Man City (A) - The Adebayor Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What worried me most was how poor players like Paulinho, Vertonghen and Lloris were...players who we should expect more of.

Dawson isn't top class, and against someone like Aguero, he'll be torn apart time and again.

In fact, the whole thing was a load of nonsense.

If the players and coaching staff have anything about them, this will prove the catalyst for a resurgence.

There were a lot of people saying Sandro would take Toure out the game, but he got well and truly put in his place.
I couldn't disagree more. Sandro was working his ass off, covering everyones asses (his world class tackle in te pen area in first half as an example). He should not have been given the yellow, and only flirted with a red because he was involved in everything, fighting like his life depended on it. He and Walker (somewhat Lennon) were the only positives, in a crapshow of poor motivation.

I am as big a happy-clapping AVB fan as anyone but I am really starting to get a little tired of the way things are going.
I agree. I've been saying it increasingly as the season goes on. It's not easy to identify early in the season, but the pattern of problems is now showing more clearly. We clearly have a problem with the following:-

1) The lone striker formation. It's suited to neither Soldado or Defoe as the service is not coming in for either. Adebayor is now a million miles away from match fit and confident. Either AVB starts to experiment more or it's more of the same. Unfortunately I fear that his experiment came in this game, for the few minutes it lasted, and now he'll retreat back to more of the same.

2) We don't seem to have a core team. I'm all for rotation, but I find AVB's rigidity in the high line and loan striker formation curiously at odds with his determination to mix the side up pretty much every game. As a result I think it is taking the side longer to bed in.

3) AVB still seems to have a distinct problem with the timing of substitutions and Plan B in general.

But having said all that, I really tire of the same trolls coming out and lapping it up with relish. Turds like sammy pretend that they give nothing but constructive criticism. Like hell they do. You can just see people like him actually enjoying us losing just so they can gloat. It's sickening. Wanting a team to lose for your own righteousness? Awful stuff. Should be ashamed to be fans.

What was so much better under Redknapp? Sure the football was nicer to watch, but do people forget that huge run of lost games, when we went from title winning form to blowing a 13 point lead over the scum to finish in fifth? Is that better than the few losses AVB has had so far this year? Again, same in the year that we lost out CL position to Chelsea. If it weren't for some stupid losses under Redknapp we wouldn't have lost out to the scum that year either. Short memories. So I get tired of all the comparisons and the pathetic bitching, especially from one particularly individual who just can't let the past go.

The way I see it, we have some problems that need fixing. AVB either knows how to do it or he doesn't. If the latter then Levy will get rid. We know that already. Bringing Redknapp back wouldn't be the answer, so what's the point of hanging on to the past just to try and win sad internet arguments?

*sigh*

Last edited:
Sammy has been waiting for this day every since he joined the forum. When he was first here it was the constant bleeding heart about how poorly Redknapp was treated. He's been waiting for a failure like this from AVB for ages, just so he can roll around in it like a pig in shit. To hold on to grudges and desires like that for so long, literally years, is utterly baffling to me.
You should have seen his writings on GG during Redknapp's last weeks - continuously attacked and abused posters who wanted him out and kept saying how we should support the manager and be patient instead of calling for his head so soon? Even last season he was one of the most vocal against the boo-boys.

Double standard indeed but the 180 degree turn is truly baffling

You should have seen his writings on GG during Redknapp's last weeks - continuously attacked and abused posters who wanted him out and kept saying how we should support the manager and be patient instead of calling for his head so soon? Even last season he was one of the most vocal against he boo-boys.

Double standards indeed.
That's exactly what he was when he first showed up here. I just don't get the Redknapp loyalty. It's like he's Jamie's secret <removed> or something. :gallashmm:

What worried me most was how poor players like Paulinho, Vertonghen and Lloris were...players who we should expect more of.

Dawson isn't top class, and against someone like Aguero, he'll be torn apart time and again.

In fact, the whole thing was a load of nonsense.

If the players and coaching staff have anything about them, this will prove the catalyst for a resurgence.

Knowing AVB he will play a strong side on Thursday to get the result out of their system and then they will be fucked against Man U.

That's exactly what he was when he first showed up here. I just don't get the Redknapp loyalty. It's like he's Jamie's secret <removed> or something. :gallashmm:
3 posters on here are distinctly anti-AVB and pro-Redknapp so could well be a fucking multi for all we know. I know there are a few cunts with multis as it is

Soldado heat map from the game. Bants on kicking off 6 times was key.

BZ6A_RsCcAEE7KH.png

Back
Top Bottom