Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What happened the other way round in the CL final, but unlike then Liverwank had a go and overturned the deficit. Whereas we shit the bed until the 65th minute and then spent 20 minutes half heartedly going after something.

One of the differences for both games was that they had the assistance of the referee as usual

Sissoko’s handball was never a penalty and neither was Aurier’s tackle

Scousers on social media saying that Aurier’s tackle was similar to the one on Lamela a couple of years ago which led to a penalty but remember how they all bitched about that decision at the time saying that it was a fair challenge

Wankers

One of the differences for both games was that they had the assistance of the referee as usual

Sissoko’s handball was never a penalty and neither was Aurier’s tackle

Scousers on social media saying that Aurier’s tackle was similar to the one on Lamela a couple of years ago which led to a penalty but remember how they all bitched about that decision at the time saying that it was a fair challenge

Wankers
Had a scouser (mate in fairness, if such exists) tell me "what goes around, comes around".

I told him that the British navy had just ordered 50 "Mane class" submarines that would give them an advantage over enemies due to the speed they could go down.

This really should be the team and just stick with it until genuine rotation is required or one of the backups prove they are worth a place

[FORMATION=4231,Gazzaniga,Foyth,Alderweireld,Sanchez,Davies,Ndombele,Sissoko,Lamela,Lo Celso,Son,Kane,][/FORMATION]

Walker-Peters, Vertonghen, Sessegnon, Winks/ Dier, Dele, Lucas on the bench. Just cunt Eriksen off, he adds nothing and doesn't want to be there anymore so stop giving him minutes. Aurier and Rose have come out openly and spoke about their next ventures so bin them off into the reserves as well.

The sooner Poch stops being a fanny and gets the new blood in and stops acting like a bitch with players who don't want him/ us anymore the better. He has limited time to do so but how can he be getting every starting XI so completely wrong every fucking time? I'm still setting that Tanguy didn't need play yesterday, fucking clown shoes decisions going on!

What I am driving at is that Mou comes across as someone who is highly intelligent. Poch does not. In fact I think he is relatively dim.
With all due respect mate, that is utter nonsense. Have you forgotten some of the absolute dung Mourinho used to come out with in his interviews? At times at United I was honestly expecting him to put on a tin foil hat and start talking about how jet fuel doesn't melt steel beams when he spoke to the press. You cannot compare speaking to the media as a manager and sitting in a studio chatting waffle for Sky.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend some of the brown Poch comes out with, but to compare it to Mourinho? Come on, that's BS.

The guy has become lazy and as such so have the team.

I never see him urging the team on or trying to inject life into us anymore. I see a guy sat, legs crossed just absorbing the game. He really needs to try and give us that extra 5% that would turn losses into draws and draws into wins but all I see are the same minute subs, same boring excuses and same insistence that the likes of Lucas, GLC & KWP wouldn't have done any better if selected. Winks over Ndombele in one of the biggest game she of the season? Fuck off Poch you're far better than that. Blokes become too flabby to be in charge of a top side, he's turned into a whinging little bitch instead of acting like a man. I want to see him barking instructions out instead of this flimsy excuse we constantly see now.

He said that the players became too defensive after going a goal up so early, he should telling them during the game not to instead of moaning about it at full time!

Last edited:
We played with a narrow 5 in midfield from the first whistle.
In the first 20mins no we didn't, Son/Dele on the left and Sissoko/Eriksen on the right worked well in their pairs and one or both stayed out wide. If an LFC player went on the outside of any of them they were backed up by the other player. Our FB's were very narrow and kept a compact shape and weren't sucked out wide. I liked it.

But this changed after 20mins one or both on both sides were sucked in narrow.

In the first 20mins no we didn't, Son/Dele on the left and Sissoko/Eriksen on the right worked well in their pairs and one or both stayed out wide. If an LFC player went on the outside of any of them they were backed up by the other player. Our FB's were very narrow and kept a compact shape and weren't sucked out wide. I liked it.

But this changed after 20mins one or both on both sides were sucked in narrow.
We alternated between a 4-3-3 and a 4-5-1. Son was very lazy in his defensive duties for those first 20 mins.

