Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ancelotti has a reputation for never rotating or giving youth talent a chance, it's what cost him the Spanish title in 14/15 and ultimately his job. He's an incredible manager, of course, but he hasn't really shown a willingness to give opportunities to backups/youth the way Poch has.

Oh how the other half live when they have to m put up with only wining the CL. I think like most of the games top managers he would be adaptable to his surroundings. I would like to see him here one day.

We have lost a little discipline from the players on the pitch and respect for Poch . Maybe the players believe they are better than they really are and can't accept or forgotten Poch is the reason behind their success. We go one down and Poch will only nod his head- he is letting the players off . I want him Screaming at em. Pull players off who are not playing well. Give em hell. Remind them what they were before he came. I feel he's too mild and the players are taking the piss.

Oh how the other half live when they have to m put up with only wining the CL. I think like most of the games top managers he would be adaptable to his surroundings. I would like to see him here one day.
This has nothing to do with what I'm saying....Ancelotti is a terrific manager because he knows how to keep the superstars in check, his only real fuckup has been with Bayern (and even then, he won the German title with them last season). But he's not the kind of guy who's going to give unproven youth players serious playing time. I'm not underrating his ability to keep the overpaid diva players in line, that's something that a lot of managers, even tactically brilliant ones, have struggled with, but he's not really suited for a club like Spurs, which is dependent on developing underrated youth talent to succeed.

Last edited:
I think the problem is that the book has been written as if it is Pochettino's journal and it seems as if he is spilling the beans on private conversations with his players.

For example the Dier/Mourinho story actually came from an interview with Dier but to fit the style of the book it was rewritten from Pochettino's point of view.

To do this Balague would have had to have the express permission of all those involved.

It’s distressing looking through the crisis, Poch’s thread etc.

“Players are just tired. Whoever didn’t play recently is why our form is bad. Plus we need whoever is scoring for another team recently. Alli has attitude problem. Farting noises”

Why isn’t every thread. Tweet, FB post aimed at the club not screaming PACE PACE PACE?

How much proof has to unfold for this penny to drop? People calling for Winks? Lamela? Slow and slower?

If I’m a troll, you fucking need me. You needed me to tell you Townsend, Soldado, Lennon etc were Tiny dancers. You needed me during beastgate re Kane, Dembele, Wanyama etc. Now you need me for pacegate 2017. Because you are always a year behind...STILL scratching your arses kneejerking through another season.

Walker gone = Less pace.
Wanyama injured = Less pace.
Toby injured = Less pace.

Now here is the bombshell. We were already too slow WITH Walker/Wanyama/Toby. Our midfield/attack was still mollases. That was reflected at Wembley where we always had bad form.

At WHL we were unbeaten last season in Prem. It was the SECOND smallest pitch in the Prem. Our lack of pace with Kane/Dembele/Eriksen/Dier etc didn’t matter as much.

Recent attacks/midfields/spines have had a mix of Alli/Eriksen/Winks/Llorente/Dembele/Kane/Dier. The slowest possible combo’s were being used on massive pitches or vs teams with flyers? What is Poch thinking?!

Poch already had us spinning our wheels because we were so sluggish in the final third. But now Poch has made terrible mistakes COMPOUNDING the only issues we have.

Playing one or two fast players in a starting 11 is title suicide. Esp on a pitch as large as Wembley. And with Poch subbing on players like Llorente or Winks? Sigh.

We have the squad. We have the players even with Wanyama etc out. But Poch is pouring gasoline on the burning barn than is our season.

Lamela can fix it right? Mr red card, penalty, 3 or 4 goals/assists a season is the answer right? Herp a derp.

I feel terrible for Alli, Dier and Eriksen. Playing three slow players next/in front of each other!? WITHOUT the pacy players that used to protect them? It’s like a huge “manager attack us with pace here” sigh that is so ragged from overuse you can hardly read it anymore. Poch is so easy to work out. He’s been spanked by mediocre managers all season in the prem.

