Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Back on topic - Son should have definitely started ahead of Sissok yesterday as well as Rose, imv. I also feel Poch gave them a little too much respect in the build up.

You’re quoting yourself Arc. I imagine that happens with only a dog for company.
Quoted the post you disagreed with. Stop projecting - is becoming rather pitiful. Btw - are you still boycotting Wembley because well dressed young men intimidate you?

Quoted the post you disagreed with. Stop projecting - is becoming rather pitiful. Btw - are you still boycotting Wembley because well dressed young men intimidate you?

What? If we’re just going to lie what’s the point? I’m well dressed when I go to football, and nobody intimidates me at Wembley. I remember the time you posted a (from the neck down admittedly) picture of yourself in a pair of salmon pink jorts hoping for a positive reaction lol. That was the first I can remember of your many burials on here. Last match at Wembley was Real Madrid btw. And yours?

What? If we’re just going to lie what’s the point? I’m well dressed when I go to football, and nobody intimidates me at Wembley. I remember the time you posted a (from the neck down admittedly) picture of yourself in a pair of salmon pink jorts hoping for a positive reaction lol. That was the first I can remember of your many burials on here. Last match at Wembley was Real Madrid btw. And yours?
Never posted a pic of myself unlike your mop-haired drivers license that Gibss out of all people ended you for. For shame

I ask again - did you agree with the team selection yesterday?

Never posted a pic of myself unlike your mop-haired drivers license that Gibss out of all people ended you for. For shame

I ask again - did you agree with the team selection yesterday?
Ha ha, Gibbs never ended me as you know well - look at him now? He kept saying I was bald. Now come on, you posted a picture of your legs sporting a pink pair of jorts. You were boasting that you’d just acquired them and Anthony Beale Anthony Beale slaughtered you, it was very funny.

As to your team selection question - I always agree with Poch’s team selections. He’s in a position to know a lot more about it than me, although Danny Rose’s omission from the squad was intriguing I’ll admit. Do you think he’s gone?

Ha ha, Gibbs never ended me as you know well - look at him now? He kept saying I was bald. Now come on, you posted a picture of your legs sporting a pink pair of jorts. You were boasting that you’d just acquired them and Anthony Beale Anthony Beale slaughtered you, it was very funny.

As to your team selection question - I always agree with Poch’s team selections. He’s in a position to know a lot more about it than me, although Danny Rose’s omission from the squad was intriguing I’ll admit. Do you think he’s gone?
Rose is finished. That was a pic of shorts from the net - not my legs. I can post one for you if you like, did a mile 8km this morning.

this very thread I have stated that Poch is the best manager I have seen during my time following the club)
But obviously not good enough for you as in the next breath you want him replaced with Simeone or Ancelotti ( who has been sacked by Chelsea, Real and Bayern, so i wonder how long you would give him before wanting him shown the door ).
Bloody confusing stance, i rate our manager but i wish we would replace him with someone i rate more, i don't see much debate just someone coming out of the woodwork after a defeat.

You mean the graphs that show how proud we're meant to be
of our unparalleled successful business model?
Pull out all the graphs you like mate, 4 wins in the last 86 away games v the sky 4 is a shocking statistic that suggests on the football field our business model and all these fucking graphs aint really nothing to crow about
Why on earth would anyone want to bring up 17yrs worth of stats? What is the point, what context is it presented? What relevance has it to this side? Why don't you go back further? Why don't you use the stats when we were playing on Tottenham marshes, might as well as the relevance of them is the same, utterly nonsensical. Also, why don't you do City's record over the same period? When they were in 2nd and 3rd tier of English football, then struggling to break into top 10 for 7 consecutive years!!

Points against other top six rivals since start of 2015-16 (when Spurs started competing): And not a graph in sight!
Liverpool 37
Chelsea 34
Tottenham 30
Man Utd 30
Man City 27
Woolwich 24

Tells a different story don't it? Far more relevant isn't it?

Get back to your self harming........
giphy.gif

But obviously not good enough for you as in the next breath you want him replaced with Simeone or Ancelotti ( who has been sacked by Chelsea, Real and Bayern, so i wonder how long you would give him before wanting him shown the door ).
Bloody confusing stance, i rate our manager but i wish we would replace him with someone i rate more, i don't see much debate just someone coming out of the woodwork after a defeat.

No what I said is that if the opportunity arose to upgrade on him then I would take it. Clubs do that routinely and that should be the case with any of the personnel at the club. Both Ancelloti and Simeone are better managers than him, it would be foolish to argue otherwise. I state this because it applies equally the other way around, I have little doubt that were Poch to be offered the PSG or Madrid job then he would want to leave. That applies to our players as well. There is nothing remotely confusing about this, if can you understand why the club upgraded on Wimmer ( good player) with Sanchez ( who is better) then you can understand my point entirely. But yes I only say this after a defeat, I’m not a ‘real’ supporter blah blah and the other usual tripe that is wheeled out.

Last edited:
Why on earth would anyone want to bring up 17yrs worth of stats? What is the point, what context is it presented? What relevance has it to this side? Why don't you go back further? Why don't you use the stats when we were playing on Tottenham marshes, might as well as the relevance of them is the same, utterly nonsensical. Also, why don't you do City's record over the same period? When they were in 2nd and 3rd tier of English football, then struggling to break into top 10 for 7 consecutive years!!

Points against other top six rivals since start of 2015-16 (when Spurs started competing): And not a graph in sight!
Liverpool 37
Chelsea 34
Tottenham 30
Man Utd 30
Man City 27
Woolwich 24

Tells a different story don't it? Far more relevant isn't it?

Get back to your self harming........
giphy.gif
It’s not just the top six we’ve struggled against since 2000. We’ve only beaten Bradford City once since then. Shocking form. And as relevant as how we did at Old Trafford 15 years ago.

#PochOut

Yes the usual mindless drivel, the ad hominem postings and endless complaints about other posters as I mentioned before. And to counter this accusation you go and post the following. Classic.

It’s indicative of a general behaviour with you and I am growing increasingly bored of it. If you must insist on following me around can you please actually read my posts ( in this very thread I have stated that Poch is the best manager I have seen during my time following the club) and try to actually engage in a discussion and if you cannot defend your viewpoint with any vigour then refrain from this juvenile appproach.

I don’t really have a particular viewpoint. I accept that the club (and its vision for the future) has changed. I understand you don’t like it, but wailing about it on here isn’t going to change anything. If you don’t like it do something about it, or sever your connection with the club. If we’d have moved to Stratford that would have been it for me. If you feel so strongly about the direction that we’re heading, do the same. I’m not interested in your opinions btw. I’m happy with the way we’re going and you’re not, fair enough, but a defeat against woolwich isn’t going to change that. I think that if you’re relying on Tottenham to make you happy you’re in for a rough ride. I worked that out when I was 13.

Back
Top Bottom