Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We've nicked Southampton's manager before. He also had a philosophy that impressed Levy. That went well.

To be fair it did go well, until said manager got off the hook for porridge and turned into a saggy faced arrogant twat.

As long as Poch keeps his feet on the ground, might just work out well

The more the Pochettino new gathers momentum, the more I want this bet to come in:

es6i2v.png

To all those going mental about MoPo and kicking up a fuss, ask yourselves this:

How many of the top PL managers would we have been happy with before they joined their respective teams?

Wenger from Grampus Eight?
Ferguson from Aberdeen?
Pellegrini from Malaga?
Martinez from Wigan?
Rodgers from Swansea?

Sometimes the best choices don't seem to make sense to fans. No reason not to believe?

To all those going mental about MoPo and kicking up a fuss, ask yourselves this:

How many of the top PL managers would we have been happy with before they joined their respective teams?

Wenger from Grampus Eight?
Ferguson from Aberdeen?
Pellegrini from Malaga?
Martinez from Wigan?
Rodgers from Swansea?

Sometimes the best choices don't seem to make sense to fans. No reason not to believe?
A lot of it comes down to the working relationships with the players, board and the chairman. We have no idea what Pochettino is like, and the only thing we have to go off is his public (very insular) persona and the commendations of other people. Behind closed doors he may well be the most driven, enthusiastic, determined individual in British football - and as you say most great managers have humble beginnings.

Now, I'm not saying that he will be a great manager, but the likes of Mourinho have commented that 'you cannot go wrong with this guy' - and he knows a fair bit about winning. His time at Southampton has been successful, and he has managed to push Atkins' squad further forward, while getting them to play very attractive football.

Let's be honest though, there aren't many other managers available!

Please don't say MoPo though haha

It'd be a fucking short list of candidates if we limit our choice to things that haven't failed in the past!....
Like I said above, we haven't got many decent managers to choose from and everyone is hoping for someone of Guardiola's calibre to join the club.

When teams like AC Milan are sniffing around for a new manager (supposedly), we will never be able to compete. I think a lot of people should re-adjust their expectations slightly. Be ambitious, yes, but also realistic

It's nice to see an appointment before the world cup. Lamela might come of age. Hopefully we can put last season behind us which wouldn't need much improvement. Fingers crossed we have selected wisely. It is all a bit of a gamble whoever you appoint.

A lot of it comes down to the working relationships with the players, board and the chairman. We have no idea what Pochettino is like, and the only thing we have to go off is his public (very insular) persona and the commendations of other people. Behind closed doors he may well be the most driven, enthusiastic, determined individual in British football - and as you say most great managers have humble beginnings.

Now, I'm not saying that he will be a great manager, but the likes of Mourinho have commented that 'you cannot go wrong with this guy' - and he knows a fair bit about winning. His time at Southampton has been successful, and he has managed to push Atkins' squad further forward, while getting them to play very attractive football.

Let's be honest though, there aren't many other managers available!

Please don't say MoPo though haha

Made this, just for you ;)

image.jpg

:adebaehug:

Back
Top Bottom