Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch gets a point at Man City but that's not good enough ... we're already doomed to loose to woolwich according to the usual bunch of miseries ... frankly why do some of you bother?

Page after page about the endless suffering Spurs cause you, is it some kind of purgatory?

Four points from two games and statistically the toughest game of the year already played, feck I'm overjoyed with that, bring on woolwich we've got nothing to fear

Woolwich who we had surpassed and we’re going to smash to bits 8-0 but took 1pt off last year?

Next you’ll be telling be the Wembley match was a display of epic proportions and glowing football just because of the euphoria of Hugo’s penalty save.

It wasn’t. It was a match littered with Spurs shooting its bollocks off and retreating into a little ball sucking its thumb the second we conceded.
Then trying its hardest to lose after doing all the hard work to get the equaliser.

But we DREW.....against a rival!!!!

WOHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO

Why should anyone have anything bad to say about the game or mentality unless we lose.....strange outlook

It’s the daily mail Sammy. . . Take a morning off and relax mate :harrysmile:

Ahhhh the default line…….same Daily Mail that said were signing Ndombele and Lo Celso?
And that said Eriksen wanted out?

Same Daily Mail no one would have any problem believing if the story was about how Poch wanted Levy to bid 100M for Dybala but Levy said no.....

Haha. This must be what the youngsters call 'trolling' - right??
Im 42 mate, thats why I know how people are….this story cant possibly be true because its in the Daily Mail right...?

So is all this made up too?

Basically, if the swap rumour has legs, then Poch has mugged us off a bit, so the procedure is as follows:
1 - Close your Eyes and hope nobody takes it up
2- When they do, dismiss the source

I still live in North London and I talk to a lot of Spurs supporters.

Poch seens to get a far easier time of it on this forum than is the
case of the wider fanbase.

His tactics and somewhat bizarre use of substitutes have been called in to question for the last two seasons.

Leaving Lucas on the bench for the CL final was the final straw for a few.

Im 42 mate, thats why I know how people are….this story cant possibly be true because its in the Daily Mail right...?

So is all this made up too?

Basically, if the swap rumour has legs, then Poch has mugged us off a bit, so the procedure is as follows:
1 - Close your Eyes and hope nobody takes it up
2- When they do, dismiss the source
Yes they reported stuff that was right AFTER it had been reported by other credible sources first. They are a rag, basically as bad as the express.

They don’t have a clue, they are the journalism equivalent of Ricky Sacks, they just report what is reported elsewhere no matter how shit the source.

Find me a credible source that is covering this story and I’ll shut up and leave you to it.

Yes they reported stuff that was right AFTER it had been reported by other credible sources first. They are a rag, basically as bad as the express.

They don’t have a clue, they are the journalism equivalent of Ricky Sacks, they just report what is reported elsewhere no matter how shit the source.

Find me a credible source that is covering this story and I’ll shut up and leave you to it.
Ok

It just mystifies me. . . Would really like Son Kane and Moura to get a run in that system.

Even Sessegnon would do well in that system I think, as a wide forward.

We should play a 4-3-3 with Kane in the striker role and Son and Moura on the wings. Give Son and Moura freedom to roam, but focus on quick strikes where they can get behind defenders on the winds and create havoc.

Those two with Kane are tailor made for it!

We should play a 4-3-3 with Kane in the striker role and Son and Moura on the wings. Give Son and Moura freedom to roam, but focus on quick strikes where they can get behind defenders on the winds and create havoc.

Those two with Kane are tailor made for it!

Unless of course a team decides to sit back and not allow any space for Son and Lucas to run into..

I still live in North London and I talk to a lot of Spurs supporters.

Poch seens to get a far easier time of it on this forum than is the
case of the wider fanbase.

His tactics and somewhat bizarre use of substitutes have been called in to question for the last two seasons.

Leaving Lucas on the bench for the CL final was the final straw for a few.

No way of knowing, but I think we would have won the CL with Moura as a starter and Kane off the bench. I was bewildered with Poch’s decisión to start Kane when he was not fit and in even worse form. I am not sure what happened there.

I just can’t figure out how you don’t start the guy that got hat trick in the previous CL game to send you to the final.

It is such a foolish decision in my mind that I wonder if something else was going on.

Those guys can score in that scenario, too. They’re all around great players.

Not sure..

I still think it has to be one of Son or Lucas. Though it's dependent on opposition. Luckily, we have a pretty damn good squad when everyone is fit to make it a headache for Pochettino.

Unless of course a team decides to sit back and not allow any space for Son and Lucas to run into..
I take your point but it works for liverpool. Salah and Mane both made their names running in to space and finishing chances but they are equally good at breaking down stubborn defences.

In no way am I suggesting moura and son are exactly the same type of players but I wouldn't be averse to giving them a go against teams that sit back.

They are 2 of our best dribblers (courtesy of your stats) which should help to create space in itself.

Whatever happens, we do have options now which is exciting.

I take your point but it works for liverpool. Salah and Mane both made their names running in to space and finishing chances but they are equally good at breaking down stubborn defences.

In no way am I suggesting moura and son are exactly the same type of players but I wouldn't be averse to giving them a go against teams that sit back.

They are 2 of our best dribblers (courtesy of your stats) which should help to create space in itself.

Whatever happens, we do have options now which is exciting.

Salah and Mane are ALOT better than Lucas though. They have a lot more strings to their bow than Lucas does. They also rely on creativity from their full backs and not Eriksen (or Lamela) like we do. Which is probably why we haven't fully changed to a 433, because we can't properly fit Eriksen in along with Son and Lucas. Though maybe this is why we have signed Lo Celso, who IS capable of creating from deep successfully.

It'd be pointless playing them against teams that sit back. Because they wouldn't get any space. Lucas only works well in space. If he hasn't got space, he's pretty much pointless. Son, to his credit has one hell of a shot on him and could probably hit them from distance and one would eventually fly in. Again though, Son is ALOT different to Mane and Salah, who both have a much better control and close control than he does.

No point comparing us or our players to Liverpools. We couldn't be further away from having the same type of players to allow us to play the same system. They have creative full backs and rely on them to create, we don't. They have a defensive midfielder to shield their defence whilst their central midfielders work tirelessly in the middle. We don't.

We'd be best to go back to a 4231 with two players in the midfield who aim to control the game. Utilise our full backs as outlets to stretch the game. Have a creative player outwide who can either cut in or create from a wide position and someone who can get goals from behind Kane.

Salah and Mane are ALOT better than Lucas though. They have a lot more strings to their bow than Lucas does. They also rely on creativity from their full backs and not Eriksen (or Lamela) like we do. Which is probably why we haven't fully changed to a 433, because we can't properly fit Eriksen in along with Son and Lucas. Though maybe this is why we have signed Lo Celso, who IS capable of creating from deep successfully.

It'd be pointless playing them against teams that sit back. Because they wouldn't get any space. Lucas only works well in space. If he hasn't got space, he's pretty much pointless. Son, to his credit has one hell of a shot on him and could probably hit them from distance and one would eventually fly in. Again though, Son is ALOT different to Mane and Salah, who both have a much better control and close control than he does.

No point comparing us or our players to Liverpools. We couldn't be further away from having the same type of players to allow us to play the same system. They have creative full backs and rely on them to create, we don't. They have a defensive midfielder to shield their defence whilst their central midfielders work tirelessly in the middle. We don't.

We'd be best to go back to a 4231 with two players in the midfield who aim to control the game. Utilise our full backs as outlets to stretch the game. Have a creative player out wide who can either cut in or create from a wide position and someone who can get goals from behind Kane.
Can't really argue with that, as I did say I know they are all very different players.

Just a side note though a 4231 is actually the system I would like to see us play as its the only system that allows for an out and out creative midfielder right behind Kane with Son & Moura either side.

When im saying "play kane with son and moura" I don't mean play 4-3-3.

Can't really argue with that, as I did say I know they are all very different players.

Just a side note though a 4231 is actually the system I would like to see us play as its the only system that allows for an out and out creative midfielder right behind Kane with Son & Moura either side.

When im saying "play kane with son and moura" I don't mean play 4-3-3.

Still think it should be one or the other when we play 4231 too.

Lo Celso, Dele and Son as an interchangeable 3 behind Kane would be my preferred choice.

Back
Top Bottom