Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This twat fielded weak line ups in the cups for southampton.....it infuriated their fans aswell.

He will do the same thing in the fa cup in january so we can wave
goodbye to that aswell.

The blokes a fucking turkey....in fact he is an Argentinian turkey.

There are some people on here that would even see the positives if we were to finish bottom of the league. They would come out with shit like " well if you turn the league upside down, we would be top! "

You can't reason with these people....these people berate others for posting criticism or anything negative...saying shit like " I bet you can't wait to come on here posting after we lose etc etc ""....when in fact it's those cunts that can't wait to post positive shit after we lose, to try and make out they are the better fan.

Potch is a useless prick. He is a fraud....I can't stand the the thought of having another manager, just as much as I can't stand the thought of having him for another two or three seasons. but ive a feeling he will be. It looks as though he is just going to sheperd us to the new stadium. No thrills, except the odd good game of football along the way. Just mediocre shite. No cups taken seriously, and the word philosophy mentioned in every interview with no evidence of actually seeing it....it's very dissapointing. very dissapointing indeed.....fucking argie twat.
You're a fucking turkey. Shut up you fucking bore. Bet you wished we would finish last in the league so you can stand up and shout about how shit we are.

Feels like we've become Sunderland/Newcastle, only 2-3 games a year seem to matter after Wednesday.

Let's view the entire season in context before calling for the managers head..........we've tried mid-season managerial changes before.........the only other teams that do it are those scrapping their way out of relegation.

Its funny that the people calling for context write off two pre seasons and last season.

What happens in May if we are 8th?

"lets judge him next year, he only had one year with his players........................"
:dier:

This twat fielded weak line ups in the cups for southampton.....it infuriated their fans aswell.

He will do the same thing in the fa cup in january so we can wave
goodbye to that aswell.

The blokes a fucking turkey....in fact he is an Argentinian turkey.

There are some people on here that would even see the positives if we were to finish bottom of the league. They would come out with shit like " well if you turn the league upside down, we would be top! "

You can't reason with these people....these people berate others for posting criticism or anything negative...saying shit like " I bet you can't wait to come on here posting after we lose etc etc ""....when in fact it's those cunts that can't wait to post positive shit after we lose, to try and make out they are the better fan.

Potch is a useless prick. He is a fraud....I can't stand the the thought of having another manager, just as much as I can't stand the thought of having him for another two or three seasons. but ive a feeling he will be. It looks as though he is just going to sheperd us to the new stadium. No thrills, except the odd good game of football along the way. Just mediocre shite. No cups taken seriously, and the word philosophy mentioned in every interview with no evidence of actually seeing it....it's very dissapointing. very dissapointing indeed.....fucking argie twat.

Totally agree with you and I refer you to my previous comments re his 'philosophy'!

I wish the fat water boy would fuck off back to 'Gaucho land'

Watching him on the touchline makes me cringe!
No credibility whatsoever and he will make us a laughing stock if he hasn't done so already!
:pocheyes:

Its funny that the people calling for context write off two pre seasons and last season.

What happens in May if we are 8th?

"lets judge him next year, he only had one year with his players........................"
:dier:

We finished 5th and reached a cup final last season, I remember you saying we were going to finish mid-table then as well.

And "What happens in May if we are 8th?" - his position is reviewed then, what will we have lost? A place in next seasons Europa.........so what.

We finished 5th and reached a cup final last season, I remember you saying we were going to finish mid-table then as well.

Do you? Cos I remember being 1000% behind Poch and the refreshing new feeling he brought with him.

18 months later, and it all looks likes a lot of hot air and words though.....

5th, fine. We did better than AVB/Tim combo....but still some 5pts less, and playing shit football for the most part.
Same pattern this season Im afraid.

Fuck sake we've lost one in the league on the first day and one other time with an understrnegth side against Woolwich where a win is never guaranteed for either side.
And people want another managerial change already?

I get he's not got is playing like 70s Brazil or even 2010 spurs, but we have to give someone more than 18 months just once!

