Match Thread: Man United (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AmbHl.jpg

tricky said:
Just a quick note to all those in denial; we won't win.

Draw is the best we can hope for.

-Our back line is still four blokes not a 'unit' yet.
-Van Cuntie and Rooney is probably the fansaty football dream team, and hernandez is no slouch.
-They have strength in depth, even Anderson was starting to look good.
-Paul Scholes is still an annoyingly good player.
-De Gea is starting to look like the keeper he will be in the future.

As much as I want to believe we can win. :dawson:

We won't. :defoe:

It is still not allowed. :klinsmann:

Save yourself the disappointment, concede the fact we will be defeated now, it wont make watching the game less painful but at least you won't have expectations crushed.

:adelol:

Rosie47 said:
Classic reverse-psychology. It's all down to Tricky!

[ Image ]
As I said earlier in this thread, the last time I displayed any public confidence about an away win was 'North Korea' day at the effeminates.

So my cross to bear is that I must be the forbearer of doom and pessimism. But if that is my role, then I will duly complete it to the best of my abilities.

So, don't go getting hopes up for a trophy or top four any time soon. :bentley: :adegrin: :defoe2:

Not worth it. They came away from the Etihad with a point, and Walcott scored against Coventry. That means he is now Henry Mk2.

The Quadruple is as good as wrapped up

It takes Spurs four wins in a row to garner some positive press, but are totally blown away by Liverpool who have only just picked up their first win.

VirginiaSpur said:
It takes Spurs four wins in a row to garner some positive press, but are totally blown away by Liverpool who have only just picked up their first win.

Who cares, under the radar is not the worst place to be, being acclaimed by assholes is just as bad as being hated by them.

Slightly surprised how excited people still are by the game.

A great and memorable win but it's only one game......I hope the players aren't going to think they've 'made it' somehow and will concentrate fully for the game coming up - we need momentum not one of victories.

Kind of feels like we are treating it like our cup final to me.

Blanchflower said:
Slightly surprised how excited people still are by the game.

A great and memorable win but it's only one game......I hope the players aren't going to think they've 'made it' somehow and will concentrate fully for the game coming up - we need momentum not one of victories.

Kind of feels like we are treating it like our cup final to me.

Yep i agree Blanch but i also realise now that a lot on the forum have never seen us beat the Mancs away 23 years is a long time im lucky enough to have been at Old Trafford when we have won before this wierd run against them.

So i say let everyone milk what they want out of the result.

This season has a Looong way to go yet.

COYS

Blanchflower said:
I hope the players aren't going to think they've 'made it' somehow and will concentrate fully for the game coming up - we need momentum not one of victories.

Not sure what kind of idiotic tin pot squad and manger you must think we have, but I doubt any of them are thinking "we've made it".

In fact, I didnt get that impression from one single fan Ive encountered since the win, on any forum or message board either.....until you said it that is.

Come on we are spurs fans we have to overthink the downside.

:ade:

And i felt like what a lot are crowing about over this win when we did this at OT we had been in the wilderness for a while relegation etc but not twenty odd years.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQDNJq9hqBw[/youtube]

sammyspurs said:
Hoddle in goal? LOL....couldnt they have picked a less influential player to go in!?

He played a blinder

And a reason why i always liked Joe Jordan it was a an accident his clash with Milija Aleksic he apperently kept in touch and checked how he was and couldn't appologise more true Gent.

Back
Top Bottom