Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My opinion is that he is the best manager we've had in my memory (I'm 35, so we'll say since 1990).

Would you trade him for any other manager we could feasibly have? Or is it the fans waxing lyrical that you object to?

So would I (92 in my instance) but the most glaring thing is that he is our best manager in the PL era and yet hasn’t won anything. That is my main concern here.

If the option was available I would readily trade
him in for the likes of Ancellotti or Simeone. As a I stated before he is a very good manager but contrary to what some will claim he isn’t one of the best and certainly isn’t above criticism and critique.

So would I (92 in my instance) but the most glaring thing is that he is out best manager in the PL era and yet hasn’t won anything. That is my main concern here.

him in if the likes of Ancellotti or Simeone. As a I stated before he is a very good manager but contrary to what some will claim he isn’t one of the best and certainly isn’t above criticism and critique.
What? I'm surprised, you didn't choose Sherwood? :sherwoodwtf: Have a word with yourself, mate.

him in for the likes of Ancellotti or Simeone. As a I stated before he is a very good manager but contrary to what some will claim he isn’t one of the best and certainly isn’t above criticism and critique.

The question was, would you trade him in for any manager we could feasibly have? I don't think those two qualify as feasible for a club in our financial situation.

Nobody is above criticism, that is for sure. But it should be CONSTRUCTIVE criticism...I don't feel remotely qualified to offer it myself.

When a manager is doing terribly, perhaps I might have an opinion on what he should change. Poch though is doing great. Is there room between "great" and "perfect"? Of course, and perhaps Ancelotti (ignoring whether he would come or not) could do better. But how is a relatively young manager like Poch supposed to get to that level in the super competitive 2017 if not given time at a top club like us?

I genuinely think Poch will one day be spoken of in the same terms as Ancelotti and Simeone. I hope it will be at Spurs, and I think it will be if we are patient. He's not the finished article but I like the direction he's moving in, and I'm enjoying the journey.

The question was, would you trade him in for any manager we could feasibly have? I don't think those two qualify as feasible for a club in our financial situation.

I understood the question and we could feasibly acquire both. Ancelloti stated previously he wanted the Tottenham job and Simone is well within our reach. If we able to prise Ramos in 2007 then there is no question we could get Simeone in 2017. Liverpool acquired Klopp despite their league placing and their financial postion so let’s not underplay ours. And let’s not pretend we are financial paupers as well, we made Ramos one of the highest paid managers in the game.

I understood the question and we could feasibly acquire both. Ancelloti stated previously he wanted the Tottenham job and Simone is well within our reach. If we able to prise Ramos in 2007 then there is no question we could get Simeone in 2017. Liverpool acquired Klopp despite their league placing and their financial postion so let’s not underplay ours. And let’s not pretend we are financial paupers as well, we made Ramos one of the highest paid managers in the game.
I wouldn’t swap Poch for any other manager right now. Even if you could get one of these dream managers of yours, they would most likely take years to get up and running with their systems. Poch is building something here and personally, I find it very exciting. Be careful what you wish for, I think like any one of us, you would be devastated if he suddenly left us.

I wouldn’t swap Poch for any other manager right now. Even if you could get one of these dream managers of yours, they would most likely take years to get up and running with their systems. Poch is building something here and personally, I find it very exciting. Be careful what you wish for, I think like any one of us, you would be devastated if he suddenly left us.

Spot on. For me our best performing manager since Keith Burkinshaw.

What I like is that poch is building for the long term, he has superb man management skills and will hopefully get the additional financial backing once we are settled into the new WHL.

Poch has been a relevation for us as a club and yes he has made errors along the way, but as our champions league progress this season shows, he learns from our short comings and puts them right.

His immediate challenge needs to getting a high performance level out of Alli and I know he will.

I would not swap poch for any other manager in football.

It’s not something that we have to worry about because it is a hypothetical discussion. Listen I like Poch, he has done a sterling job I just loath his startegy towards the supposedly lesser tournaments.

Our previous managers also never had to face teams like Chelsea and City with unlimited gangster money, you feel no matter how well he does we may never win the title due to the fact we have one team in the league that has a government buying them anyone they want and other a rich gangster doing it on a smaller scale.

First bad result in a while and bottom feeders like yourself suddenly come out of the cracks - GTFO

No one should be doubting Pochettino but I do think it is right to be concerned about our record against the top teams, away from our ground, wherever that is.

We do at some point though need to ask where we go next, which can only be to become winners.

Last season was always going to be exceptionally hard to follow and in truth it is only City's current brilliance that is making us appear second rate at times.

I think much depends on where Pochettino feels he can take us as well as the fans' realism. In my opinion we need a player with a spark to add that last dash of belief.

As ever we are betwixt stools.

Last edited:
He won the Hong Kong trophy this past summer so back off on the silverware whinging.

Seriously though, best league finish in 54 years and people are bitching about him winning nothing. It’s been less than three and a half seasons where he has basically turned over the entire squad. Two straight seasons of CL football, into the knockout rounds this season, but oh Lordy me he lost in the Energy Drink Cup.

Now, it’s his away (not home) record against other sides top tier sides. Klopp has a great record away against top 6 sides and no one thinks Liverpool is challenging for trophies. It’s a process with this club, and people want to just throw that all in the shitter for some second tier silverware.

As I said during our pathetic spendthrift transfer window, where we stood still while all around us were spending money to strengthen their teams, a few poor results and the happy clappers would be on our managers back while the untouchable one again gets a free ride.. Lay of Poch, the guy's working fucking miracles in a financial straitjacket compared to our rivals

As I said during our pathetic spendthrift transfer window, where we stood still while all around us were spending money to strengthen their teams, a few poor results and the happy clappers would be on our managers back while the untouchable one again gets a free ride.. Lay of Poch, the guy's working fucking miracles in a financial straitjacket compared to our rivals
How surprsing to see you pop up suddenly

Back
Top Bottom