Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Genuine question, have you even read the book?
I have and it's not a big juicy kiss and tell like the media would have you believe, also all players were asked about being in the book, and the book is for charity so of course some benefit has come from it, but if you haven't read it already then I recommend it as a good read!

I have read similar books with the last being AVBs they are all much of muchness. I just object the principle of them, no good ever comes from them and it is often a sign of manager buying into their own hype. It may not been a huge kiss and tell but small aspects like disclosing Ali is learning Spanish demonstrates real naivety on his part.The charity aspect is admirable but I think there was a far better means of achieving that.

I have read similar books with the last being AVBs they are all much of muchness. I just object the principle of them, no good ever comes from them and it is often a sign of manager buying into their own hype. It may not been a huge kiss and tell but small aspects like disclosing Ali is learning Spanish demonstrates real naivety on his part.The charity aspect is admirable but I think there was a far better means of achieving that.
I know want you mean, mate.

I remember writing an essay on Richard Crashaw. I hadn’t read any of his poetry but I’d read everything by John Donne and i’d heard Crashaw was a bit like him. The university was in agreement. They said: fuck reading the actual text before commenting, why would that be important? Just read something in the same genre.

I think they were applauding my efficient approach. Much the same as I applaud yours, Hood. Bravo. Great minds...

I said no good could possibly come from it, and that is true (dont bother with the charity bollocks, that will be minimal). But I'm sure the players think a lot less of him now especially after the bits where he didnt actually name current players but they will know exactly who he is talking about.
Couldn't give a shit about the charity aspects, only challenging the reason why people think the book is the reason for us not picking up points. By saying no good will come of it implies only bad will come of it, otherwise you wouldn't have posted a single word about the book, you wouldn't have brought it up. Like everyone who is saying it's a reason for us not collecting points not a single person have given a specific reason and why.

Why would our players think less of him? He talks to all of our players every single day, they know exactly where they stand and what they need to do, rules have been put in place about behaviour and the team operate within this, great emphasis has been put on respect. Players that have left, even those that were banished (Ade, Townsend) have come out and been highly complimentary about Poch as they respected the process, understood why they were not selected. The players weren't named in the book because he's protecting them, they know who they are because he talks to them, they know what the issue is because he talks to them, they know who they are because they are the issue that's being address. (we don't know who they are because it's behind closed doors, we don't now who they are because he hasn't named them).

I know want you mean, mate.

I remember writing an essay on Richard Crashaw. I hadn’t read any of his poetry but I’d read everything by John Donne and i’d heard Crashaw was a bit like him. The university was in agreement. They said: fuck reading the actual text before commenting, why would that be important? Just read something in the same genre.

I think they were applauding my efficient approach. Much the same as I applaud yours, Hood. Bravo. Great minds...

Oh please forgive me in thinking that this book follows the standard staple of such books. The extracts that I have read indicate that it does as do the comments/ reviews that I have read about it but clearly this is a work that breaks the mould in this area right? That great literator of our age Gillem Balague has produced something of true note. I gather it is a book that doesn’t focus on his time at club? It’s doesn’t outline his managerial philosophy, it doesn’t disclose conversations and opinions on personnel at the club? Clearly you have read the book so please tell where it differs from those areas or is this a case of you trying to be clever and failing to pull it off? It’s baffling how so many can struggle with the concept of a person taking issue with the principle of the book.

Last edited:
Oh please forgive me in thinking that this book follows the standard staple of such books. The extracts that I have read indicate that it does as do the comments/ reviews that I have read about it but clearly this is a work that breaks the mould in this area right? That great literator of our age Gillem Balague has produced something of true note. I gather it is a book that doesn’t focus on his time at club? It’s doesn’t outline his managerial philosophy, it doesn’t disclose conversations and opinions on personnel at the club? Clearly you have read the book so please tell where it differs from those areas or is this a case of you trying to be clever and failing to pull it off? It’s baffling how so many can struggle with the concept of a person taking issue with the principle of the book.
The simple rule of thumb is until you read it, you don't know what you are talking about

The simple rule of thumb is until you read it, you don't know what you are talking about

Hahah what the fuck?!? It just a book then? We know nothing of the content or the basis and principle behind this?

