Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Monetary value is always a key indicator of talent - yes it it’s because it doesn’t matter matter which list you look at whether it is the CIES or the other the most valued squads are also the most talented and successful ones. The talent drives the value - which is why our squad is on that list. It’s stunning that someone can’t actually see this or is trying to suggest that this isn’t the case with our squad.

Again you’re weirdly obsessing over single signings and single transfer windows and ignoring the point - this is about the actual squad. Dele Ali ceased to be £5 million within a matter of games. Their initial value and talent isn’t fixed which is why he is one of our best players and in turn one of our most valuable monetary assets. United just spent £50 million on Fred - this has done nothing to enhance the quality or value of their squad because he doesn’t play and he wouldn’t attract anything near that value should they choose to sell.

But you keep on pretending that this wasn’t the argument all along - my position is quite clear we have one of the best squads in the league and one of the most valued in Europe. And I’m not alone in believing this because a number of independent publications believe the same. For some warped reason you clearly don’t and it’s clearly being driven by a desire to elevate a manager who hasn’t actually gotten the best out of that talent. Very odd behaviour.
The ONLY thing I was commenting on, if you read my posts properly, was your statement that

"The MONETARY VALUE is ALWAYS a key indicator of the talent available"

You follow this absurd notion with

"United just spent £50m on Fred- this has done NOTHING to enhance the quality or value of their squad"

Thereby totally contradicting yourself, as usual you tie yourself up in knots.

Hows that living under a bridge going for you, well I hope.

The ONLY thing I was commenting on, if you read my posts properly, was your statement that

"United just spent £50m on Fred- this has done NOTHING to enhance the quality or value of their squad"

His dumb logic is that as soon as Spurs finish above a team the value of their signings decreases heavily.
It can't possibly be that Poch is overachieving with less resources.

Didn
His dumb logic is that as soon as Spurs finish above a team the value of their signings decreases heavily.
It can't possibly be that Poch is overachieving with less resources.
Didn't you know that Poch is shite and we should get rid of him ASAP and replace him with.... erm..........hang on, I know this...........erm.................Nope, I give up, who is it again ?

Oh dear you’ve had to resort to altering my statements to try save yourself from total embarrassment. Here is actually what I said:

The monetary value of the squad is always a key indicator of the talent available and when independent third parties have us only second to City that tells you everything.

Again, this is about squad values - it isn’t and never has been about individual players or transfer windows ( just how many times does this need to be said?) . The point is so simple a child could understand it and yet you’ve got yourself into the position where you are actually arguing against the assertion that our squad is one of the most talented and in turn most valued in the league. That’s my position here - we have an elite squad but not an elite manager. You’ve got yourself in a terrible muddle here - you may want to stop before I humiliate you any further.

Oh dear you’ve had to resort to altering my statements to try save yourself from total embarrassment. Here is actually what I said:

Again, this is about squad values - it isn’t and never has been about individual players or transfer windows ( just how many times does this need to be said?) . The point is so simple a child could understand it and yet you’ve got yourself into the position where you are actually arguing against the assertion that our squad is one of the most talented and in turn most valued in the league. That’s my position here - we have an elite squad but not an elite manager. You’ve got yourself in an terrible muddle here - you may want to stop before I humiliate you any further.
No mate, Not having that.
You stupid fucking prick
For the last time I'm NOT fucking arguing that our squad is not one of the most talented,. What I am arguing against is your statement which you have said again here, and I quote word for fucking word

"The monetary value of the squad is always a key indicator of the talent available"

and then contradicted with your comments re Fred, and then you have the fucking gall to accuse me of altering your statements.

You've just repeated EXACTLY what I pulled you up on.

You absolute fucking cunt.
Fuck right off and go back under your bridge.

No mate, Not having that.
You stupid fucking prick
For the last time I'm NOT fucking arguing that our squad is not one of the most talented,. What I am arguing against is your statement which you have said again here, and I quote word for fucking word

"The monetary value of the squad is always a key indicator of the talent available"

and then contradicted with your comments re Fred, and then you have the fucking gall to accuse me of altering your statements.

You've just repeated EXACTLY what I pulled you up on.

You absolute fucking cunt.
Fuck right off and go back under your bridge.

It doesn’t matter what you are having or not.

The point is breathtakingly simple - Fred has been a failure , he hasn’t enhanced the squad in terms of ability and in turn has lost the monetary value he had prior to the move. The same applies to Sissoko with us - he hasn’t performed and hasn’t held his value , again this isn’t fixed but that doesn’t alter the overall standing of our squad . Again our squad value is driven by our established stars as is most of the clubs on that list - individual failures will have little bearing on that. It’s about the total sum and not isolated parts. Seriously sit this one out - you’re not doing yourself any favours here.