Our players are being run into the ground. How frustrating must it be having your biggest issue (mobility) surrounding you? Look behind? Slow Dier. Look to your left? Slow Alli. Look to your right? Slow Eriksen. Look again? Slow Winks. Slow Dembele. Oh I have the ball? Who’s in front? Slow Llorente?

We have enough pace in the squad. We don’t have a manager that KNOWS we actually lack pace. He thinks hard work can fix anything. We got burned down the wings for the upteenth time and Sanchez got frustrated. It’s why I tweeted we would get a lot of injuries and red cards. I knew Poch would start working our players too hard in training once our pace deficit started turning into dropped points.

What amazes me is this forum thinks Poch is a good manager. Have you seen our corners? Free kicks? Throwins? Bunched midfielders you can throw a napkin over? Poch is lucky to have our squad. It’s the best bunch of players I’ve ever seen at Spurs.

He is s good judge of character and has us fit as fuck. But he’s a diabolical tactician and he’s fucked up anotber season for us.

Hopefully the slow speed of the CL can save his reputation. I’ve said it in the past, EVENTUALLY the Poch penny drops. He’s a slow but sure learner. It’s just a shame Poch is trying out his winless manager training wheels with perhaps the best bunch of players we’ll see in our lifetime as supporters. Winless with this team is criminal.

“Players are just tired. Whoever didn’t play recently is why our form is bad. Plus we need whoever is scoring for another team recently. Alli has attitude problem. Farting noises”

Why isn’t every thread. Tweet, FB post aimed at the club not screaming PACE PACE PACE?

How much proof has to unfold for this penny to drop? People calling for Winks? Lamela? Slow and slower?

If I’m a troll, you fucking need me. You needed me to tell you Townsend, Soldado, Lennon etc were Tiny dancers. You needed me during beastgate re Kane, Dembele, Wanyama etc. Now you need me for pacegate 2017. Because you are always a year behind...STILL scratching your arses kneejerking through another season.

Walker gone = Less pace.

Now here is the bombshell. We were already too slow WITH Walker/Wanyama/Toby. Our midfield/attack was still mollases. That was reflected at Wembley where we always had bad form.

At WHL we were unbeaten last season in Prem. It was the SECOND smallest pitch in the Prem. Our lack of pace with Kane/Dembele/Eriksen/Dier etc didn’t matter as much.

Recent attacks/midfields/spines have had a mix of Alli/Eriksen/Winks/Llorente/Dembele/Kane/Dier. The slowest possible combo’s were being used on massive pitches or vs teams with flyers? What is Poch thinking?!

Poch already had us spinning our wheels because we were so sluggish in the final third. But now Poch has made terrible mistakes COMPOUNDING the only issues we have.

Playing one or two fast players in a starting 11 is title suicide. Esp on a pitch as large as Wembley. And with Poch subbing on players like Llorente or Winks? Sigh.

We have the squad. We have the players even with Wanyama etc out. But Poch is pouring gasoline on the burning barn than is our season.

Lamela can fix it right? Mr red card, penalty, 3 or 4 goals/assists a season is the answer right? Herp a derp.

I feel terrible for Alli, Dier and Eriksen. Playing three slow players next/in front of each other!? WITHOUT the pacy players that used to protect them? It’s like a huge “manager attack us with pace here” sigh that is so ragged from overuse you can hardly read it anymore. Poch is so easy to work out. He’s been spanked by mediocre managers all season in the prem.

Our players are being run into the ground. How frustrating must it be having your biggest issue (mobility) surrounding you? Look behind? Slow Dier. Look to your left? Slow Alli. Look to your right? Slow Eriksen. Look again? Slow Winks. Slow Dembele. Oh I have the ball? Who’s in front? Slow Llorente?

We have enough pace in the squad. We don’t have a manager that KNOWS we actually lack pace. He thinks hard work can fix anything. We got burned down the wings for the upteenth time and Sanchez got frustrated. It’s why I tweeted we would get a lot of injuries and red cards. I knew Poch would start working our players too hard in training once our pace deficit started turning into dropped points.

