Man Utd (A) - 11 DEC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Grow up you say... You only pop up when we're losing.. You even said Kane is a pub player because he made a mistake on our half way line.. Most of this is aimed at you because you are a total embarrassment to this club.. YOU FUCKING GROW UP..
Go on my son
c51338ef7fde2ec4392cb125ed0b8aef.gif

Overall I thought on the performance shown, I felt we might have been good enough to get a draw out of that game, but when you’re playing against the top teams and it’s tight, a mistake or moment of quality will often settle it. I knew beforehand that there would be periods when we would be on top and there would be periods when we were on the back foot.

However, what angered me most was the naivety we displayed in the last 20 mins (plus stoppage), we were playing a team that played away in the far reaches of eastern Europe on Thursday, a team we are fitter than, a team we put 3 goals past in the last 20 mins last April and a team that were psychologically vulnerable to holding onto leads late in the game. But we showed a lack of focus and rather than a fluid intense attacking phase with occasional counter attacks from Man Utd. The Spurs players showed a lack of discipline and started to give away constant stupid fouls out of frustration often when the Man Utd player was under pressure and any momentum was lost. We may not have scored by being more focused and fluid but at least we would have given us some hope, I don’t recall a serious chance for us in the last 20 mins. If anything we should have displayed that mentality of niggling fouls and breaking up play, when Man Utd were on top in a 20 min period mid-way through the first half.

We need to be smarter.

Last edited:
I think we needed a bit more offense from Wanyama today. He failed to deliver in several situations today, the open header being one of them. I think Dier would have buried that chance and contributed a lot more with his higher quality passing. Our midfield was just a bit too defensive against a club content to sit deep and play Mourinho-ball.
He missed the header, but I thought Wanyama played well. Dembele was the one who should have delivered more going forward.
I think I would have given Wanyama/Dier a go and pushed Dembele further up front. Poch is the boss though.

I think we needed a bit more offense from Wanyama today. He failed to deliver in several situations today, the open header being one of them. I think Dier would have buried that chance and contributed a lot more with his higher quality passing. Our midfield was just a bit too defensive against a club content to sit deep and play Mourinho-ball.

I don't want to knock Wanyama too much as I think he has been a positive addition to the squad but offensively he does remind me a bit of a Steffan Freund on steriods. When in an attacking phase he often has the ball in a good position on the edge of the area and either dwells on it for too long or makes a 5 yard square pass and momentum is lost.

Grow up you say... You only pop up when we're losing.. You even said Kane is a pub player because he made a mistake on our half way line.. Most of this is aimed at you because you are a total embarrassment to this club.. YOU FUCKING GROW UP..
Take a look at the last match thread (moscow) you cunt. I bigged up our chances before the game and praised our performance after it. Your talking fucking shit. You fucking sanctimonious wanker. I say things as I see them. If Kane playing like a fucking cart horse I'll say so. For you to say some of us are pleased when we lose is fucking bollocks. I'm fucking devastated. Fuck you. Cunt

It's disappointing that we lost today, but it's more disappointing knowing we have fans who think Kane is a pub player and Dele is a conference player.. Embarrassing doesn't even cover it.

Oh and what a shot that is from the little fella.

That's where my frustration is, we know our players can be more effective going forward but today they didn't show up, I can understand why so many supporters get frustrated with our lack of consistency

Oh well nothing to do now but look for an improvement next week.......

We did alright, at least in the first half. Their only clear cut chance was off of a mistake of ours. Problem is, though, that's all it takes for Mourinho-ball. They seemed to have 7 or 8 man deep at all times and we didn't have much of a plan how to break them down. Also, we passed backwards and sideways a lot. At least a few times we got to the final third, we ended up passing backwards and ended our own chances.

Didn't really understand the Sissoko sub- he did ok I guess, but I don't see how it gave us a better chance of winning. He doesn't really look that comfortable as an outside attacker, does he? Between him and GKN, our options in attack look pretty meager right now.

I wish we'd have rested players for this game over the CL game midweek- this 6 point swing is pretty brutal compared to what the opposite result would have done for us. I guess the worst part is that this result has saved Mourinho and Utd from facing a crisis situation and revitalized their season.
Sissoko only did ok to you??? he beat Darmian every single time and looked our most dangerous attacking threat.

I understand the tactical shortfalls today but we should be good enough to adapt our game.

