Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So basically
We need to get shot of all the players Sammy has rubbished, and now we need to get rid of the best manager we've had in 30 years as well?
On top of that the stadium needs to be replaced with something smaller.

Might as well shut the club down and relocate to Milton Keynes and become MK Dynamo

What has Winks done in the past 2 years to suggest he should be in the first XI?

I think we are all way too sentimental. I know he was good against Real Madrid but he's suffered from a lot of injuries and he's started like 15 games for us in total, let's let him prove himself. Certainly didn't do well against Wijnaldum and Milner.

I have some reservations about Winks, and always have done, but lets be honest, what has Dembele done in the last 12-18 months? Like Winks (Real Madrid, Liverpool 4-1, etc) he's put in a couple of great performances and a bucket load of meh. And Dier ? Don't get me started.

Yes, Winks needs to prove himself, but with what/who we have available right now, he needs to be given games, and played the right way, and be given that chance to prove himself with a run of games (fitness permitting) because god knows, Dier and Dembele have had their "chance" and are now proving to not be up to the job.

I have a suspicion that long term, Winks might no be quite good enough for where we want to go, but I know Dier and Dembele aren't any more. I think we also need to start giving game time here and there to people like Amos and Skipp, and see if they can do a job, again even if just in the short/medium term.

Heres what I said in another thread earlier...

Dont worry I´ll be in the bin soon.

Reason: Deluded cunt who thinks our squad is just fine and doesnt need improving.
And thinks our players are shit and he hates them and wants them all sold and replaced with better.

How hilarious its predictably come to the fore.....

Sammy said replace all the players.....Sammy said we dont need signings...Sammy said replace all the players.....Sammy said we dont need signings.....Sammy said replace all the players.....Sammy said we dont need signings....

It was a strange change though. He seemed to drop Dier onto the back 3, but change nothing else, so we seemed to just end going from a 442 diamond to a 532/3232 diamond without a right side. It was peculiar and definitely didn’t help anything.

You're not wrong.

tumblr_inline_mf8hk5nzXo1qao2ge.gif

Back
Top Bottom