The point is breathtakingly simple - Fred has been a failure , he hasn’t enhanced the squad in terms of ability and in turn has lost the monetary value he had prior to the move. The same applies to Sissoko with us - he hasn’t performed and hasn’t held his value , again this isn’t fixed but that doesn’t alter the overall standing of our squad . Again our squad value is driven by our established stars as is most of the clubs on that list - individual failures will have little bearing on that. It’s about the total sum and not isolated parts. Seriously sit this one out - you’re not doing yourself any favours here.

The only thing 'breathtakingly simple' is you, you fucking gooner maggot. You're not a spurs, you've never been a spurs fan, and you never EVER will be a spurs fan. So stick that up your fat ass.

The point is breathtakingly simple - Fred has been a failure , he hasn’t enhanced the squad in terms of ability and in turn has lost the monetary value he had prior to the move. The same applies to Sissoko with us - he hasn’t performed and hasn’t held his value , again this isn’t fixed but that doesn’t alter the overall standing of our squad . Again our squad value is driven by our established stars as is most of the clubs on that list. It’s about the total sum and not isolated parts. Seriously sit this one out - you’re not doing yourself any favours here.
How fucking thick can one bloke be.
The point IS breathtakingly simple and you are either unable or unwilling to grasp it.
Read this very carefully 'cos this is my last post on this point.
This is complete bollocks

You then said
"United spent 50m on Fred - this has done nothing to enhance the quality or value of their squad"
Those 2 statements are totally incompatible with each other.
But instead of owning up to the utter shit that you posted, you accuse me of altering your posts.

Now I will let you have the last word.
Cunt

Apologies to all on here.
As most of you know I will debate/discuss/argue a point with anyone without resorting to insults or abusive language and being respectful, but when someone accuses me of being dishonest or underhand by altering their posts then that goes to far.

I have voted for a red card for this cunt, not because of his views, but because of his blatantly false accusations.

How fucking thick can one bloke be.
The point IS breathtakingly simple and you are either unable or unwilling to grasp it.
Read this very carefully 'cos this is my last post on this point.
This is complete bollocks

You then said
"United spent 50m on Fred - this has done nothing to enhance the quality or value of their squad"
Those 2 statements are totally incompatible with each other.
But instead of owning up to the utter shit that you posted, you accuse me of altering your posts.

Now I will let you have the last word.
Cunt

If you don’t understand now you never will. Please just look at the lists mentioned, ask yourself what and who is driving those values. If you think Fred is still valued at £50 million and that transfer window activity is the driver behind squad values then there really isn’t much point discussing this further. I don’t need to accuse you of altering my posts it is there for everyone to see.

If you don’t understand now you never will. Please just look at the lists mentioned, ask yourself what and who is driving those values. If you think Fred is still valued at £50 million and that transfer window activity is the driver behind squad values then there really isn’t much point discussing this further. I don’t need to accuse you of altering my posts it is there for everyone to see.
Fuck off, you lying sack of shit.

Fuck off, you lying sack of shit.

Spot the difference:

"The MONETARY VALUE is ALWAYS a key indicator of the talent available".

Which wasn’t actually my statement because what I actually said was:

The monetary value of the squad is always a key indicator of the talent available and when independent third parties have us only second to City that tells you everything.

You see when you remove the word squad and all reference to that it becomes an entirely different argument which is what you tried to do. But hey I’m the dishonest one here.

Spot the difference:

Which wasn’t actually my statement because what I actually said was:

You see when you remove the word squad and all reference to that it becomes an entirely different argument which is what you tried to do. But hey I’m the dishonest one here.
Fuck off you lying sack of shit.

My post #17765 on this thread

Nice try mate
Your words
"The monetary value of the squad is ALWAYS a key indicator of the talent available"

And
"Their squad being enhanced in terms of QUALITY and VALUE"

Both statements are completely and utterly wrong, no matter which squad they are applied to.
I'll repeat my point that it is the quality of player signed NOT their value that matters.
Surely your not saying that we only improved the value and quality of our squad by £5m when we signed Dele or we didn't improve the quality or value of our squad at all when Harry moved to the first team.

But hey, you keep moving the goal posts, it's what you always do anyway, when you can't answer a specific point that someone pulls you up on.

3rd Line
Notice there has been no edit.

Ossie Wembley is a lying sack of shit.

Back
Top Bottom