Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't throw ACTUAL figures / evidence at him. It will just get ignored if it doesn't fit his biased narrative.

Oh that we should all show as much PASHUN as JT.

He's so passionate about how let down he feels by the owners of his beloved club that he'll scream and scream on here until he is sick. Brave, noble JT doing all he can to fight the good fight against the evil bureaucracy of ENIC (as long as it doesn't involve stepping away from his screen).

Hopefully Joe and Daniel will read his passionate posts on here and see the error of their ways.

None of us like to see Spurs lose mate - but most of us are emotionally mature enough to not take it out on fellow supporters when we do.
There is nothing fucking wrong with being passionate about the club!:dembelefingers:

some fucking narcissistic drama queens on this site.

Its the fucking SJW "freedom of speech" mentality.

"This is a forum and i'm entitled to my opinion!"

I'm all for healthy debate. But we've heard your point, fucking numerous times, and we understand that it doesn't really align itself with the majority on here or the opinions of the owners of the site, so we reserve the freedom to tell you to pop off and spout it somewhere where people will actually give a shit about it.

Twitter is a good start, or comments under YouTube videos..... chat boxes on streams..... all are about the required level.

They didn’t spent £100 million on shite - they spent nearly half of that on Felipe Anderson who has been excellent so far. All squads will have their values driven by the players they have and theirs has been enhanced in terms of quality and value by the summer. As I have said time and time again the quality of a player will determine the value of a player and we have one of the best squads in the league which is reflected it being valued as one of the most valued in Europe. It’s not really that hard to understand and I really do not understand this desire to talk down the quality of the players that we have simply to elevate our manager. The issue here is not with the talent available to us player wise - the issue is with the talent level of our manager which is far less than players he has under him.
They spent (reported) £36m which is way less than half of £100m+ on Anderson.
But let's not get hung up on that.
So, IF I accept your point re Anderson (which I don't) what about the other £63m+++ they spent on shite.
When you said "The monetary value of the squad is always a key indicator of the talent available"

Spam finished in 13th last season and after spending over £100m guess where they are now ?
Top six.....nope
Top ten.....nope
13th ....yep
After their squad "being enhanced in terms of quality and value by the summer"

Welcome to the forum John. First post, I see.
I'm John too. John Thomas. A highly respected, moderating voice on the board. Hope to you get involved more often mate.

Edit: You'll notice a little x at the bottom of all my posts. That's just our resident circus freak cretinousgoat cretinousgoat who likes to follow me around kissing my arse :thumbup:

Last edited:
Don't throw ACTUAL figures / evidence at him. It will just get ignored if it doesn't fit his biased narrative.

Oh that we should all show as much PASHUN as JT.

He's so passionate about how let down he feels by the owners of his beloved club that he'll scream and scream on here until he is sick. Brave, noble JT doing all he can to fight the good fight against the evil bureaucracy of ENIC (as long as it doesn't involve stepping away from his screen).

Hopefully Joe and Daniel will read his passionate posts on here and see the error of their ways.

None of us like to see Spurs lose mate - but most of us are emotionally mature enough to not take it out on fellow supporters when we do.
No. I just find Spurs results mean more to me than a village cricket match on a Sunday afternoon.
The poster I was replying too suggested people like me are perhaps supporting the wrong club because we want success.
Well, we don't choose our club. It's in our blood. Our club chooses us. And some fans show their passion differently to others

They spent (reported) £36m which is way less than half of £100m+ on Anderson.
But let's not get hung up on that.
So, IF I accept your point re Anderson (which I don't) what about the other £63m+++ they spent on shite.
When you said "The monetary value of the squad is always a key indicator of the talent available"

Spam finished in 13th last season and after spending over £100m guess where they are now ?
Top six.....nope
Top ten.....nope
13th ....yep
After their squad "being enhanced in terms of quality and value by the summer"

So it’s wrong to use the total agreed figure of £42 million because it’s subject to clauses being met but you are perfectly happy to use the £100 million spend figure despite it using the aforementioned sum? Right oh but hey let’s not get hung up on that right?

As for spending the rest of shite, prior to signing Anderson they broke their transfer record for Diop who was excellent against us and has been one their best players this season. Those two account for over half of that figue and they have already seen a return on that investment in terms of performers so far.

And besides why are you focusing just on their summer activity? The point at hand is about the quality of a clubs squad and the value that will illicit. We have one of the best squads in the league which is why it is valued as one of the highest in Europe. I take it you don’t believe this then? That the likes of Kane, Ali, Eriksen, Son to name a few are not actually worth the fees that they would attract?

West Ham don’t have a valued squad - it’s why they had to spend the sums they did last summer and it’s fairly obvious to most that this has enhanced them both in terms of talent and value.

I suppose you could compare a whole league campaign to 12 games into a new one. A fairer comparison - which is what everyone does on this forum with us - is to compare where they were this time last season to where they are at this stage. To give you a heads up they were 18 th which in turns places then in the relegation zone - now they are 13th so they you go. But hey good try - keep it up.

Last edited:
What the fuck is the fascination with this thread? Why do cunts post shit in here, it's not as if they are even discussing Pochettino? You could put this shit any fucking where....why here? On the last page alone, there's transfer stuff...with no mention of Pochettino, fucking West Ham stuff...with no mention of Pochettino...and all the other shit...with no fucking mention of Pochettino...Can you not put this stuff in the threads where it belongs and not just dump it all in here?

Last edited:
What the fuck is the fascination with this thread? Why do cunts post shit in here, it's not as if they are even discussing Pochettino? You could put this shit any fucking where....why here? On the last page alone, there's transfer stuff...with no mention of Pochettino, fucking West Ham stuff...with no mention of Pochettino...and all the other shit...with no fucking mention of Pochettino...Can you not put this stuff in the threads with it belongs and not just dump it all in here?

:pochbye::pochbye::pochbye:

Back
Top Bottom