What amazes me is this forum thinks Poch is a good manager. Have you seen our corners? Free kicks? Throwins? Bunched midfielders you can throw a napkin over? Poch is lucky to have our squad. It’s the best bunch of players I’ve ever seen at Spurs.

He is s good judge of character and has us fit as fuck. But he’s a diabolical tactician and he’s fucked up anotber season for us.

Hopefully the slow speed of the CL can save his reputation. I’ve said it in the past, EVENTUALLY the Poch penny drops. He’s a slow but sure learner. It’s just a shame Poch is trying out his winless manager training wheels with perhaps the best bunch of players we’ll see in our lifetime as supporters. Winless with this team is criminal.
Thanks Gibbs. This is useful input.
I’m compiling a book of your insight and wisdom, I hope for it to be similar to Sun Tzu’s 'The Art of War', but about football tactics. So far I am struggling to get past verse two, can you help me out? So far it reads;

Master Gibbs did say,
1.1 Players must be strong.
1.2 Players must be fast.

Last edited:

Walker gone = Less pace.

Fuck off back to whatever hovel you crawled out of again. Your opinions are worth less than nothing.

After some time, players will question the coach in their minds. Being a coach you have to be consistent with your decisions. Some Players want the reassurance from the coach, want to accept his decisions as true and not feel any inconsistency. They have to believe , when they are not playing, it's the correct decision. The coach must improve along side the players. It's easy for the players, the coach needs success. E.g. Walker improved under Poch now he will win the PL and Poch has it all to do.

I want to add. Give Poch City or Utd or any top Europe side and he would win the League. Pep and Jose are no better for me. Wenger is better than I want to admit and the other end of the spectrum BIG Sam old school getting the job done with no thrills and bells.

Walker gone = Less pace.

I've just been reading S Hawkings book A brief history of time and this gave a better account of Black Holes? You comments are fall of em? It's a brilliant squad made by Poch , they didn't make him. To question him as you've done is blasphemy. I hope Santa passes by your house this Xmas.

Walker gone = Less pace.

The only thing lacking is confidence .

We have lost a little discipline from the players on the pitch and respect for Poch . Maybe the players believe they are better than they really are and can't accept or forgotten Poch is the reason behind their success. We go one down and Poch will only nod his head- he is letting the players off . I want him Screaming at em. Pull players off who are not playing well. Give em hell. Remind them what they were before he came. I feel he's too mild and the players are taking the piss.
You deduced all that from seeing Poch's face for two seconds on the telly? Who would've thought this little crisis could gather intellectuals such as yourself.
Football fans really are some obnoxious know-it-all cunts, me included.

You deduced all that from seeing Poch's face for two seconds on the telly? Who would've thought this little crisis could gather intellectuals such as yourself.
Football fans really are some obnoxious know-it-all cunts, me included.
No. So what are you saying?

What happened when Watford scored?

Last edited:
I have said it is a discussion point, Jesus Christ. Such things can result in a manger loosing a dressing room, we saw that with O Leary. We will see if this just a down turn in form or something is larger at play in the next month but it certainly warrants discussion now because there is a correlation there and for me demonstrates a judgement issue with out manager. No benefit can possibly come from this book, it only has capacity to do damage the club. Why that some struggle with that notion I do not know.

Genuine question, have you even read the book?
I have and it's not a big juicy kiss and tell like the media would have you believe, also all players were asked about being in the book, and the book is for charity so of course some benefit has come from it, but if you haven't read it already then I recommend it as a good read!

Walker gone = Less pace.

Usain Bolt is available on a free

Specifically identify the bits that have directly attributed our drop in form and why/how this is so.
I said no good could possibly come from it, and that is true (dont bother with the charity bollocks, that will be minimal). But I'm sure the players think a lot less of him now especially after the bits where he didnt actually name current players but they will know exactly who he is talking about.

That moment when you notice that the likes of Barton & Brazil on TS are taking a calmer, more measured view of our current form than half the poxy fanbase.

:llorishuh:

Back
Top Bottom