Man Utd (A) - 11 DEC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, we got done......it happens in the game, not sure why everyone wants to jump under a bus about it.

Same people saying we can never be in the title race, screaming like kids because we lose ground. If you expect us to finish 6th or 7th, why the rage that we didnt go 4th?
I agree but its the disappointments in the way we get beat. Did we have a decent shot on goal at any time during the game-no. We need to start playing football and get back to basics and stop all the fancy stuff.

I quite was enjoying the game until they scored, thought would be draw

Their guy showed up, Kane and Dele were poor, these games made to measure for Lamela we didn't press their poor defence enough

We go on, decent performance from united in all but we are used to playing teams at their peak, like Everton

Agree. Dier is a good passer, gives us a goal threat at set pieces, and he has a good understanding with both centre backs as well as Dembele. Nothing against Wanyama, he has been very good for us.

I hate being negative about Wanyama because he's been so damn good - but I still feel he's the actual issue but we'll never know until Dier/Dembele play again, which I just don't see happening.

It's just embarrassing losing to a Utd team like that. And then you have numerous outlets saying we lost two premier league games in a row just forgetting about Swansea last week. I hate losing because the media has a field day with how much they dislike us.

That's not really victors job. He isn't an offensive player. Yes he should score but would dier have been in that position. Diet or wanyama. It's wanyama for me but I would have subbed em so dier can play in his normal position.

I mean, yes, it's not his job, but we needed a goal, and the open look fell to him. We could have had a different player on that could have taken that chance is all. To me, it's a corner-case scenario that we lose on percentages on the off chance that we have to ask a "defensive" player to bury our only open look in the match. It's the opportunity cost of playing a stout defense rather than gambling on a bit more offense.

I'm not upset at Poch for the decision, just want to note how the percentages cruelly work out in such tight situations. I don't think Dier would have offered noticeably worse defense in a low-tempo Mourinho-ball affair.

We didn't play our game. That's the problem. We played out from the back and time and time again they pressed us into losing the ball. That's how their goal came. Yes it was Kane's pass but it was a stupid right from the keeper. this is usually our game to press teams aggressively. We just seem too nice to them and let them push us about.
They sat deep to stop passes behind their FBs. We were forced to go through the middle. We got some joy down the right but failed to capitalise. The ref seemed under pressure so chose the easier decision on every occasion and they exploited this- I believe. There is nothing worse playing football and you feel the ref has been influenced, lets say?

Strange season for us in many respects. A bit staccato and like a few of us said at the start of the season, we needed another striker, no question at all.

Limited damage I feel but we are just not firing on all cylinders and surprisingly not as durable as were last season.

It needs to turn change quickly and Pochettino needs to do some thinking.

Mourinho showing he can still muster up an effective unit and on one day's less rest and travel which is a bit of an indictment on us in truth.

Not really sure I agree.

Poch doesn't have the luxury of being able to openly vent his potentially negative feelings with regards to any aspect of the club. Why would this press conference be any different? I wouldn't expect honesty from anybody in a press conference situation and you probably shouldn't either.

We do have them, but they dont dare anymore.....remember the Harry Kane that was trying to make a name for himself? Alli when his place wasnt a given??

Take the leash off them and stop trying to discipline the raw edge so early in their careers I say. It was like Alli though Pogba was The Pope....last year he would have just kicked him up the bum.

We have a very specific system, maybe it looked ridgid sometimes but just imagine a Bale in this team. Half of our draws become wins, half of our loses become draws.

It's just my view but I don't think we have a single attacking player anywhere near Sanchez or Hazard. That is not to say Alli is not a good player but we lack world class in forward areas and it's hard as a team when every second game we don't score, it means our defence has to be perfect just to pick up a draw.

Utd fans booing all our players especially Rose shows how small they have become. The little Armenian man wasn't even injured. It was just one of Joses little plots to eat up time. They probably practice stretcher riding in practice the little cunts. To bad that swarmy little Spaniard Herrera didn't just smashed in the face.

Some gloomy shit being spoken in here. A few years ago, a defeat at OT wouldn't even have caused a flicker. I'm gutted, particularly against them knob jockeys & that twat Mourinho, but we have some easier games looming & no Europe for 2 months. Dust ourselves off & thrash Hull midweek. Chin up lads.

Either, Poch has removed the pressing out of our game or the players are ignoring him. I don't believe you can press in every game you play. Today we had all the ball so when do you press. They sat deep and countered. we lack confidence and this effects our decision making.

For me

Positives:

Toby is back.
The defence remained resilient playing at Old Trafford.
Eriksen is finally back in from (just need to get those free kicks hitting the back of the net)
I felt we competed for a large chunk of the match.
From Goalkicks we stopped that passing the ball to the corner flag and pissing about with the ball (apart from the last 5 mins)
Sissoko finally looked like a top Premier league player (although look like he picked up an injury again)
It's December and Chelsea away, Woolwich away and Man Utd away are all out of the way.

Negatives:
Lack of discipline and intensity in the last 20 mins.
Dele Alli still not managing to hit the heights of form that he achieved last year.
Lack of attacking quality on the bench.
I found all 3 of Poch's substitutions today to be baffling.

Some gloomy shit being spoken in here. A few years ago, a defeat at OT wouldn't even have caused a flicker. I'm gutted, particularly against them knob jockeys & that twat Mourinho, but we have some easier games looming & no Europe for 2 months. Dust ourselves off & thrash Hull midweek. Chin up lads.

Don't bother mate, memories aren't like arseholes, not everyone seems to have one, or any perspective for that matter

Back
Top Bottom