To make this clear and simple, this is a book that reveals the inner dealings with the club, it comments on personnel with the club and it stems from the manager of the club. Those are facts and it is something I object too, I don’t think it is wise for any club manager to do this, more so mid way through a season. How is that so difficult to understand?

In the book Poch reveals a few players' biological fathers via secret DNA testing. Really unprofessional. Also the passage where he goes in detail about the squad's last truth or dare game is clearly causing disharmony in the squad. Dele's form must be down to the pics of him wanking Poch used in between chapters.

He badly needs to win something, so as to get that monkey off his back.

It’s like a golfer who can’t quite win that elusive first Major. It followed Sergio for years. Rory Fowler is the current nearly man.

Even if it’s just a League Cup. Mourinho knows the importance of winning early at your new club, so he holds that trophy in high regard.

Klopp’s Liverpool are devastating on their day. The attack can be frightening at times. That buys him a certain amount of respect from the Media. Poch’s ability to work with young players (particularly English) also buys him a certain amount of leeway.

But both have lost 3 finals between them. Woolwich, for all their obvious weaknesses, have managed to win 3 of the last 4 FA Cup finals. That is a winning mentality. City are beginning to find their winning mentality again under Pep, having underachieved since 2014. United and Chelsea have the strongest character. They find a way to win regularly, even during crisis.

Poch needs to get over the finishing line somehow.

I’m not defending Balague as a great man of letters, even if you are in no position to slag the cunt’s writing. How many books have you published?

Anyway, none of this shit matters. My point was simple and you’re trying your best to obfuscate it. You haven’t read the book, so why do you persist in basing your argument on your critique of it? It’s fucken madness.

Hahah what the fuck?!? It just a book then? We know nothing of the content or the basis and principle behind this?

To make this clear and simple, this is a book that reveals the inner dealings with the club, it comments on personnel with the club and it stems from the manager of the club. Those are facts and it is something I object too, I don’t think it is wise for any club manager to do this, more so mid way through a season. How is that so difficult to understand?
For someone who's been banging on about this book for so long it's surprising that you still are yet to explain what it is exactly about the book you so vehemently object too, what "inner dealings" are you talking about. Surely you do know what your so angry about.

For someone who's been banging on about this book for so long it's surprising that you still are yet to explain what it is exactly about the book you so vehemently object too, what "inner dealings" are you talking about. Surely you do know what your so angry about.

He can't explain it as h hasn't read it! Couldn't make this shit up! :pochfacepalm:

Because you havent read it

I’m not defending Balague as a great man of letters, even if you are in no position to slag the cunt’s writing. How many books have you published?

Anyway, none of this shit matters. My point was simple and you’re trying your best to obfuscate it. You haven’t read the book, so why do you persist in basing your argument on your critique of it? It’s fucken madness.

What possible relevance does that have? I don’t need to be a writer to know that Balague isn’t considered a talent in this field.

Again this is incredibly simple, it’s the principle at play here. I don’t want and don’t think a club manager releasing such a book is a good thing, it can only have disadvantages. The quality of the content is absolutely irrelevant to this.

In the words of John McEnroe you cannot be serious. IT IS THE BOOK ITSELF THAT I OBJECT TOO!!!

What possible relevance does that have? I don’t need to be a writer to know that Balague isn’t considered a talent in this field.

Again this is incredibly simple, it’s the principle at play here. I don’t want and don’t think a club manager releasing such a book is a good thing, it can only have disadvantages. The quality of the content is absolutely irrelevant to this.

Not a dent on Poch, but nobody remotely sensible can disagree too much on this.

No.......a better comparison would be:

That films shit
Have you seen it?
No

:dembelewtf:

No it wouldn’t because this isn’t about the quality of the content it’s about the actual content itself.

I wouldn’t want to watch a film glorifying hunting for example. It could be best film ever on that subject but that wouldn’t alter my objections to the principle of that film. It’s an incredibly easy concept to grasp so I’m actually starting to think this is a wind up.

Back
Top Bottom