Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur, 17th April [0-1 AGG]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd start Skipp over Wanyama personally. Just don't think Vic's got the mobility anymore.

He’s looked okay last two games is much physically than skipp. I fear Fernandinho would eat skipp for breakfast? Maybe wanyama and Sissoko will give us energy for the press and certainly won’t be bullied

I hope in the summer we have a good look at our injury situation this season. It’s been ridiculous, esp compared to Liverpool say.

Eriksen and Sissoko aside everyone's Struggled

Lloris
Alderweireld - Sanchez - Vertonghen
Trippier - Sissoko - Wanyama - Eriksen - Rose
Dele
Son
Defend like we did away at Dortmund and we MAY have a chance of sneaking a draw and going through or getting a valuable away goal and losing 2-1 or something.

We can’t leave Lucas out IMO. I’d rather take our chances with 4 at the back and him up front than pit Sanchez in there. He’s been in horrible form, we want as few major changes from the first game as possible.

We should just put Wanyama for Winks, Lucas for Kane and hope for the best. We have been defensively shite with the back 3 in almost every game, even Huddersfield should have scored two easy goals against it.

He’s looked okay last two games is much physically than skipp. I fear Fernandinho would eat skipp for breakfast? Maybe wanyama and Sissoko will give us energy for the press and certainly won’t be bullied

Wanyama should probably start but let’s not get too excited by his performance against Huddersfield, that was like playing an amateur side.

No. We've been ridiculous. Winks had to have major surgery in the off-season, and we knew our CM options were incredibly limited (we've actually been very lucky with Sissoko coming good, Winks staying fit this long, and Skipp progressing from the youth). We decided not to buy even a single player, and instead have been playing Winks every game he's been available. He missed three games with a groin injury, then we rushed him back - and lo and behold, it's re-occurred. We shouldn't be blaming our luck - Winks should be absolutely furious that we're risking his health and career like this because we decided it wasn't worth investing.
Yeah ok I’m sure a CM would have also helped the injuries of our strikers or fullbacks.

Imagine if the Harry Kane Team beats Citeh three times back to back to back without Harry Kane and not only knocks them out of Europe but destroys their title chances.
xVoS5r3.gif

No way do we want Skipp anywhere near the pitch. Didnt even look that good vs Huddersfield.

We can’t leave Lucas out IMO. I’d rather take our chances with 4 at the back and him up front than pit Sanchez in there. He’s been in horrible form, we want as few major changes from the first game as possible.

We should just put Wanyama for Winks, Lucas for Kane and hope for the best. We have been defensively shite with the back 3 in almost every game, even Huddersfield should have scored two easy goals against it.

Wanyama should probably start but let’s not get too excited by his performance against Huddersfield, that was like playing an amateur side.

I think the guy who said one of Lucas/Son missing out was right.

If we're chasing a goal, I think Poch will look to bring one of them on (Most likely Lucas with Son being rested at the weekend) to run at a tired defence.

Winks being out throws a bit of a spanner in the works. We have absolutely no one capable of controlling a game when he's out and our midfield is going to get absolutely raped by de Bruyne and Silva. Especially if we play 4231.

Our injuries this season are impossible to comprehend they really are.

Just how a team can suffer so much I don't know but it is also what you HAVE to make better contingencies for.

If we do go through tomorrow it will be an incredible achievement.

I suspect it forces 4-5-1 on us OR Rose playing in front of Davies with Eriksen Sissoko, Alli, Son and Moura.

Back
Top Bottom