Absolute shite-something has to change. We've lost the capability to play penetrating passes. We've lost our way, we run out of ideas very quickly. We seem to be lacking confidence. Players are looking very bemused by it all and unable to find a way forward. Poch seems to me a lost soul, standing there not sure why to do next. Its all gone horribly wrong and something needs to be done to get us back on track.

He missed the header, but I thought Wanyama played well. Dembele was the one who should have delivered more going forward.
I think I would have given Wanyama/Dier a go and pushed Dembele further up front. Poch is the boss though.

I agree- Wanyama played well- in defensive and 50/50 situations. He's starting to remind me a bit of Zokora or Parker in the final third though. Dembele was probably about the same in that respect. I like a good defense but it's getting a bit frustrating to watch them struggle with offensive play. I'm ready to bring back Dier into central midfield.

That's not really victors job. He isn't an offensive player. Yes he should score but would dier have been in that position. Diet or wanyama. It's wanyama for me but I would have subbed em so dier can play in his normal position.

Take a look at the last match thread (moscow) you cunt. I bigged up our chances before the game and praised our performance after it. Your talking fucking shit. You fucking sanctimonious wanker. I say things as I see them. If Kane playing like a fucking cart horse I'll say so. For you to say some of us are pleased when we lose is fucking bollocks. I'm fucking devastated. Fuck you.

You are well renowned for being the most embarrasing fan on this forum.. Or is everyone wrong..

You are a joke, I have West Ham fan colleagues who gladly show ne posts of yours on a monday morning and they all think you're great.. That says it all..

Kane won the golden boot last season and has scored plenty this season but because he hasn't scored a hat trick in the first 10 mins at Old Trafford, he is a pub player.. You really are a Prick..

Sissoko only did ok to you??? he beat Darmian every single time and looked our most dangerous attacking threat.

Yea, I mean, he did beat his man sometimes, though he seemed to be a bit surprised each time it happened. His crossing never looked especially dangerous. I didn't feel like he was likely to score or cause danger. It's too bad Eriksen never ran at Darmian, and too bad we never got to see Son line up against Darmian, and too bad we never got to see GKN go against Darmian. I think just about anybody could have had success against Darmian. He was definitely their weak link and we didn't do enough to punish them for it.

Improving doesn't always come in the form of points.

Saying "We are 1 point better off, so we are a better team" is so flawed that it's a joke.

You could argue that some of the teams we've played are weaker this season than last, so that we've not improved at all, just some opposition has got poorer.

Do you think Dele has improved from last year? He looks poor. He hasn't improved his heading, despite being a tall, lanky lad. His finishing has got worse. His passing is inferior to last year.

Same with Kane.

I don't think any of our players look improved this year compared to last. The best case you can make is Son being slightly, only slightly, more useful.

I find the bolded part the most interesting.

Towards the end of last season I was saying that we had no chance of a title challenge in 16/17 because the state of the league was flattering our performances and results while they were consistently dipping below 2ppg.

I also suggested that the top end of league would improve drastically, especially with such a wealth of high quality managers. However some on here were ADAMANT that Poch would continue to improve our players individually and take the team to the next level, in order to achieve such a title challenge.

I understand the tactical shortfalls today but we should be good enough to adapt our game.

Absolute shite-something has to change. We've lost the capability to play penetrating passes. We've lost our way, we run out of ideas very quickly. We seem to be lacking confidence. Players are looking very bemused by it all and unable to find a way forward. Poch seems to me a lost soul, standing there not sure why to do next. Its all gone horribly wrong and something needs to be done to get us back on track.

We didn't play our game. That's the problem. We played out from the back and time and time again they pressed us into losing the ball. That's how their goal came. Yes it was Kane's pass but it was a stupid right from the keeper. this is usually our game to press teams aggressively. We just seem too nice to them and let them push us about.

I don't want to knock Wanyama too much as I think he has been a positive addition to the squad but offensively he does remind me a bit of a Steffan Freund on steriods. When in an attacking phase he often has the ball in a good position on the edge of the area and either dwells on it for too long or makes a 5 yard square pass and momentum is lost.

I agree- Wanyama played well- in defensive and 50/50 situations. He's starting to remind me a bit of Zokora or Parker in the final third though. Dembele was probably about the same in that respect. I like a good defense but it's getting a bit frustrating to watch them struggle with offensive play. I'm ready to bring back Dier into central midfield.
Agree. Dier is a good passer, gives us a goal threat at set pieces, and he has a good understanding with both centre backs as well as Dembele. Nothing against Wanyama, he has been very good for us.

Back
Top Bottom