making. There has to be a concrete reason he chose Poch, and as such I'm very intrigued to hear it.

You get to his elevation in an investment firm by owning a large portion of said investment firm.

You can't help but feel perhaps he wanted FDB, but already he's done a media faux pas, so perhaps someone else has told Daniel to go with the option that we've not tried and failed at before.

So am I, because it doesn't stack up. de Boer is the better, but more expensive candidate.

here's tomorrow's papers in the UK....

BomBC67CMAIK9t2.jpg

I would agree with that. But de Boer looked very close. He pissed off Levy, so now we get Southampton's manager. I'm underwhelmed.

You're underwhelmed because you don't really know De Boer hence he can do no wrong. Take it from someone who's watched Ajax and the Eredivise regularly, he's a good manager but not the messiah he's made out to be. His football is not as fluid and entertaining as Pochettino's and he's faced similar problems of opening up weak teams as AVB did.

You're underwhelmed because you don't really know De Boer hence he can do no wrong. Take it from someone who's watched Ajax and the Eredivise regularly, he's a good manager but not the messiah he's made out to be. His football is not as fluid and entertaining as Pochettino's and he's faced similar problems of opening up weak teams as AVB did.

Not the first time I've heard this from regular Eredivisie watchers, including Ajax fans. Apparently a sizable number of them actually feel he holds little relevance at all to their recent successes.

Not the first time I've heard this from regular Eredivisie watchers, including Ajax fans. Apparently a sizable number of them actually feel he holds little relevance at all to their recent successes.

I would not go that far at all mate. He took over when they had not won the league in 7 years, had made substantial and bad investments and were going through a huge change in the boardroom. He's got them playing good football and has won the league on 4 accounts while having his best players sold from underneath him. He's definitely a good manager.

I just don't think that there's much between him and Pochettino and while De Boer has won trophies during his managerial career as opposed to Pochettino I still think the latters experience in England edges out De Boer. There's a very big difference, tactically, between the Premier League and the Eredivise and I would be worried as if to how De Boer would accustom his tactics and philosophy to such a different league.

I watch Ajax as much as I can. I've seen them live 7 times. I love Dutch football. Are you saying Pochettino is a better manager?

You get to his elevation in an investment firm by owning a large portion of said investment firm.

You can't help but feel perhaps he wanted FDB, but already he's done a media faux pas, so perhaps someone else has told Daniel to go with the option that we've not tried and failed at before.

I'm under the impression he didn't buy into the Tavistock Group, but was recruited specifically by Lewis well before they "made it" per se. Also, a successful investment multi-billionaire wouldn't appoint a man who uses emotions in decision-making to run his single most valuable investment. No, I think the faux pas hacked Levy off, but that he had far deeper reasons for such a selection. Cheaper also can't be a primary reason, as the differences in a few million would not be enough to change the direction of the gravity of an investment such as the manager.

I would not go that far at all mate. He took over when they had not won the league in 7 years, had made substantial and bad investments and were going through a huge change in the boardroom. He's got them playing good football and has won the league on 4 accounts while having his best players sold from underneath him. He's definitely a good manager.

I just don't think that there's much between him and Pochettino and while De Boer has won trophies during his managerial career as opposed to Pochettino I still think the latters experience in England edges out De Boer. There's a very big difference, tactically, between the Premier League and the Eredivise and I would be worried as if to how De Boer would accustom his tactics and philosophy to such a different league.

Oh these aren't my opinions, there's no need to convince me. Simply opinions I've seen posted from some Ajax boards.

So who is responsible for their 4 titles in a row? Football fans.

The more interesting "naysayers" tended to chalk it up more so to the academy and their ability to crank out ready-made replacements when needed from those sales, i.e. they would identify which players he was likely to lose next and develop the best players from the academy into those corresponding molds so it'd be a matter of "reloading instead of rebuilding."

Again though, not my opinion, just the messenger.

Back
Top Bottom