Man City v Tottenham - September 10th - 17:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If the game gets cancelled for that i'll be absolutely livid.

At least it will get rid of the pretence that football is for the fans. Those of us who go on matchdays are always bottom of the pile when they do scheduling

Oh some on here will be happy, don't want anything to interrupt their period of mourning.

It's a load of bollocks, disrupting our lives like this. Not every one in England cares about the Royal Family.

I'm sceptical that's true. What business is it of the FA's if a public school football match is played? They don't own the balls, goals or pitch and it would be officiated by a teacher.
The Eton game was a competitive game against another school.

"a Club does not have to be a member of The FA to play in competitions sanctioned by The FA. A Club must be affiliated to a county FA to do so. In order to be entitled to play football in a competition recognised by The FA a club must be affiliated to a county FA and be a member of a league."

Eton, and other independent schools, come under the jurisdiction of the ISFA (Independent Schools Football Association) which is affiliated to the FA.

Col_McCafferty Col_McCafferty surely you’d like to see the games go ahead, rather than being postponed?

Or why don't we just play the game WITH fans in attendance.

Think Season 2 GIF by NBC

Or why don't we just play the game WITH fans in attendance.

Think Season 2 GIF by NBC

Well that would be fantastic. But if ‘policing’ is an issue, and they decide to postpone the games again this weekend, I would rather they played behind closed doors and televised it, so we don’t have another weekend without football

Or, move the games to other grounds outside of London, but that seems unlikely

Woolwich have their Thursday game cancelled, fully rested for brentford away. we miss our game at the weekend and dont play again till October which is away to them were they may have a chance to then go 7 points clear of us.
Dominos certainly falling in their favour so this season

Woolwich have their Thursday game cancelled, fully rested for brentford away. we miss our game at the weekend and dont play again till October which is away to them were they may have a chance to then go 7 points clear of us.
Dominos certainly falling in their favour so this season
If we can’t play Leicester I don’t see how they can play Brentford.

Maybe we've got a good chance as Spurs Leicester isn't likely to have much beef compared to if we were playing Arse/West ham/Chelsea

I can't get my head around the police saying there's no problem, they can cope with everything and then cancellations still going ahead.
I imagine things are very fluid. 24 hours can make a massive difference and although you can plan for how many people will turn out for the Queen, you can never really tell until it happens.

Back
Top Bottom