Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Odd quotes considering he's mentioned how he wants to emulate Fergie and Wenger before..
He's also said multiple times that he knows that football moves fast and that the club or supporters could get rid of him tomorrow if they wanted to.

He definitely thinks long term but doesn't take it for granted

His most recent achievements are worthy of acknowledgement, on top of the fact they were done when the club didn't deliver on their end and most wrote us off.

To maintain progress in all competitions up to this point with no signings and no stadium is insanely difficult.

It feels like I am repeating myself from last season, and it is a broken record, but it is actually harder to do consistently over time and continually shows a class above all managers before him.

I wouldn’t say I was up on the who’s who in the world of managers other than who’s in jobs in Britain, Europe I would struggle other than the older guys that rock up Ancelotti, Van Gael(has he retired) ect but if by current candidates there is only one that I could see be on a par with Pochettino and that’s Simone! And if we had to find a replacement it would be him.....whether we could ever land him well that’s a different story.

From James Yorke
DujvcciW4AAUaM8.png

XhJaf.gif

Is this to do with our lack of stadium?

I see two Wembley games in there, so I assume they've been shoved in due to the amount of away games we've played etc.

Just the mere thought of Pochettino leaving makes me sick to my stomach. It especially makes me sick to think United fans all want him the deluded pricks!!! I can’t even bare to imagine him going there and managing those bunch of mugs. Maybe one day Pochettino will manage a Real Madrid, but for now let’s just hope we have this guy for as long as possible. He is a legend already at our club.

MP's future is in his hands.

Like the overwhelming majority here, I Would be devastated should he leave soon. However, I will always be grateful for the years of absolute joy he has provided me. His demeanour, his passion, his drive and the faith he has given to the young up and comers.

He has a rare quality the is very engaging. Rarely seems flustered, does not bitch and moan about transfer windows, level headed and has a team playing a beautiful style of footy.

Love the bloke.

I do not think Poch looks at the Media or forums but his advisors/fellow coaches do which was evidenced that he did not know that he needed 1 win for 100 wins but they did.
I really hope they let him know in no uncertain terms that the fans expect a strong team Wednesday to beat the Woolwich. Win Wednesday will more that outweigh winning on the following Sunday.

Listening to 606 yesterday and Saturday, it seems as if some Man Utd fans think it is a ‘given’ that Poch will be their new manager for the next season because a) they are a ‘bigger’ club and b) they have pots of money to spend. Personally I think Poch is a loyal and committed man and with players like Dele committing to their future to Spurs because of him, I would be very surprised if he was to walk away from the club.

Back
Top Bottom