Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We didn't play a midfield of Winks-Sissoko-Ndombele? Sissoko was out wide. Unless you mean they don't all work in the same team then fair enough but I disagree.

I don't see how Sissoko was "out wide" when KWP was left defending 2 v 1 all game long, but it's semantics. If you look at his average position (17) he was effectively a CM
_108352443_city_spurs_firsthalfpositions.jpg

Those 3 players do not work imo, not in the Villa game and not in this one. We got over run and none of them are particularly great at tracking runners and defending.

We got a point despite the fact that we weren’t very good today. Lots of work to do to get us to where we can and ought to be. I think this will be a special season.

The Debbie downers are something else!

I don't see how Sissoko was "out wide" when KWP was left defending 2 v 1 all game long, but it's semantics. If you look at his average position (17) he was effectively a CM
_108352443_city_spurs_firsthalfpositions.jpg

Those 3 players do not work imo, not in the Villa game and not in this one. We got over run and none of them are particularly great at tracking runners and defending.
I'd still say he played as a right midfielder, cause he did. I think we almost tried to play with two full backs, with Sissoko dropping much deeper than usual and KWP inside to try and block off that channel. It didn't really work, in just meant Sterling could play even further inside and Zinchenko could bomb on.

Personally, I think I agree that those three probably don't all get in our best team together. For me Sissoko and Ndombele are quite similar in some ways, except Sissoko is a great presser and has a terrific engine but lacks composure on the ball and technical ability, Ndombele is the other way round. I think both are good midfield partners for Winks in a midfield 2 and both will compliment him well in different ways. Maybe in future in the games where we are going to be up against it like today, we play Winks-Sissoko whereas in the majority of games where we have the ball more we go for Winks-Ndombele? Good problem to have as they're all very capable and we still have Dier, Wanyama and Skipp who can come in in the middle. Feel a lot more comfortable with our midfield this year than last year.

He had no Dele, Son or Lo Celso to choose from starting the games for his opening two. This along with trying to bed Ndombele in, who has come out and said he's struggling with the intensity of the league.

Offer any team on the planet a point against Man City away and they'd snap your hand off. We are nowhere near seeing our strongest XI yet, we even had to rely on Nkoudou from the bench in the first game.

Give it time, all will be good.

Our ‘fans’ calling Poch a poor mans Ranieri after only drawing away at City - first PL points they’ve dropped in 15 games!

This place is becoming like the comments section on Facebook

Haven’t we come from behind something like 31 times to win games?

Surely that suggests that while he can usually figure something out in the last ten minutes, his starting line ups and approach are often wrong
Yeah, he figures out something in last 10 minutes, and that's why the club is on this level now. I finally get it.

Back
Top Bottom