I don't know if Poch realizes how dangerous his rotation game can become. I think it's instilling an unhealthy and disruptive environment over time. When players, no matter how good they play, are benched in favor of other players who have not shown anything to deserve a starting place, I don't know how well it will go, even with the new faces. Why should they put their all if the next game they won't start? Matter of fact, why would a top class player join Tottenham when it's likely he won't start right away and when he finally does and plays well, he's rotated the next game with someone who's not up to par with his performances? What does that tell you about the rewarding system promoted within the club?

Brothers and sisters, spare a thought for this broken happy clapper.
He had a good innings.
Bless

Whether he's been backed appropriately is another conversation altogether. I'm not going to sit here and blindly defend ENIC, as they're not blameless by any means.

But please do fuck off with the 'summer the club did nothing' routine. One transfer window from a six year spell is the reason we lost to Colchester? The reason we drew with Watford? The reason we let in 7 against Bayern? The reason we lost to Newcastle? To Brighton? To West Ham? To Bournemouth? To Leicester?

The manager has a squad more than capable of beating the dross listed above / not conceding 7 fucking goals at home.

Who's fault is it that he picked Toby, Rose & Eriksen yesterday (and countless other times this season)? Levy's?

Who's to blame for constantly trying to implement a formation the players cannot (or will not) adapt to? Levy?

Who fault is playing Winks & Sissoko together AGAIN, when it quite clearly doesn't work? Levy's?

Who's fault is leaving Ndombele on the bench yesterday? Levy's?

Who called Wanyama a charity case, and the asked him to come on and try to hold a lead? Levy?

Who told the world he would leave if we won the CL final while at the same expecting 100% commitment from his players? Levy?

There's probably loads more nonsense if I could be arsed to look, but this'll do for now.

This is on Pochettino and you need your head tested if you think otherwise.

Poch also said 18 months or so ago when things were going well that he would hate to feel he had outstayed his welcome if things turned sour and would move on... well we are waiting

We alternated between a 4-3-3 and a 4-5-1. Son was very lazy in his defensive duties for those first 20 mins.
I disagree, thought Son & Co worked well in that first period. If Son (or whoever) was beaten in a 1vs1 the challenge was still there which resulted in the LFC player overrunning the ball and losing it immediately in the next 1vs1, or making a rushed pass/cross which was dealt with ease.

With all due respect mate, that is utter nonsense. Have you forgotten some of the absolute dung Mourinho used to come out with in his interviews? At times at United I was honestly expecting him to put on a tin foil hat and start talking about how jet fuel doesn't melt steel beams when he spoke to the press. You cannot compare speaking to the media as a manager and sitting in a studio chatting waffle for Sky.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend some of the brown Poch comes out with, but to compare it to Mourinho? Come on, that's BS.
Yes, yes. I get that. One thing I am getting at is that Mourinho has the capability to analyse and explain tactics in a way that Poch does not.

Whether he's been backed appropriately is another conversation altogether. I'm not going to sit here and blindly defend ENIC, as they're not blameless by any means.

But please do fuck off with the 'summer the club did nothing' routine. One transfer window from a six year spell is the reason we lost to Colchester? The reason we drew with Watford? The reason we let in 7 against Bayern? The reason we lost to Newcastle? To Brighton? To West Ham? To Bournemouth? To Leicester?

The manager has a squad more than capable of beating the dross listed above / not conceding 7 fucking goals at home.

Who's fault is it that he picked Toby, Rose & Eriksen yesterday (and countless other times this season)? Levy's?

Who's to blame for constantly trying to implement a formation the players cannot (or will not) adapt to? Levy?

Who fault is playing Winks & Sissoko together AGAIN, when it quite clearly doesn't work? Levy's?

Who's fault is leaving Ndombele on the bench yesterday? Levy's?

Who called Wanyama a charity case, and the asked him to come on and try to hold a lead? Levy?

Who told the world he would leave if we won the CL final while at the same expecting 100% commitment from his players? Levy?

There's probably loads more nonsense if I could be arsed to look, but this'll do for now.

This is on Pochettino and you need your head tested if you think otherwise.

This thread had just been murdered.
May it Rest In Peace

I don't think it's about his compensation anymore. Levy is aware we might lose way more than that if our season keeps going downhill.

Every day Levy keeps him in charge, he starts to share the blame for this.
Needs to man up and act. Now.

We’d genuinely be better off with a caretaker, or Kane player manager til the summer

Back
Top Bottom