Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No what I said is that if the opportunity arose to upgrade on him then I would take it. Clubs do that routinely and that should be the case with an of the personnel at the club. Both Ancelloti and Simeone are better managers than him, it would be foolish to argue otherwise. I state this because it applies equally the other way around, I have little doubt that were Poch to be offered the PSG or Madrid job then he would want to leave. That applies to our players as well. There is nothing remotely confusing about this, if can you understand why the club upgraded on Wimmer ( good player) with Sanchez ( who is better) then you can understand my point entirely. But yes I only say this after a defeat, I’m not a ‘real’ supporter blah blah and the other usual tripe that is wheeled out.
You're fully entitled to your opinion of course, but I'm genuinely stunned that any Spurs fan would entertain the idea of replacing Poch right now. From what I can see, he's genuinely building a long term philosophy and back-bone for this club to continue improving and move on to bigger and better things. This could never happen overnight. I also feel that he demonstrates a genuine passion for this club at a level that I don't recall seeing from any manager previously (in my lifetime anyhow). He is a young manager, improving himself all the time and keen to prove himself. Why on earth anyone would want to boot him out halfway through the project, when there could be SO much more to come, to bring in another manager that might just see it as "another job" for a couple of years, is beyond me. Many have already said it, but I really feel he could be our Ferguson. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss him just because there hasn't been instant silverware.

No what I said is that if the opportunity arose to upgrade on him then I would take it. Clubs do that routinely and that should be the case with any of the personnel at the club. Both Ancelloti and Simeone are better managers than him, it would be foolish to argue otherwise. I state this because it applies equally the other way around, I have little doubt that were Poch to be offered the PSG or Madrid job then he would want to leave. That applies to our players as well. There is nothing remotely confusing about this, if can you understand why the club upgraded on Wimmer ( good player) with Sanchez ( who is better) then you can understand my point entirely. But yes I only say this after a defeat, I’m not a ‘real’ supporter blah blah and the other usual tripe that is wheeled out.
I said nothing about being a real supporter and you have popped up after a defeat with a post wanting to upgrade the manager. You then go on about your belief that the manager and players would leave as soon as a bigger club comes in for them, just trumpeting what we see and hear in the press every week. Some of us like to see the bigger picture, the turn around in the club, stability and project moving forward rather than forensically dissecting every defeat. Whoever our manager is, we are still going to lose games. But each to their own.

You're fully entitled to your opinion of course, but I'm genuinely stunned that any Spurs fan would entertain the idea of replacing Poch right now. From what I can see, he's genuinely building a long term philosophy and back-bone for this club to continue improving and move on to bigger and better things. This could never happen overnight. I also feel that he demonstrates a genuine passion for this club at a level that I don't recall seeing from any manager previously (in my lifetime anyhow). He is a young manager, improving himself all the time and keen to prove himself. Why on earth anyone would want to boot him out halfway through the project, when there could be SO much more to come, to bring in another manager that might just see it as "another job" for a couple of years, is beyond me. Many have already said it, but I really feel he could be our Ferguson. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss him just because there hasn't been instant silverware.

Interesting read here about fergie and his worse losses at united, the thing is even at our worst and them at there best we only lost 2-0, 5 years ago that game would have ended 6 or 7 -0

Manchester United: Their 10 Biggest Defeats Under Sir Alex Ferguson

Why on earth would anyone want to bring up 17yrs worth of stats? What is the point, what context is it presented? What relevance has it to this side? Why don't you go back further? Why don't you use the stats when we were playing on Tottenham marshes, might as well as the relevance of them is the same, utterly nonsensical. Also, why don't you do City's record over the same period? When they were in 2nd and 3rd tier of English football, then struggling to break into top 10 for 7 consecutive years!!

Points against other top six rivals since start of 2015-16 (when Spurs started competing): And not a graph in sight!
Liverpool 37
Chelsea 34
Tottenham 30
Man Utd 30
Man City 27
Woolwich 24

Tells a different story don't it? Far more relevant isn't it?

