Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where the hell am I melting? I'm laughing fella. I'm very happy following another fantastic season, 3rd in the league, competing with Europe's elite. I'm proud of what we are doing, I literally have not a single thing to melt about. You of on the other hand are again in turmoil, it's a fucking disgrace it's all going to shit what with the manager in crisis talks on his hands and knees with his begging bowl out, offering ultimatums. LOL

Enjoy your misery, it's your default position, your status quo and as you've admitted "your therapy". It's just a shame you drag us all into your therapy sessions, still glad we make you better each time, done without any thanks I notice but hey ho. Here to help when the sadness and anger gets all to much.

FYI it's possible to laugh and melt simultaneously, Hollywood told me so:

Winning games from losing positon against relegation fodders means fuck all. We are expected to beat them.

How about winning from losing position in season defining games like Juve at Wembley or Utd in FA semis?

I was just thinking the same regarding the knock out games. We were knocked out of all 3 cup competitions in games we were winning.

West Ham in the Carabao Cup, 2-0 up after 37 mins lost 2-3
Juventus in the Champs League, 3-2 up (agg) after 129 of 180 mins lost 3-4
United in the FA Cup, 1-0 up after 11 mins and lost 1-2

Dunno what it is but there's something stopping us in these games. But to use the "mot du saison", I don't think I'd mind a bit of pragmatism when were winning in cup games.

Last edited:
I was just thinking the same regarding the knock out games. We were knocked out of all 3 cup competitions in games we were winning.

West Ham in the Carabao Cup, 2-0 up after 37 mins lost 2-3
Juventus in the Champs League, 3-2 up (agg) after 219 of 360 mins lost 3-4
United in the FA Cup, 1-0 up after 11 mins and lost 1-2

Dunno what it is but there's something stopping us in these games. But to use the "mot du saison", I don't think I'd mind a bit of pragmatism when were winning in cup games.
It's definitely at least in part a lack of pragmatism/cynism.

We play with youthful flair, especially when everything clicks. But we seem unable to just go in to "business" mode and decide that it is time to shut down shop in knockout games

It's definitely at least in part a lack of pragmatism/cynism.

We play with youthful flair, especially when everything clicks. But we seem unable to just go in to "business" mode and decide that it is time to shut down shop in knockout games

It's a bit more than that fellow posters. I have raised the point of us going out in the manner stated. Hugely disappointing.

But it's both our strength and our weakness. We are a front foot team which is fine but we lack a killer instinct against the top teams and are not set up to defend.

The issue in each is that we led very early. The league cup loss was simply complacency having thought the job was done. The losses to Juventus and United were matters of not being able to react positively enough when parity was restored and then falling behind but both losses were against hardened winners in Allegri and Mourinho.

People should be in no doubt. A cup win in any competition just lifts the pressure on everyone.

Champions League I understand is crucial to our progression but add that trophy and we will be flying I feel because it just shows that the model works.

Last edited:
Lets be honest with ourselves. If opponent scores in the first minute, and then we score back right away thats hardly poch doing some great management. A donkey could be manager for those few minutes in which we score back and it wouldnt be much different.

This criticism about Poch is that we go down in the first half, he doesnt get it right quickly at half time to change things around No point in tricking anyone so lets look at the most real/true stats i.e. the actual half time and full time scores

In the PL this season, these are all the halftime and fulltime scores for all the matches we were losing at half time.

CHE (H) 0-1, 1-2 (lost)
ARS (A) 2-0, 2-0 (lost)
WBA(H) 0-1, 1-1 (draw)
LEI (A) 2-0,2-1 (lost)
MNC (A) 1-0, 4-1 (lost)
LIV (A) 1-0, 2-2 (draw)
MNC (A) 1-2, 1-3 (lost)
LEI (H) 1-2, 5-4 (win)

Basically 1 win from 8 matches while losing at halftime in one of the most funky matches ever. Not sure how that ranks compared to the rest of the teams (not that we care) , but it doesnt look that great.

Lets be honest with ourselves. If opponent scores in the first minute, and then we score back right away thats hardly poch doing some great management. A donkey could be manager for those few minutes in which we score back and it wouldnt be much different.

This criticism about Poch is that we go down in the first half, he doesnt get it right quickly at half time to change things around No point in tricking anyone so lets look at the most real/true stats i.e. the actual half time and full time scores

In the PL this season, these are all the halftime and fulltime scores for all the matches we were losing at half time.

