Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur, 17th April [0-1 AGG]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

slightly off topic - how is it that our squad flies to northern games while both Manchester clubs (with a plane load more money and one is sponsored by an airline) usually take the train to London.
I checked and we don't have a chartered jet partner ...

We own our own plane, and we also picked the spot for the training ground for it's access to Stanstead and another smaller airfield. It's much quicker for us to fly.

Being here in the US, I'll admit that I kinda roll my eyes when you guys go on and on about anti-Spurs media bias, but I don't think I've seen one article/analyst who thinks Spurs will make it through. The betting sites also think City will come back to win on aggregate.

We may have to take the Stoke City approach here.

9 in the back big man up front and try and rough City up and get away with it.

:wansum:
In all likelihood I'd imagine it's now going to be a carbon copy of Dortmund away, with three centre halves and surrendering possession, hoping to hit them on the break.
Chances of getting away with that again though are extremely slim, especially against a team twice as good as Dortmund...

Oh fuck sake, injuries this season have been beyond ridiculous.
No. We've been ridiculous. Winks had to have major surgery in the off-season, and we knew our CM options were incredibly limited (we've actually been very lucky with Sissoko coming good, Winks staying fit this long, and Skipp progressing from the youth). We decided not to buy even a single player, and instead have been playing Winks every game he's been available. He missed three games with a groin injury, then we rushed him back - and lo and behold, it's re-occurred. We shouldn't be blaming our luck - Winks should be absolutely furious that we're risking his health and career like this because we decided it wasn't worth investing.

Winks being out is a huge blow, and if Dele doesn’t make it...

I was really confident that we could go through if we could just name the same XI with Lucas replacing Kane, but now we’re going to have to fiddle around again. Wanyama or the back 3 with Sanchez are going to make us so much worse.

Lloris
Alderweireld - Sanchez - Vertonghen
Trippier - Sissoko - Wanyama - Eriksen - Rose
Dele
Son
Defend like we did away at Dortmund and we MAY have a chance of sneaking a draw and going through or getting a valuable away goal and losing 2-1 or something.

Back
Top Bottom