Match thread: Manchester Shitty (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Flannerz said:
I've only been there to see Ricky Hatton fight. Afterwards because we were four blokes from London who'd come down to see a fight, they wouldn't let us in anywhere!

Canal_Street_%28Manchester%29_Sign_Post.jpg

the doorboys can be such bitches sometimes

Last night I dreamt we won 5-3 and it was the most amazing game ever. Game was at 3-3 until the final few minutes when we grabbed the 4th and 5th. I went nuts. Think it was Defoe that got one of them

It was so vivid that I'm considering putting a few quid on that scoreline

jimmyriggle said:
Last night I dreamt we won 5-3 and it was the most amazing game ever. Game was at 3-3 until the final few minutes when we grabbed the 4th and 5th. I went nuts. Think it was Defoe that got one of them

Dream bets are good. I dreamt we beat Inter at home 3-1 and felt good about it all week, stuck 3 quid on 20-1. Told my mate about it in the Hairy Bell and he stuck a fiver on it.

jimmyriggle said:

Thats just triggered me remembering a dream I had the other night, we were playing city and I dont know what the score was but I was watching on the tellybox and Kaboul scored, he commentator went mental though wich makes me think we either smashed them and kaboul got the 5th goal or Kaboul scored topping the greatest comback in Premier League history...

ok so these twats will likely be lining up something like this

[formation=4-4-2 GK=Hart D=Clichy Savic Lescott Richards DM= M=Nasri Barry Silva Milner AM=Aguero S=Dzeko][/formation]

shit just checking their squad and even with Kompany out and the Toures at the ACN they've still got a stupid ammount of depth and Mancini was complaining about needing more players lol. I doubt they'll go 2 DMs especially at home so Barry will likely start with DeJong on the bench. The likes of Balotelli and Johnson could start to and Nasri or Milner could be on the bench. Then Kolarov and Zabaleta play alot also so who knows how they'll line up. Our team on the other hand will pretty much pick itself.

[formation=4-1-3-1-1 GK=Friedel D=BAE Kaboul King Walker DM=Parker M=Bale - Modric - Lennon AM=VDV S=Defoe][/formation]

we're going to have fuck all in the air so the long balls up to Ade we've relied on alot will be a no go. To have any chance at all Bale, VDV and Modric are going to have to be on top form. Sitting here thinking about it I'm really not to confident I don't see Defoe bothering them much at all and then Aguero on the other hand will be pealing off on Kaboul or Daws whoever starts with Ledley and abusing the shit out of them. It will be all about us defending as a unit and hitting them quick on the counter. On second thought I see VDV popping up everywhere and scoring a hattrick to win us the game leaving Barry on his hole. This match is going to be a fucking cracker for sure.

Im with you on VDV paydro, I really think he can be the main man for us.

I think this game is gonna be mental, so many good players who drift all over the place. Nasri, Modric, Silva, Milner, Bale (more so recently) VDV

Then you got some of the leagues most attacking fullbacks in Assou/Walker Clichy and Richards

As overrated as I sometimes think barry is, he is a very clever player who is very important for them. Wouldnt be suprised if he had a major role to play in some way.

I think for us to get anything our of this we need every player to be at the top of their game, City can win it probably without playing that well.

Defoe needs to have a great game and Bale and Lennon need to casue havoc t allow VDV to do his thang.

Lets BUMBACLOT them up, mek der PUSSY QUINT MAN!

Man City at home: Played 10 Won 10 F 31 A 4

I'm admiring the optimism on here and the apparent faith in the subconscious.

I can also see why there are so many bookies springing up everywhere.

Draw would be a great result, 1-nil win even better, if we win 5-3.............

wweNOI

I'd go as far as saying whoever has the better game between Parker and Barry their team will likely be the best bet for winning. Barry will be up against it with Modric and VDV pulling the strings in the middle and final third Bale to coming inside but likewise Scotty will be up against Silva, Aguero and Nasri drifting about infront of our defense. Parker needs to play like he did against Spain recently for us to get something out of it. Defoe upfront worries me the most as we really could've used some height up their as we've become quite accustomed lately to the Ade out ball and he usually brings it down then lays it of nice after we get afew players forward we're not going to have that option this week in a game we really could've used it. As a result of that we won't have as much possesion as usual so our counter attacking down the flanks with Bale and Lennon will be vital. When they lose possesion and we catch them light at the back we really need to make it count. Bale better of been practising his shooting on the run all week because hitting row z with every shoot like last week aint on. It's going to be fucking nerve wrecking for sure but it should be an amazing match between the two teams who play the best attacking footy in the league going all out for the 3 points.

SpursUltra said:
Man City at home: Played 10 Won 10 F 31 A 4

I'm admiring the optimism on here and the apparent faith in the subconscious.

I can also see why there are so many bookies springing up everywhere.

Draw would be a great result, 1-nil win even better, if we win 5-3.............

[ Image ]

Yeah but they're missing Kompany and Yaya

I reckon them 2 have played in all 10 of them matches. This will be a big test for shity without a big part of their backbone. I wouldn't quite say they're there for the taking but they will be considerably weaker than usual

I'll bring my normal sense of realism/pessimism to this thread and say there's no way in hell we'll win on Sunday. No amount of tinkering with the formation or telling ourselves that this is a good time to play them will mask the fact that we'll be playing without Adebayor up front which means we'll be the same team as last season which was toothless and generally disappointing.

We could get a draw but only a 0-0 or 1-1. We won't score more than 1 goal there and I have my doubts we'll get that, especially with vdV constantly taking all set pieces. We'll play the 4411 formation with vdV dropping deep in an attempt to help out the midfield which I'm very understood because what's he meant to be helping? He can't tackle and it means JD/Pav (oh God that option is horrendous) will be isolated.

Mancini will play two defensively minded central midfielders who will win the midfield battle and we'll gradually get overrun and pushed back. Most of the game will be spent in our half and any hope of getting something from the game will be the old fashioned smash and grab.

Either that or we'll be amazing and batter them.

VDV can tackle and when he drops deeper Bale and or Lennon will come inside to support which ever average striker we start. VDV is every bit as important as Modric in our build up play. Also have my doubts Mancini will start with Barry and De Jong but it wouldn't surprise me if he did.

think he'll start with two defensively minded midfielders. Also don't think vdV is as important as Modric in our build up. Not saying he's not important, just not anywhere near as important. We get by perfectly fine without vdV, but are a very different team with Modric. Having said that I do agree that Bale and Lennon could be used to push on and hope Bale is given the license to do so especially is Richards is out.

Saying we get by perfectly fine without VDV but are a totally different team without Modric is bullshit. Both players change the dynamic and set up of our team to great effect. You always have some negative undertone when talking about VDV for some reason. VDV and Modric linking up in midfield and both starting off moves for us is a big part of our game these days and the main reason we dominate possesion because these two are so good at keeping hold of the ball and playing intricate little passing moves. Lose either and we lose a big part of our possesion football. VDV consistently covers more ground match to match than just about any other player in our team he's got a great engine despite the fact alot of idiots will tell you he's unfit. If you can't see that VDV is just as important as Modric in our build up and possesion game then I've got fuck all else to say to you on the matter. I wouldn't call Milner a DM either or even defensive minded he's very much a jack of all trades.

Poi said:
Last minute Super sub screamer from Pav followed by a flight to China !
I always thought it was a slow boat to china?

Not sure he would go there, it's hardly en route to Rubin (if rumours have substance that is).

Back
Top Bottom