Man Utd home - COYFS!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is now our season defining game.

We need a performance to put the shit that was yesterday behind us. I'd be delighted with a well earned and hard fought score draw.

Although I really think a win is needed to put some distance back between us and Woolwich/Chelsea, a draw would be a good result, put the pressure back on Woolwich/Chelsea to catch up to US.

Anyway onto formation etc:

[centre]Friedel
Walker/Kaboul Dawson King BAE
Lennon Sandro Modric Bale
VDV
Adebayor[/centre]

Go back to what we did early season; Sandro in the 'Parker' role as the rock in the middle to pickup the pieces and use Modric to spread the play. Tell Bale to STICK TO THE FUCKING LEFT and allow VDV to roam but not isolate Adebayor. If that happens, then bring Defoe/Saha and go solid 4-4-2. One thing to note, Evra is utter shite against Lennon; can't handle him whatsoever.

That team is good enough to beat anyone, especially at home.

I'm not asking for much...

COYS

Never have I been more confident than yesterday that we were going to smash the scum. I was so sure we would batter them. I think that makes me just feel that much worse. I am gutted by our performance.

Absolutley BRICKING it now for Sunday. What I can't deal with is the repercussions should we lose against utd then I will have to leave twitter, facebook, all forums and change my mobile number.

Still there is a bit of an optimist left in me, hopefully in a few days this will hurt less and Spurs will do us proud.

COYS - we are still 7pts clear in 3rd!!!

We should be full of optimism for this game, no bigger test than UTD. If there is any game that calls for everyone to be on top of their game, its this one.

WHL will be ROCKING.

This game is important, not just for the places up the top at the league, but its now a local derby.
I know just as many Man United fans as Woolwich fans, and Im in Essex..

Shame hardly any of them have been to Manchester before.

I think we should play 4-3-3

This formation forces Bale to stick left otherwise he'll struggle to get in the game, and for the 3 CMs I'd have,
Niko, Sandro, Modric

I couldn't really actually care who plays, as long as one of us score and one of them don't....

Thinking about it, that's probably Harry's prematch team-talk.

I'm sure we've tried 4-3-3 before and looked so unbalanced it was almost funny.

I honestly think we should stick to what we do best, UTD tend to play 4-4-2 as well, so I can't see us getting that overrun in midfield if we play 4411/442

PaxtonTT said:
I have no idea what you guys think of this, but for me the team has to be this.

[centre]Friedel
Kaboul King Dawson Assou-Ekotto
Lennon Modric Livermore Bale
Adebayor Saha[/centre]

Livermore deserves to be in that team more than Sandro.
Walker looks like he will be out, and im not having BAE at RB and Rose at LB like we have done (and failed with) before.
Van der Vaart doesnt deserve to play.
Lennon has to play too.

Me for manager when 'arry goes please Levy. :levystare:

If Harry does go will you make sure Bale on the left isnt only on paper?

When we play 4-4-1-1, Bale sort of takes the CAM role as he pulls into the middle..

And Lennon be starting 11 or ill be sick.

I never said we'd win that one (for the record I thought a draw).

We will win this one. It's Tottenham. When we feel so fucking low and pissed off they always pull something out of their ass to pull us back in. We are due this. It's going to happen.

BELIEVE

The 3-5, Tevez scoring a last minute goal about 10 yards from us and Anderson coming up screaming in our faces with the Utd fans in the seats next to us going mental, Brian Mclair last minute goal on a cold New Years Day which may have involved snow.
All bad Utd experiences at the Lane.

Stephen Carr firing one in from 30 yards.

I need more of those type of memories.

We better show up next week.

This will be the game we bounce back and show everyone why we deserve that 3rd spot place

We dicked 'em 4-1 as well back when we were shit. We'll...

smash-em.gif

Back
Top Bottom