Man City v Tottenham - September 10th - 17:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Batman Facepalm GIF by WE tv

Why has Man United vs Leeds been cancelled? Dragging police from Lancashire to London for the funeral?

Those clubs won't be happy and I can't blame them. That's two matches they will need to fit in. Also, hasn't the train strike been cancelled? Surely Brighton vs Palace can now go ahead.

Postponing the Chav game makes sense. 100 per cent the Scousers would boo the silence. Possible agg as well I suppose.

Last edited:
Why has Man United vs Leeds been cancelled? Dragging police from Lancashire to London for the funeral?

Those clubs won't be happy and I can't blame them. That's two matches they will need to fit in. Also, hasn't the train strike been cancelled? Surely Brighton vs Palace can now go ahead.
Because you need hundreds of police to make that fixture go ahead without trouble - many are drafted in. But yes, if not being deployed to London, I assume they will be needed more locally.

Cannot understand why they need so many Police to control Mourners for the Queen. I can understand on the day of the funeral but not throughout the week. These people are peaceful
If these hoards of morners are coming from all over the country, why don't they just bring their own Police Officers with them, then we can have our usual ones at the game?

Back
Top Bottom