Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well, maybe I can harbor some distant hope that our lack of action regarding fullbacks/wingbacks means that Poch plans to unveil the true Bielsa formation at Spurs next season, the mythical 3-3-1-3.

Anything except another season of 5 at the back and 4-man diamond midfield, please.

Wow looking back at old posts lol!

Lloris/Vorm (Gazzaniga)
Walker/Trippier (Aurier/Walker-Peters)
Rose?/Davies
Alderweireld?/Kaboul (Sanchez)
Vertonghen/Wimmer (Foyth)
Dier/Bentaleb (Wanyama)
Alli/Mason (Sissoko)
Lamela/Dembele (NDombele)
Eriksen?/Pritchard (Winks)
Chadli/N'Jie (Moura/Son)
Kane/Soldado (Parrott)

We look like we've upgraded? Maybe?

Edit
Have a look at this...

I'd like to believer Poch is showing his frustration with the press rather than with the club ... after taking the piss out of others divination abilities thought I'd have a go myself -

Replies from Poch to questions a manager simply can't answer:
I told you in Singapore and China. I think I was very clear about the situation of the squad. Danny Rose like another 25 or 26 players are here and are my players. I don't know what I need to say because I was very clear in the past.
I need to repeat in the past few press conferences that I told your colleagues in England. I am not in charge and I know nothing about the situation of my players. I am only coaching them and trying to get the best from them. This type of things will happen or not happen. Sell, buy players, sign contract, not sign contract I think is not in my hands, it's in the club's hands and in Daniel Levy. At the moment I am managing the team the best way possible.
After being asked a whole string of further questions which only Levy would be able to answer, he eventually lost his patience and said:
The club need to change my title and description, no? My job now is to coach the team. It's not a question for me, it's a question for the club and maybe they change my title and description. I told you before I am not in charge about the individual situations. Of course I am the boss deciding the strategic play, training, methodology and philosophy are my areas, but in another area I don't know. Today, I feel like I am the coach.
To me that's a man showing he's pissed off with stupid questions ... but like the rest of us I'm no psychic either, only Poch knows what he's actually thinking ....

Last edited:
His tone and the fact he just keeps repeating himself regarding transfers I think is very worrying. Not sure what levy is playing at as I thought he had promised poch some quality upgrades...but who knows. If poch leaves there will be only one person to blame imo.

I kinda wish he’s Shut up and stop giving the tabloid press stupid sound bites that help dig us out and unstable us. Doesn’t help anyone

I am not happy at Poch's recent attitude re transfers. I was a Manager in a business with 7 partners. All new staff had to have 6 months probation and whilst I was involved in the meeting to decide if we kept them, was outnumbered and did not always agree with the decision. However it was me that had to tell the member of staff they would not be kept and deal with other staff's feelings which often supported the member of staff. Whether I agreed with the decision or not I had to adopt the decision and back it up. Poch is involved with decisions on purchases and sales and although not involved in the financial negotiations has more knowledge of what is going on than us and whilst I understand he may not want to reveal certain details he could give better answers. Other Managers do not respond like him and he has not been so obstructive in previous years.

Like Bangkok I think and hope that Poch is more just fed up with the media asking him about things he cannot answer time and time again. Nathan Clark sums up my take on it:

none of us know what Poch & Levy agreed behind closed doors regarding transfers
Poch knows what Levy is like with the money, so hopefully poch has said these are the players i want & I expect they will cost up to X, if they cost XX that is too much
if something like that was ageed I'd be cheesed off if I was Poch and Levy was peeing about to save £ 5 or 10 m

Wait, he's still a Head Coach? I thought he became a Manager last time he signed a contract and to me that means he must have a say in transfers and so.

I kinda wish he’s Shut up and stop giving the tabloid press stupid sound bites that help dig us out and unstable us. Doesn’t help anyone
I kinda wish our chairman would pull his fucking finger out.... The wanker has time to fuck off to shanghai for photo ops....

I kinda wish our chairman would pull his fucking finger out.... The wanker has time to fuck off to shanghai for photo ops....

I agree, the clock is ticking Daniel but maybe he's looked at the squads of other teams around us and thinks we have enough to finish top 4 again and that will do.

I do think we expected some other players to have left which would have provided Poch with more money to spend but it seems, yet again, that a major squad rebuild has been put off...for now.

On Poch's comments, it seems a fairly obvious diversionary tactic from talking about transfers and grumpiness at being asked the same questions all the time at the Pressers. He's had plenty of chances to leave if he was unhappy, he knows the score and he's a clever chap is our Poch.

Back
Top Bottom