Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still don't see what's "out of order" about deciding we don't want to hire Poch for a 2nd time?

Even if he tatood "please take me back, Daniel" accross his own face; if the club decide he's not the guy they want then it is what it is.

I think you are half right , but Poch is the best thing to happen to Spurs since the mid eighties

Then those domestic cups we've won since then and that have since the last one been promised to make us a 'proper' club again mean little afterall?

Still at least you're honest enough to frame it over the last 38 years, rather than peddling the "20 years of failure" bullshit.

Still don't see what's "out of order" about deciding we don't want to hire Poch for a 2nd time?

Even if he tatood "please take me back, Daniel" accross his own face; if the club decide he's not the guy they want then it is what it is.
It's just the Poch stalkers desperate to explain why he has been "forced" to go work there...

There's no reason whatsoever that we should have been obligated to bring him back, there were plenty of viable candidates available, yet some insist on being so hung up on Poch that they think he and only he can get us playing well again.

That said, I would personally have taken him back the moment Conte stepped onto the plane to Italy post-Southampton, as I don't trust the people running the club one bit to go and get any of the many suitable Managers.

I’ve seen little evidence this club has a clue about what kind of guy they want.

Clueless decision after clueless decision the last 5 years.

No. I never said anything was out of order. Just that “the club didn’t think Poch was a good fit” means nothing to me because I have no confidence in the clubs decision making.

Equally; I said nothing about "good [or bad] fits" or go as far as suggestion the club's reasoning...... I was simply asking the aforementioned question....

Why is it "out of order"? ........Why is not wanting to re-hire him a betrayal and other such shit that's being frequently bandied about?

It's not our of order, it's just fucking stupid when you look at the names we're likely to end up with. But it does mean nobody can angry at him for going to Chelsea because a) we sacked him disgracefully to begin with and b) he's clearly been available & wanted to be here, but the club didn't consider him. That's down to us.

I agree, but my question to the numerous in our midst who insist that it is.

*Shrugs* I dunno who that is. Sacking him mid-season was out of order mo, but not hiring someone isn't out of order, just on the balance of probability an odd decision when you look at who we're likely to end up with.

Unless it was Nagelsmann, a Poch return seemed an easy choice to me. Unless its all about wanting a DoF and him being unwilling to work with one.

*Shrugs* I dunno who that is. Sacking him mid-season was out of order mo, but not hiring someone isn't out of order, just on the balance of probability an odd decision when you look at who we're likely to end up with.

Unless it was Nagelsmann, a Poch return seemed an easy choice to me. Unless its all about wanting a DoF and him being unwilling to work with one.

It certainly would have been the easy choice, but for me the timing was off. I said all along it needed to be a completely clean slate... None of his former players still on the books.

It certainly would have been the easy choice, but for me the timing was off. I said all along it needed to be a completely clean slate... None of his former players still on the books.
I do kind of agree

But I think we're in a position now where whoever we hire will be a far less accomplished manager than Poch

Who would you like to see us appoint ?

Equally; I said nothing about "good [or bad] fits" or go as far as suggestion the club's reasoning...... I was simply asking the aforementioned question....

Why is it "out of order"? ........Why is not wanting to re-hire him a betrayal and other such shit that's being frequently bandied about?
It’s not out of order. Just stupid as we probably won’t hire anyone better.

We are not a desirable destination for managers. Tottenham managers are expected to outperform the best managers in the world and work with a disadvantage in resources.

And we are dangerously close to becoming undesirable for players. If a developing player wants to play at the top, why not just go to Brighton, who have an actually good track record of development. If the player wants to play for a top club, why choose spurs, who are at the bottom of that tier. We just have no identity or appeal.

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

Come on Poch, your first job at the No Mortgage boys should be to buy Ndombele and GLC from us, give us £150 million for them and we will even throw in Dier and Sanchez for free! :levyeyes:

Back
Top Bottom