Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not the way he played for Pochettino in the latter stages it isn't.
If I was a PSG fan, I would be upset if the first player or players (I'm including Dele) Poch brings are ones who have been on a downward spiral for nearly two years.

Imagine Mourinho telling Levy the first players he wants signed are Lingard and Sanchez :mourloopy:

If Poch does bring one or two of them in, I think it's because PSG would have to sell before they can buy (due to FFP) so Eriksen and Dele could be cheap loan + buy options.

Ok I get that too but you’re skirting around the main issue for me in that he destabilised the team just before the biggest game in our history by threatening to resign

Absolutely disgraceful imv
I have massive respect for poch. I felt a bond similar to that of BMJ

He was great for us for many reasons but that twisted sour poch for the last 8 months I try to remove from my reckonings

but what I can’t let go of was that proclamation to quit after the final .

just what the fuck kind of effect was that supposed to engender. Killed any ‘all in it together’ spirit essential to winning finals

still irks me

If I was a PSG fan, I would be upset if the first player or players (I'm including Dele) Poch brings are ones who have been on a downward spiral for nearly two years.

Imagine Mourinho telling Levy the first players he wants signed are Lingard and Sanchez :mourloopy:

If Poch does bring one or two of them in, I think it's because PSG would have to sell before they can buy (due to FFP) so Eriksen and Dele could be cheap loan + buy options.

Great post mate. Totally, especially Eriksen.

I want him to go to PSG and spend money like it’s going out of fashion, get all that frustration out of having to compete with a vastly lower budget for 5 years!
In fairness poch glaring weakness was he couldn’t pick a player .... shocking lack of judgement at both spurs and SH.

with money to just buy best and a squad stacked full of world class talent he won’t have that Achilles heel

I reckon he could do something special there and I hope he does

I have massive respect for poch. I felt a bond similar to that of BMJ

He was great for us for many reasons but that twisted sour poch for the last 8 months I try to remove from my reckonings

but what I can’t let go of was that proclamation to quit after the final .

just what the fuck kind of effect was that supposed to engender. Killed any ‘all in it together’ spirit essential to winning finals

still irks me
Bang on what I feel about him. Still love the bloke but something was seriously wrong behind the scenes at that time. Pressure? i dont know. But what he said leading up to the final, then playing an obviously unfit Kane ahead of a bloke who scored a hat trick in the game before just made no sense.

Hes always said hed love to manage PSG given he played there, so all the best to him.

I've never supported a 2nd team before but I might start with PSG.

Why do people think Poch will want to sign Alli? Dele doesn't get in their side.

Shitting on our most successful manager in 20 years like that - poor form
It’s not shitting on him it’s truth.
He has won nothing.
He is joining PSG who are owned by Qatar, can buy any player in the world and afford their wages and have won 7 of the last 10 titles and 6 of the last 10 domestic cups.

Yes he win something, and yes it will count.

But will he do it by bringing through the youth (a myth that was claimed is his thing) or by turning benchwarmers into top players.

Nope.
He might be able to sign Kane for 300M though.
There’s being backed, and there’s being backed by Qatar. It’s Chelsea in France mate, if you respect it fine. I don’t.

It’s not shitting on him it’s truth.
He has won nothing.
He is joining PSG who are owned by Qatar, can buy any player in the world and afford their wages and have won 7 of the last 10 titles and 6 of the last 10 domestic cups.

Yes he win something, and yes it will count.

But will he do it by bringing through the youth (a myth that was claimed is his thing) or by turning benchwarmers into top players.

Nope.
He might be able to sign Kane for 300M though.
There’s being backed, and there’s being backed by Qatar. It’s Chelsea in France mate, if you respect it fine. I don’t.
Oh yes, the likes of you were mocking him for not being able to land a big job. Now that he will, it’s not good cause he’s got unlimited funds. If it was Bayern or Juventus you’d say something like he’s managing in a farmers league and got no competition.

Back
Top Bottom