Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh here we go... they are gonna try to unsettle poch so that we lose our way. Man united scrape 4th and then get poch in at the end of season.

Im gonna be pissed if they do manage to prize poch away. Im already getting texts off of man united fans saying “were gonna get poch. Weve got all the money in the world to give him. He’s wasted at you lot..”

Bloody cheek of it.

On Levy now though.

C0ntinue with the policy of not pushing the boat out and not buy players and it gives Pochettino an out.

My opinion on Pochettino is that he has never As yet shown he can deal with top top players at a club like United but you can't until you get the chance.

Zidane, Simeone and Conte have done just that.

So we get 2/3 signings in January and there is no discussion. Keep the ink dry until them and hmmmm.... certainly makes Alderweireld leaving for United in January a lot less likely

Levy will be rubbing his hands together today , thinking , how much are they gonna offer him . Enic arnt interested in winning trophies . It's all about profit . Some of our fans seem think that way as well

they will throw everything including the kitchen sink to get Poch. Maybe they've decided now is their best chance before we move to the new ground as once we're in and naming rights are sorted he would have assurances on the squad, spend, etc.

Have they had a tip? Who knows... just when I think things are locked down something comes out of the blue.

If he doesn't outright take his name off the table I will worry. They are an attractive club with massive power
Im gonna be pissed. I feel that all this time weve laughed at man united and their situation, this will be karma for us.

Oh here we go... they are gonna try to unsettle poch so that we lose our way. Man united scrape 4th and then get poch in at the end of season.

Im gonna be pissed if they do manage to prize poch away. Im already getting texts off of man united fans saying “were gonna get poch. Weve got all the money in the world to give him. He’s wasted at you lot..”

Bloody cheek of it.

Text back and say, "even if you do get him, your ground is shit, your squad is shit, your owners are shit and your fans are shit".

The thing is here, that we have everything in place at club level, and any eventual chamge of manager wouldnt upset the apple cart. Tried to say it before, but why do people think if Poch left, we would go backwards?
Why is the assumption that Spurs couldnt get better and everyone will leave?

Why is Pochs words constantly ignored because "Utd".

What happens if Poch goes to Utd and sells all the bad eggs, plays some kids, finishes 5th and hasnt won anything after 4 years? What then?
Sack him, and we all start shitting it that our new guy goes there......because we may have won a title on the lagacy Poch started by then, while Utd are still transitioning in the EL.

Time for people to move on. Utd are a third rate outfit..Oh theyve got money? So have West Ham, the team just 2pts behind them.

Dear Daniel,

Stop fretting about the bottom line and really back our best manager in decades you collossal schnorrer.

Just that really.

May the seed of your loins be plentiful in the belly of your woman,

Bill

I heard Klopp was better....why arent Liverpool shitting it
Klopp now gets given a healthy transfer budget , their owners pay big wages and want to win things .

Poch gets given fuck all and our owners are an embarrassment.
He had given us 5 seasons with fuck all . If he does go, I say fair play to him .

WTF is wrong with some of you? How many times Poch have to say same fucking thing?

Calm down, you're pissing me off.
On this I agree but more so because as good as Pochettino has shown himself to be he ain't won a thing.

If they want a manager to turn the current players into winners then it won't be Pochettino in my opinion.

Gotta a feeling Utd are gonna throw everything trying to get poch . Anyone thinking that he is not gonna give this a lot of careful consideration is a fucking idiot .
If I was him I'd go . levy will give him fuck all budget wise. With our budget he won't win the cl or pl. only a domestic cup and cl qualification.

There is is no way this will happen during the season , but in the summer I can see it happening : goes without saying I hope it doesn't happen
I totally get what you're saying, but I think you're underestimating the complete mess that football club is in right now, that is going to take a long long time to get them back to any semblance of a title challenging team, you can argue about budgets etc but let's face it they have been throwing money on the fire for the last 3/4 years and where has that got them? We are tottenham supporters so when shit like this happens we start bricking it, but look at what he has done for us, look where we are going and then..... deep breath..... look where United are, does it still seem such an attractive proposition? Like someone here just said, never had a reason to question poch integrity, always talking of the 'project' he doesn't give me the impression of someone who would give up on something like that. All of this said the sooner they appoint zidane the better!!

True, but I honestly think that club comes with biggest health warning possible.b

I find it funny that people saying Utd spend massive amounts on players etc, and we are a joke and Poch will leave.
Yet Utd, who spent massive amounts, just sacked their manager and they are 15pts behind us.

Hold on, spend big = success though right? No.....clearly not. So why would Poch leave?
People saying "on Levy now".......what, suddenly Utd cant outspend us anymore? Hows it on Levy, if Utd have triple our spending power and "money talks".
Then its on Poch.

Look, Im out of this, people can stress all they want. Im a Spurs fan, and Jose being sacked has nothing to do with us.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom