Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sammy:
Remember when I told you that RB isn’t a priority area?

TFC:
I never said we needed a new RB, in Poch I trust.
Definitely not a priority.....who said that? Show me the post where I said that....I never said that, who said that.
We have the players and Poch loves a challenge, I never said we need a RB, who said that?

Now 1 1/2 games into the new season, both Liverpool and Citys RB have assisted in goals. Should I expect the same from KWP today?

the whole "completely set up incorrectly in the 1st half and have to fix it at HT" spiel is just going to cost us so many points this season. Don't get how it happens so often.

the whole "completely set up incorrectly in the 1st half and have to fix it at HT" spiel is just going to cost us so many points this season. Don't get how it happens so often.
Poch is a football purist. Like all the big managers he has an idea and philosophy for the game that he doesn't like to deviate from. This new diamond midfield seems to be his new fancy. But it obviously doesn't work with the majority of our central midfield consisting of guys that should start/play fairly deep (Sissoko, Ndombele, Winks, Wanyama, Dier, Skipp) and break forward. It gets rather clogged. And our fullbacks aren't the bombers that they were a few years ago that can dominate their flanks.

We are much better suited to a 4-2-3-1, but he seems set on establishing this formation. Hopefully his stubbornness gives out.

Poch is a football purist. Like all the big managers he has an idea and philosophy for the game that he doesn't like to deviate from. This new diamond midfield seems to be his new fancy. But it obviously doesn't work with the majority of our central midfield consisting of guys that should start/play fairly deep (Sissoko, Ndombele, Winks, Wanyama, Dier, Skipp) and break forward. It gets rather clogged. And our fullbacks aren't the bombers that they were a few years ago that can dominate their flanks.

We are much better suited to a 4-2-3-1, but he seems set on establishing this formation. Hopefully his stubbornness gives out.
Drives me nuts because then he’ll pull out a tactical masterpiece in a pinch and remind me that he knows the squad than someone on a forum. But today just seemed so obvious from the start.

Drives me nuts because then he’ll pull out a tactical masterpiece in a pinch and remind me that he knows the squad than someone on a forum. But today just seemed so obvious from the start.
He seems to have admitted as much in the post match presser. Hopefully he learns and adapts.

I never seen a team play good footbal using this diamond or the 4-3-2-1, they are the worst formation to use and, in fact, I remember Milan used both when they started their decline. Hope Pochettino doesn't insist in this shit formation anymore.

As much as Poch "got it wrong" he really didn't do that bad .... the formation we played for most of the game may not have created as much in the first 30 minutes as we would like, but what it did was run the Villa players into the ground, in the second half it was a total siege by us we ended up with 31 attempts on goal three that went in ....

Eriksen (Lo Celso, Son, Sessegnon) coming on with 30 minutes to go against a knackered defence, that's always going to cause problems and it did .... it's where squad depth will make all the difference

Missing: Vert, Foyth, Davies, Dele, Son
Not Match fit: Dier, Wanyama, Lo Celso, Sessegnon

To win 3-1 I'll take that all day long .... maybe not Poch's best day but not that bad either ....

That said against City we are not "running their legs off" put the diamond away it's 4-4-2 and catch them with counter attacking ... back to basics please

Thought his in game management was terrible today, not for the first time. Took way too long to bring Moura on and our midfield was just getting over run.

Winks-Sissoko-Ndombele does not work.

Thought his in game management was terrible today, not for the first time. Took way too long to bring Moura on and our midfield was just getting over run.

Winks-Sissoko-Ndombele does not work.
We didn't play a midfield of Winks-Sissoko-Ndombele? Sissoko was out wide. Unless you mean they don't all work in the same team then fair enough but I disagree.

Back
Top Bottom