Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Also my post #17795

How fucking thick can one bloke be.
The point IS breathtakingly simple and you are either unable or unwilling to grasp it.
Read this very carefully 'cos this is my last post on this point.
"The monetary value of the squad is always a key indicator of the talent available"
This is complete bollocks

You then said
"United spent 50m on Fred - this has done nothing to enhance the quality or value of their squad"
Those 2 statements are totally incompatible with each other.
But instead of owning up to the utter shit that you posted, you accuse me of altering your posts.

Now I will let you have the last word.
Cunt

Read the 4th line, again no edit.
Ossie Wembley is a lying sack of shit.

Sorry Mick Cooper Mick Cooper , I used it again

This may be one of the worst debates in forum history.

International break cannot end soon enough.
He’s 28.
No, he’s 29.
He’s 28 until he’s 29.
Etc

If I buy a car for £10k, I’ve spent £10k.
Not if you sell another car for £10k.
Yes I have.
No you haven’t.
Etc

stevee stevee , The Hood is a seasoned cunt off merchant, much like I am. My advice, if you want it, would be to back away from this shite. He's in his element and you're getting wound up. Unless you want to indulge in some metatrolling - I'm not sure if The Hood is cut out for that. It would be interesting to see.

stevee stevee , The Hood is a seasoned cunt off merchant, much like I am. My advice, if you want it, would be to back away from this shite. He's in his element and you're getting wound up. Unless you want to indulge in some metatrolling - I'm not sure if The Hood is cut out for that. It would be interesting to see.

I’m not even sure what they’re arguing about. I’m sure it’s really interesting though.

Thanks Vinnie
Your right, I did get wound up, which I suppose is the reaction he wanted. When someone calls my personal integrity into doubt it does annoy me for about half an hour.
Any way I'm cool now though and will let him have the last word.
:adethumbup:

He's still a lying sack of shit though

I think (correct me if I'm wrong Hood) but the point Ossie Wembley is making is that regardless of how our squad attained it's current valuation, it has been independently valued to be extremely competitive with teams that we are competing with at the top end of the PL.

How much we have spent on fees and wages in comparison to those other teams to assemble our/their squads, becomes somewhat irrelevant once those valuations are adjusted to reflect the current status of them.

So we have to applaud scouting systems, previous regimes, Levy and Poch for between them putting together (scouts, Poch and Levy) and then coaching (Poch) for improving that squad's collective value. In answer to Ossie Wembley 's earlier question, to a degree, he did also do this at Southampton, where several players improved and increased in value (Lallana, Schienderlin, Shaw, Clyne)

I personally think Poch's general coached ethos does improve teams and players, especially over medium/long duration, because teams benefit from a) having a clear over-arching coached ethos and b) good basic working practices that veer toward the collective and c) are more pro-active than re-active.

On the flip side I do think Poch does some naive things, tactically, and on some very big occasions at times.

I personally don't really give a fuck about them costing us "cups". I care a little more when they cost us league position. But that's just my prerogative.

When people say "what has Poch won", I'd say he's won a fuck of a lot of football matches, and a good chunk of them in the right way, being pro-active etc.

I do think the good vastly outweighs the bad, but I don't see why any aspect of the club should be beyond criticism and discussion, why people like Ossie Wembley and John Thomas John Thomas should get dogs abuse for expressing, without starting the insults, their opinions.

So using those CIES people, in May of this year they had us as the 3rd highest valued squad in Europe. Behind only City and Barça.

So according to Ossie Wembley , using his squad valuation metric, at that point we were better than United (who had just finished above us) Real Madrid, PSG, Juventus and Bayern Munich! I can see why he’s angry we haven’t won anything!

I think maybe you need a different way of valuing a squad if you want that argument to stand up.

I think (correct me if I'm wrong Hood) but the point Ossie Wembley is making is that regardless of how our squad attained it's current valuation, it has been independently valued to be extremely competitive with teams that we are competing with at the top end of the PL.

How much we have spent on fees and wages in comparison to those other teams to assemble our/their squads, becomes somewhat irrelevant once those valuations are adjusted to reflect the current status of them.

So we have to applaud scouting systems, previous regimes, Levy and Poch for between them putting together (scouts, Poch and Levy) and then coaching (Poch) for improving that squad's collective value. In answer to Ossie Wembley 's earlier question, to a degree, he did also do this at Southampton, where several players improved and increased in value (Lallana, Schienderlin, Shaw, Clyne)

I personally think Poch's general coached ethos does improve teams and players, especially over medium/long duration, because teams benefit from a) having a clear over-arching coached ethos and b) good basic working practices that veer toward the collective and c) are more pro-active than re-active.

On the flip side I do think Poch does some naive things, tactically, and on some very big occasions at times.

I personally don't really give a fuck about them costing us "cups". I care a little more when they cost us league position. But that's just my prerogative.

When people say "what has Poch won", I'd say he's won a fuck of a lot of football matches, and a good chunk of them in the right way, being pro-active etc.