Our best football under redknapp was in his 3rd season. It was very up and down before that. We finished 4th in his second season but we have to remember that city were not quite the finished deal yet and Liverpool were in free fall.

We've just bought a bunch of new players and our young guys seems to love playing together under poch. Can everyone stop being so alarmist. It's not even October yet. We're 1 point behind 4th place and above Chelsea. For the most part I see us dominating games without it fully clicking up top.
You'd think it was Armageddon for some here

I think you don't understand what they measure. Quality of opportunity can be measured. You can measure a shot based on various factors and then compare that to other shots taken using the same factors and determine the probability of the chance being scored.

Caley explained the datapoints he's comparing on here:

I don't think you understand that I understand this kind of thing very, very well. Nice selection of metrics there, but what's missing? Ah, it's almost all about the attacking player. Of course defence plays a part in those attacking factors, but given the exact same metrics you could get an entirely different outcome based on defender positioning and movement in the preceding seconds before the opportunity.

I could take the time to go through his metrics and pick them apart (the Opta stats determining Big Chance and the like) but I really can't be arsed.

The only stat that really matters in terms of team performance (not league position) over the season is goal difference, and it's been shown time and time again that regular top 4 sides average around +30 goal difference over the season. If we're so good at creating chances and stopping opponents then statistically we should average out at a high GD by the end of the season, at least in the mid 20's by looking at that data.

My bet is that we won't clear +10.

I don't think you understand that I understand this kind of thing very, very well. Nice selection of metrics there, but what's missing? Ah, it's almost all about the attacking player. Of course defence plays a part in those attacking factors, but given the exact same metrics you could get an entirely different outcome based on defender positioning and movement in the preceding seconds before the opportunity.

I could take the time to go through his metrics and pick them apart (the Opta stats determining Big Chance and the like) but I really can't be arsed.

The only stat that really matters in terms of team performance (not league position) over the season is goal difference, and it's been shown time and time again that regular top 4 sides average around +30 goal difference over the season. If we're so good at creating chances and stopping opponents then statistically we should average out at a high GD by the end of the season, at least in the mid 20's by looking at that data.

My bet is that we won't clear +10.
Opta don't publish defensive positional data. Unless you're paying the full£5000/per league/per year price.

But goal difference is a worse predictor than xG, or even simple shot counting:

The best predictor for future performance is Expected Goals

Sorry, you're just wrong. Clubs use it, bookies use it. It works.

OK, lets see if we end up on the goal difference (you know, goals scored - goals against) that xG is suggesting for us based on those stats then. Because in very simple terms it seems we should be scoring about a third more than we concede. Generally the teams fighting it out for 4th gain around 65 goals a season, so that'll mean we should end on c.+20.

Nice that clubs and bookies use xG, it's probably the best for what it is. Unfortunately I don't think it's particularly strong for modelling Spurs. But hey, what do I know eh?

Fuck sake we've lost one in the league on the first day and one other time with an understrnegth side against Woolwich where a win is never guaranteed for either side.
And people want another managerial change already?

I get he's not got is playing like 70s Brazil or even 2010 spurs, but we have to give someone more than 18 months just once!

Our best football under redknapp was in his 3rd season. It was very up and down before that. We finished 4th in his second season but we have to remember that city were not quite the finished deal yet and Liverpool were in free fall.

We've just bought a bunch of new players and our young guys seems to love playing together under poch. Can everyone stop being so alarmist. It's not even October yet. We're 1 point behind 4th place and above Chelsea. For the most part I see us dominating games without it fully clicking up top.
You'd think it was Armageddon for some here
Spot on! I'm sick to fucking death of season after season of fans calling for the managers head. It's happens every single season under every single manager.

I'm sorry, and I don't usually resort to name calling on here, but if you hate Pochettinho and want him sacked already you are a complete cunt. There I said it.

No doubt I'll get some pelters for that but I'm fed up with this shit.

Well said that man, I for one love the focus on youth and the trust he shows. Who's going to come in and develop us in the same manner? And before anyone says Klopp... Lol

Back
Top Bottom