CHE (H) 0-1, 1-2 (lost)
ARS (A) 2-0, 2-0 (lost)
WBA(H) 0-1, 1-1 (draw)
LEI (A) 2-0,2-1 (lost)
MNC (A) 1-0, 4-1 (lost)
LIV (A) 1-0, 2-2 (draw)
MNC (A) 1-2, 1-3 (lost)
LEI (H) 1-2, 5-4 (win)

Basically 1 win from 8 matches while losing at halftime in one of the most funky matches ever. Not sure how that ranks compared to the rest of the teams (not that we care) , but it doesnt look that great.
It's odd because last season or the one before that we had the best stats in the league when it came to making a comeback from being down at half time

CHE (H) 0-1, 1-2 (lost)
ARS (A) 2-0, 2-0 (lost)
WBA(H) 0-1, 1-1 (draw)
LEI (A) 2-0,2-1 (lost)
MNC (A) 1-0, 4-1 (lost)
LIV (A) 1-0, 2-2 (draw)
MNC (A) 1-2, 1-3 (lost)
LEI (H) 1-2, 5-4 (win)

Take it up with THFC1976. I just posted a tweet I thought some people might find interesting.

Omg Pochettino why the hell are you moaning about tottenham not winning a trophy and need more money when you put that dipstick vorm out to play against UTD who have arguably the best GK in the world!! If you really wanted to win a trophy you would not A) play vorm against Man utd B) Gone gung ho against Juventus in the quarter final when we were leading the tie (all you had to do was sure up midfield with two holding midfielders ffs) C) manage to f**k up the title against a shite leicester team, losing one nil at home when we had way better players.

When are people gonna stop worshipping this guy, for the last time he is a coach not a manager (with that stupid boss eyed monkey assistant next to him, maybe the random substitution decisions are down to him!!) People forget that Pochettino has inherited a 30 goal a season striker in Kane, Alli for a snip at 5 Mil, and the benefits of the Bale money that bought the likes of Erikkson. He is not the genius everyone thinks, good coach but shit manager. Doesnt know when to take a draw like the defeat against chelsea at wembley when he went gung ho with the fullbacks at one all. The guy does not know how to win those type of games when a team is not going to get taned 3 nil like Juventus. The type of games where its win one nil, or nothing, spurs cannot win one nil when they are playing average, that is why they will never win the title with this chump in charge , and his boss eyed monkey assistant next to him. Give me Harry Rednapp or Martin Jol any day, did far better with much less resources. Dont give a flying f*** if mauriccio leaves, when are tottenhham gonna realise to dare isnt to do, ok to dare is to win there is no glory in playing your girlfriend michel vorm against man utd, where was the glory that day , you stupid sp*ck!

Omg Pochettino why the hell are you moaning about tottenham not winning a trophy and need more money when you put that dipstick vorm out to play against UTD who have arguably the best GK in the world!! If you really wanted to win a trophy you would not A) play vorm against Man utd B) Gone gung ho against Juventus in the quarter final when we were leading the tie (all you had to do was sure up midfield with two holding midfielders ffs) C) manage to f**k up the title against a shite leicester team, losing one nil at home when we had way better players.

When are people gonna stop worshipping this guy, for the last time he is a coach not a manager (with that stupid boss eyed monkey assistant next to him, maybe the random substitution decisions are down to him!!) People forget that Pochettino has inherited a 30 goal a season striker in Kane, Alli for a snip at 5 Mil, and the benefits of the Bale money that bought the likes of Erikkson. He is not the genius everyone thinks, good coach but shit manager. Doesnt know when to take a draw like the defeat against chelsea at wembley when he went gung ho with the fullbacks at one all. The guy does not know how to win those type of games when a team is not going to get taned 3 nil like Juventus. The type of games where its win one nil, or nothing, spurs cannot win one nil when they are playing average, that is why they will never win the title with this chump in charge , and his boss eyed monkey assistant next to him. Give me Harry Rednapp or Martin Jol any day, did far better with much less resources. Dont give a flying f*** if mauriccio leaves, when are tottenhham gonna realise to dare isnt to do, ok to dare is to win there is no glory in playing your girlfriend michel vorm against man utd, where was the glory that day , you stupid sp*ck!

Feel better?? Someone being made to work late on a Friday when it's not worth starting anything new?? :)

Oh dear! Oh dear!

...State of that! :pochrolleyes:

You complete Bellend.. “ you stupid sp*ck” fuck off from this forum NOW..

Oh and Erikkson ??? Fuck off and don’t come back..

Fuck off.

Fuck off and die.

Welcome to TFC Stuart.

You'll make an excellent addition to this forum.

Looking forward to read more from you.

If you like Harry so much why not hang out with him down at the unemployment office!

Back
Top Bottom