Match thread: Manchester Shitty (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wonder if Adebayor is allowed to sit with our bench?

...and go fucking mental if we score. Knee-slide etc.

I'm watching City tonight and they don't look that great, very one paced without Toure in midfield. Hard to say what their defence is like because Wigan are dreadful going forward.

xyh5d.jpg

They didn't really impress me, but I would expect Mancini to have them fired up for the weekend.

We need to get at their backline, look vulnerable without Kompany. Midfield lacks massively without Toure as well, Barry is so slow its ridiculous and De Jong couldn't pass wind.

We need to go there and kick the shit out of them, stop them playing their boring pass the other team to death game. We need to be well up for the counter attack football we played versus the Milans.

Dunno lads I'm just not feeling at all confident about this game. I think adebayor is going to be such a huge miss, we will have no outlet and can only see us hitting them on the break with pace to score.
If Ledley plays our chances go up dramatically but I just think The loss of Ade will be a shock to our system.

Fancy us to score as Savic looks like a clown.

Bit worried about what Aguero, Silva, Nasri etc could do to us. Our smashing at the Lane showed that the game will be won or lost in the midfield. Parker needs to be at his best.

I have a feeling Defoe will be well up for this. Can see him running right at their centre backs. I can see Bale and Lennon also cutting in to take them on, on the break.

That is exactly what we need to happen. Sit deep, counter. Just look at United's first goal against them in the FA Cup game.

Limit space for Silva and Aguero and break wide with pace.

After watching city last night I reckon we can do them. If we can win the battle in midfield and hit them on the break Lennon and Bale will have a field day. Parker needs to put in a similar shift to what he done against le scum.

Any news on Ledley being fit?

As G Nev said last night, if we have aspirations of winning the title we have to take the game to them but I'm not sure I can see that.

Also their home record is phenomenal in the league. It's gonna be a big test.

FUCK I'm exited now.

TRYING not to think about it yet... it's only Tuesday, and I don't know if I can maintain these levels of nerves for the rest of the week... I'm gonna be a gibbering wreck by Saturday night!!

Ade out is a hell of a miss... but then again, he's not scored in a while, so maybe a break will get him recharged and re-focussed on what we brought him here for...

Defoe & VdV will offer summit a little 'cuter' up front... Lennon & Bale out wide won't have the same (or ANY) height to aim for, so maybe the cutting in/through balls along with Modric will be our best outlet??

Parker needs to be THE MAN against them on Sunday... let's call the Wolves game a minor aberration... not sure if I can see King making it back for a game of THIS importance... when would we need to sign Samba by to allow him to play...? Thursday/Friday midday latest?

Dawson & Kaboul COULD get horribly exposed, and it might not be good for either of them to be on the end of a spanking... but I've got faith in the fact they COULD pull it together in time, and make the prospect of rushing King back too soon NOT such an urgency...

Brad needs to command THE BOX, not just the Goal-line... um, thass about it I think!

Whatever the result, the ArseAnal-Man Utd game will at least ensure SOMEONE else drops points this weekend (cold comfort if we're on the end of another August horror show...)

A draw wouldn't be the worst, but after the Wolves game, we suddenly can't afford to lose, and think we're still in with a shout of the title... which we very much are at THIS moment in time...

Remember the days when Man City away was virtually a guaranteed 3 points...? ah, the heady aroma of nostalgia!

Oh gawwwwwwwwwd!

I've taken the brave/stupid step to watch this at a pub, pub will be full of Scumchester United and C*nt fans. Could get messy!

Back
Top Bottom