Get back to your self harming........
giphy.gif
Um..I didn't bring up the graphs, someone else did. And like you I was pointing out their meaningless. You seem obsessed with trying to argue with me, whereas in reality you agree with me. Chill a little. Agreeing with John isn't always such a bad thing you know

Um..I didn't bring up the graphs, someone else did. And like you I was pointing out their meaningless. You seem obsessed with trying to argue with me, whereas in reality you agree with me. Chill a little. Agreeing with John isn't always such a bad thing you know

Surely is beating Liverpool 4-1 at Wembley counts as an away win against the top 6 tho? As every one knows wembely ain't really our home!
I call fake news! :dembele:

And here we are yet again, the self confessed rager, melter and therapy seeker telling me to chill, LOL.

You need to read both your post and mine again. Your Self-flagellation in our last 17yrs statistical analysis is getting in the way of a coherent thought. To be clear I can't ever remember ever agreeing with anything you have ever said.

Oh look. Here he is, trying to join in the debate with his typical one liners.
The overreaction from both sides after yesterday is ridiculous. We're still above Woolwich, having played them United, Chelsea and Liverpool.

Meanwhile our next 5 fixtures in the League are West Brom, Leicester, Watford, Stoke and Brighton. Followed by a tough fixture v. City, which is then followed by Burnley, Soton (twice), West Ham, Swansea and Everton.

A conservative estimate would say we take 28-30 of those 36 points with say a loss to City/1 other or a loss to City and a few unexpected draws as the Prem always throws up. Odds are, come our tough period where we play United, Liverpool and Woolwich consecutively, we'll be in the distance of both Liverpool and Woolwich.

With City having the title wrapped up already, consolidating top 4 is now our target with a deep run in the CL and F.A. Cup and our forthcoming fixtures are relatively forgiving.

They may have won the battle (for the first time in 4 years) but the war is still well and truly in our favour. The hysteria after yesterday is laughable.

EDIT - One other thing, Chelsea took 4 of a possible 15 points away to the top 6 and won the title last season. But, you know, narrative.
What a one liner, eh? Mug.

And here we are yet again, the self confessed rager, melter and therapy seeker telling me to chill, LOL.
There we are, see.
I'm happy to admit to my failings. None of is perfect mate.
Maybe you'd do well to show some of my humility sometimes.
And considering the performance yesterday, I've been fairly constrained this time round by my standards. You just seem determined to argue even when you agree.
I thing a few days in the bin would do wonders for you. I know it helped me back in the summer

There we are, see.
I'm happy to admit to my failings. None of is perfect mate.
Maybe you'd do well to show some of my humility sometimes.
And considering the performance yesterday, I've been fairly constrained this time round by my standards. You just seem determined to argue even when you agree.
I thing a few days in the bin would do wonders for you. I know it helped me back in the summer
But I don't agree with you, that's why I posted.

You agreed that bringing up graphs and charts to show wether or not we is doing well against are rivals is a pointless exercise.
Like you, I think it' wot happens on the pitch that matters. Wot we win or dont win.
I disagreed with the merits and value of your statistical analysis of 17yrs worth of stats against the big clubs. I neither agreed or disagreed with the use of graphs, merely referenced the graphs as it was the level in which you appeared to be receptive in, having made a disparaging remark about graphs. It didn't seem appropriate to communicating to you with the use of a graph, so I didn't.

You mean the graphs that show how proud we're meant to be
of our unparalleled successful business model?
Pull out all the graphs you like mate, 4 wins in the last 86 away games v the sky 4 is a shocking statistic that suggests on the football field our business model and all these fucking graphs aint really nothing to crow about
Number of wins in the last 86 attempts... okay, so first of all that figure has been decided upon because '5 wins in the last 87' (which will undoubtedly be the case because why else stop at 86?) didn't quite stick the boot in enough.

5 away games against the top 6 per season (if we assume we're a part of that 'top 6'), so those 86 games are totalling the last 20 years. Slightly (but not much) less if we're not included in the top six for some of those years.

Forgive me, but I'm not going to attribute that long term statistic to what Poch is achieving/trying to achieve at Spurs. Also don't forget that a draw at, say, Stamford Bridge, the Emirates, or the Etihad is nothing to sniff at, and is rather conveniently ignored by that blunt figure.

You really can't see that this discussion is thrown out there by pundits to garner this exact reaction and undermine the excitement around our club? We beat Real Madrid less than three weeks ago!

Back
Top Bottom