Match officials: Bent, incompetent or just trying to do their best.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No, what we have is inconsistency and incompetence both in equal measure after that you factor in every bad decision that goes against your team and for an opponent and you've got the ingredients for speculation of corruption.

That's a lot of things that need to come together to make the correct explanation.

Occam's Razor favours the simplest one. In this case the simplest one is that people's instincts are telling them it's bent because it is.

That's a lot of things that need to come together to make the correct explanation.

Occam's Razor favours the simplest one. In this case the simplest one is that people's instincts are telling them it's bent because it is.
May not be conspiratorial but bias absolutely dictates some decisions. Refs have even been admitting as such

No, what we have is inconsistency and incompetence both in equal measure after that you factor in every bad decision that goes against your team and for an opponent and you've got the ingredients for speculation of corruption.
Ingredients for certainty of corruption.

This isn't me banging the 'they're out to get Tottenham' drum either, it's been evident for years, and many other clubs, not of the PL showcase teams, have suffered from it.

I highly doubt I'll ever convince you though, so it's probably best to leave it as an agree to disagree and move on.

Evidence rather than instinct mate. The media brush it under the carpet, and there's far too many people willing to do the same.

No one wants to admit that an English league could ever be corrupt, and those in power know it. This season has been absolutely blatant, yet most still refuse to believe it.

I think the 'anti SPURS' thing is wide of the mark...
There must be plenty of fans of other clubs who think Officials are out to get them..

But the PRO-Sky 4 clubs (Man City /Man Utd / Liverpool & The Arse) bias is becoming glaringly obvious....

It was a blatant dive by Havertz - totally undisputable 2nd yellow card....and yet no action from the ref nor the linesman. No wonder people are talking about refs being bought and/being biased.
No one can convince me though that refs are not swayed one way or the other...

Last edited:
As Biss is the only one to receive a yellow for diving, it is that sending off that is at fault and not today’s incident which I have not actually seen. It seems the Biss yellow was for revenge for the Liverpool match and officials should never look for revenge. It is pleasing that the glut of yellows we received earlier in the season seems to have reduced. I hope I have not spoken too soon.

Funny thing is, it would have been better for the referee to have awarded Havertz a penalty, right?

VAR would have had a look, flagged up a clear and obvious error and made him go to the screen to check it out. Would have been gobsmacking if he'd then bottled giving a yellow card.

Back
Top Bottom