Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Although rare, integrity and principals aren't totally dead in the world.
They are on life support when 30M is on the line. And where he feels he may have been hard done by with regards to the team/personnel that circle could be easily squared.

However, as per the post that kicked off this comment, Poch spoke of walking rather than out-staying his welcome.

I'm simply doubting the man's own words.
I feel ya AF. He wouldn't walk I don't believe. He has sacrificed in his mind so I feel he would believe he was entitled to it. But if he did walk I would be impressed. Not as impressed as if it were a workaday person but still impressed.

So apparently he was asked about the impact Ndombele had when he came on to which Poch asked "what difference did he make"
Either he's actually a fucking moron who couldn't see our play improved immeasurably in the last 10 minutes, or he's really trying to get sacked.
I'm going for the latter. As Stevie Wonder could see we suddenly started playing late on, coincidentally, when Ndombele replaced Ray Wilkins

The reaction to the team selection on here was unanimous in disagreement. The early goal may or may not have changed the whole game as the one in the Champions league clearly did. Did the early goal give us confidence whilst denting Liverpool's? As Keane said our 2 FB's were dumb & dumber, but why were they playing when Foyth & Davies were better options. Having said that I was expecting a lot worse after recent results. We always lose at Anfield but at least it was not embarrassing. The next 2 league matches are key and he will have a whole clear week to prepare for Everton. Premiership points are more important than CL points at present and so our best 11 is required. Rose is banned but Aurier and Eriksen are not playing well enough to play. ( nothing to do with them wanting to leave but their lack of form) Get the next 2 PL games wrong and it should be curtains for Poch.

On November 7th this year it will be the 15th anniversary of the Memorial Service at White Hart Lane for the great Bill Nicholson OBE. He died October 23rd 2004.
The caskets of he and his wife now lie under where the two pitches (old and new) overlap. I wonder what he would make of the current situation and seeing the fans so divided on the fate of the manager.
As supporters we owe it to the memory of such club legends to forget about who is sitting in the manager's dugout next Sunday and concentrate on the eleven men representing our glorious club as they run out onto the pitch at Goodison ... whoever they may be. It's what Bill would want us to do.

(Old man sitting quietly reminiscing of times gone by on a Bank Holiday in Ireland....apologies to younger members)
:coys:
I have a feeling I'm a similar age to you, lived through those wonderful Nicholson years, I cannot understand what is happening to our great(once great) club. I fear a relegation dog fight. How has this been allowed to happen with some of the talent we've witnessed in recent years?

So if Poch gets sacked, does he get a payout? Does anybody know how much it is?

Also, is there something he can do to make any such payout void?

Asking for a friend.

edit: Found the payout sum via google. Sun reckons it is 32M. Wonder if that is true. I'd do a lot worse for 32 bucks than run a club into the ground.

Asking for a friend.

edit: Found the payout sum via google. Sun reckons it is 32M. Wonder if that is true. I'd do a lot worse for 32 bucks than run a club into the ground.
Yep. That is the headline figure. The only way to make it void is if Poch walks of his own will. "Mutual Agreement" if you like, or Levy comes to an agreement with another club in exchange for a reacharound.

Levy is not a taker in case you were wondering.

Asking for a friend.

£8m a year and four years left to run.. :thumbup: Unless Levy and Poch reach a 'mutual agreement' figure that would allow Poch to not look as though he has been sacked but decided to seek a fresh challenge elsewhere instead.

Poch will be more successful than Spurs when these dickheads force him out.
He took us from a lower position and raised us higher, before the recent fall off. I’ve no doubt if he took on Madrid or Munich, he’ll do well and bring them success, as both clubs are in a stronger position than we were when he arrived. Doesn’t mean he’s still the right man for us. Give him a squad that don’t know him too well and haven’t become stale and predictable under him and he’ll be great.

Bit it appears that we presently have the choice between replacing Poch or replacing around 15 players.

Back
Top Bottom