I do think the good vastly outweighs the bad, but I don't see why any aspect of the club should be beyond criticism and discussion, why people like Ossie Wembley and John Thomas John Thomas should get dogs abuse for expressing, without starting the insults, their opinions.
Because its not the criticism that's an issue, it's the way the message is conveyed.
If I tell you to your face that I disagree with you and tell you why I think you're wrong, it differs dramatically from saying the same thing day in, day out like a permanently dripping tap - or by telling you the same message once, by delivering it tied to an arrow that embeds itself into your eye socket.

You take no heed of the abuse you get for your constant carping about the team, its manager and anything and everything that ails you about the club - and you do it in 15 page monologues - so it's going to surprise no-one that you empathise with their MO for boring their tired messages across.

Yippee, a post about Poch on the Poch thread.

Monetary value is always a key indicator of talent - yes it it’s because it doesn’t matter matter which list you look at whether it is the CIES or the other the most valued squads are also the most talented and successful ones. The talent drives the value - which is why our squad is on that list. It’s stunning that someone can’t actually see this or is trying to suggest that this isn’t the case with our squad.

Again you’re weirdly obsessing over single signings and single transfer windows and ignoring the point - this is about the actual squad. Dele Ali ceased to be £5 million within a matter of games. Their initial value and talent isn’t fixed which is why he is one of our best players and in turn one of our most valuable monetary assets. United just spent £50 million on Fred - this has done nothing to enhance the quality or value of their squad because he doesn’t play and he wouldn’t attract anything near that value should they choose to sell.

But you keep on pretending that this wasn’t the argument all along - my position is quite clear we have one of the best squads in the league and one of the most valued in Europe. And I’m not alone in believing this because a number of independent publications believe the same. For some warped reason you clearly don’t and it’s clearly being driven by a desire to elevate a manager who hasn’t actually gotten the best out of that talent. Very odd behaviour.
We dont have a squad as good as Mancity, Chelsea, Liverpool and certainly not one as good as Barcelona , Real, Juventus and many others. Just because some CIES thing says our squad is the best best in the whole world , we dont have to believe it even if its fits an agenda. Because these lists are heavily based on how many years left in a players playing career which has not that much to do with available talent for a given year.

Where were Kane, Dele etc before Poch anyway? Nowhere near where they are. Maybe Poch has played a part in their development and just maybe he actually is bringing the best out of them ?

Yippee, a post about Poch on the Poch thread.
There have been posts about him in an oblique way - because they revolve around the input of the two perennial moaners deciding that he is a poor manager because other teams with a lot more money keep winning all the trophies.
Imagine what some posters would have been like in the 90's - I honestly believe that some of them would self combust in frothing indignation had they had to put up with what we endured.

The 5-3 loss at home to Manure would have melted the TFC server.

I’m not even sure what they’re arguing about. I’m sure it’s really interesting though.
Don't you bloody start !
I'

What you say is all , or mostly true, but the only point I picked him up on was his assertion that if a club signs a player then the squad is ALWAYS (note the word always) enhanced in value and ability commensurate with the fee paid.
After a lot of shite (from both sides) he then destroyed his own argument by saying that this does not apply if a club signs a shit player, which was my point all along

With regard to getting ......dogs abuse for expressing, without insults, their opinions.
Calling into question someones personal integrity and accusing someone of altering another persons posts is an insult.

I don't see why any aspect of the club should be beyond criticism and discussion, why people like Ossie Wembley and John Thomas John Thomas should get dogs abuse for expressing, without starting the insults, their opinions.

"I'm entitled to my opinion"
"I have a right to my opinion"
"Let's agree to disagree."

"Whether one has a particular entitlement or right is irrelevant to whether one's assertion is true or false. To assert the existence of the right is a failure to assert any justification for the opinion.

Such an assertion, however, can also be an assertion of one's own freedom or of a refusal to participate in the system of logic at hand. This expression is problematic because it is often used to defend factually indefensible positions or to "[imply] an equal right to be heard on a matter in which only one of the two parties has the relevant expertise or evidence to support their claim"

There are several posters on this board who resort to this and other "thought terminating cliches" in order to defend their positions and escape any actual hard evidence thrown at them.

As he makes another post grumbling at a stranger on the internet

But i'm not the one moaning about how badly the club is run every chance i get? I'm saying get off your arse and do something about it if you are so "passionate" about it.

Or at the very least respond to the figures BangkokSpud BangkokSpud threw back at you?

But that's not your main motivation is it?

You've admitted to it before - that you come on here and pick fights as some weird form of catharsis when we've lost. Ultimately it's selfish behaviour, taking it out on fellow fans. Fuck knows what set you off this time. We haven't lost in weeks.

Don't you bloody start !
I'

What you say is all , or mostly true, but the only point I picked him up on was his assertion that if a club signs a player then the squad is ALWAYS (note the word always) enhanced in value and ability commensurate with the fee paid.
After a lot of shite (from both sides) he then destroyed his own argument by saying that this does not apply if a club signs a shit player, which was my point all along

With regard to getting ......dogs abuse for expressing, without insults, their opinions.
Calling into question someones personal integrity and accusing someone of altering another persons posts is an insult.
Keep up the good work stevee boy.:freundgoal:
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom