Man City (A) - The Adebayor Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm neither brainless nor any other of the pathetic attempts you have made at trying to insult or pigeonhole me.
You have your hobbyhorse to flog and nothing I say will make a difference, and to be frank - I have much better things to do than enter into a discussion about football with someone as ignorant and giftless as you seem determined to paint yourself.
As for grasping what the problem is with the team, if you think its all down to Dawson, then I doubt you could handle a discussion about tying shoelaces.

At no point, did I say it is all down to Dawson, however he isn't up to scratch and as much as I love him as a man and a personality in and around the club, he just isn't the calibre of centre back we need.

I will ignore your attempts at belittling me and will again point out your reluctance to discuss anything to do with Spurs, on a Spurs forum.

Most threads on here are questioning players ability.
Really? Don't remember anyone creating 10 different threads after the game calling for the players' sacking.
AVB is the go-to scapegoat for most. Lloris gives the ball away, it's AVB's fault. Lamela fails to score an equaliser, AVB's system is wrong. Dawson, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Walker take turns having brainfarts, AVB OUT! Everything is his fault according to most.
I'm not saying he is innocent. He is not. Mistakes have been made. But the players have to take part of the responsibility as well. Yesterday's performance was unacceptable, to say the least.

Football supposed to be simple.
It's not. But it can.

But it's down to the manager where the players play. It's also down to the manager to motivate the
Players and make them play with confidence and a smile on their face,, like, oh I don't know, let's say Man City or Woolwich.
If you think that the players are playing in the right positions and are playing with confidence and with a smile on their faces then many many many Spurs fans, ex Spurs players and results disagree with you.

Ah - but the children dont want to believe that. They want to believe that its a science and that we have a gifted academic in charge.
Look what Redknapp achieved with a budget that allowed him to only buy the likes of saha and pienaar. Lord knows what we might have done if he'd had a budget of 100-120 million quid at his disposal.
Blaming the players for muddleheaded management is the province of the shortsighted and easily led.
If you love Rednapp so much piss off to QPR then.

But it's down to the manager where the players play. It's also down to the manager to motivate the
Players and make them play with confidence and a smile on their face,, like, oh I don't know, let's say Man City or Woolwich.
If you think that the players are playing in the right positions and are playing with confidence and with a smile on their faces then many many many Spurs fans, ex Spurs players and results disagree with you.
Oh, the bullshitter body language expert strikes again. Reread my post and stop making assumptions about what i think, it makes you look pathetic.

You revel in Spurs doing badly, but melt when someone exposes you.

Last seasons meltdown coincided with Spurs doing well......you only returned when our form trailed off towards the end of the season.

No. The people reveling are the ones loving Tottenham under AVB.

You have it all mixed up again you tosspot

Last edited:
How predictable that 95% the AVB haters on here and nothing but little Arry cock-suckers in disguise who can't wait to tug off that clueless buffoon at every opportunity. What a pathetic little pattern indeed

I bet you were loving the result yesterday so you could come and crow your posionous bile afterwards. Waaahahaa, I told you so, waaahaaha, we lost to a team that has spent over 1 BILLION fucking pounds of lotto money

Well - here is something that might help you, lads

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/content.php?s=505a8c1a0d03f1e2af4bf37ca9749611

Now jog on, and go support him and leave Spurs alone if we're so 'shit' right now. 'Supporters' like yourself and the poisonous fickle virus that used to boo last year and would do the same to the next manager following his second defeat.

Points for creativity, but I think i disagree with the entire post. Because the defense played badly that doesn't mean the players didn't try. Vertonghen was the only player, imo, who didn't look interested in the game. Lloris, Dawson, Kaboul, and Vertonghen all had God awful games, but they all tried, and we looked dangerous in the first half.
Maybe players have lost faith? They looked unmotivated.

Points for creativity, but I think i disagree with the entire post. Because the defense played badly that doesn't mean the players didn't try. Vertonghen was the only player, imo, who didn't look interested in the game. Lloris, Dawson, Kaboul, and Vertonghen all had God awful games, but they all tried, and we looked dangerous in the first half.
At least someone achieved getting points this weekend?

I have awoken from my slumber and have sniffed the coffee.
AVB has to take the slack - it's he who picks Lamela for a big game and plays him out of position. Where was Sigurdsson, for me our most consistent player this year so far. Dembele on the bench with Lennon starting? I feel AVB is tarnished with his stint at Chelscum and makes the easy choices?
He should be embarrassed, not "WE"! Funny though I still like him.

Last edited:
we can argue for ages about who's fault it is but there is no denying we play some god awfull football without any threat or urgency and that really is down to the choices AVB makes. If this had been just the one game you'd say bad day at the office and move on but almost none of the games so far have made me feel confident after half an hour that we will win the game and have fun doing it. The players need to perform (and they arent) but its the coach that chooses the setup, tactics and prepares his team for the games.

Lets just hope he proves that he is capable of turning things around but for the AVB lovers here, no other coach in history has gotten hold of a squad like that and we (you?) turned on other coaches a lot faster.

The football we are playing doesnt work for this team so the time to stop being stubborn and try to solve the problems.

Oh and when Harry (i am not a fan at all) turned on the fans we slated him, when AVB does it we slate the fans that arent doing what they should be doing. Its a symbiosis , play with some bollocks and the crowd will follow.

I thought it was goals, Brendan :bentley:
I haven't read 30+ pages of this thread because i know people are melting down about us and I'm choosing not to read. Defensively, we were awful. Lloris - worst game in a Spurs shirt. Vertonghen - worst game in a Spurs shirt. Neither Dawson nor Kaboul played well at all. Outside of those four players (and Soldado) I thought we played better. Lennon was very good. Walker was very good. Lamela played decently and was always looking to beat a man. Paulinho played well. Sandro was a bit off today, but wasn't awful. Soldado didn't touch the ball and looked totally lost, play him in Europa please.

AVB should not leave, yet. Give him time. Time doesn't mean another 10 games, time means another year. It's fine to question some choices or the system he tries to play, but support him, he is Tottenham's manager.

Vertonghen looked totally out of it today. He is good at LB, but he doesn't fit our system at LB at all. With him being visibly upset and not fitting our system, I say throw Fryers out there, see what he can do. Once Rose comes back I think our system will work much, much better. The combo of Walker and Vertonghen cannot be relied on to supply the crosses that is why, imo, Lennon and Lamela were not inverted today. Once the combo of Rose and Walker can overlap and cross then Lamela or Townsend will be played on the right with another inverted winger on the other side.

Give it time.

Go back a few pages.

I made a funny. Don't want you to miss out.

If you love AVB so much, piss off when he gets sacked and start following his new club then
I like to give a person a go and not continually verbally piss on them from the safety of an internet forum.
You and your groupies spin bullshit and enjoy doing it under the guise of constructive criticism when the team is not traveling well and retreat back into your caves when we are winning. Have supported Spurs for a long time and cannot understand why people continue to throw shit at their own club. Do you want them to fail?? is that how you get your rocks off ?

What is annoying me with AVB is he keeps coming out with the same shite. When we got spanked by West Ham "it is disappointing, but we are still close to the other chasers and it is how we respond in our next game". Lose to shitty Newcastle "it is disappointing, but we are still close to the other chasers and it is how we respond in our next game". Get raped by City "it is an embarrassment, but we are still close to the other chasers and it is how we respond in our next game".

Assuming the scum beat Cardiff at the week-end and we lose to Man U, the scum could be 11 points in front of us. Worrying times.

I like to give a person a go and not continually verbally piss on them from the safety of an internet forum.
You and your groupies spin bullshit and enjoy doing it under the guise of constructive criticism when the team is not traveling well and retreat back into your caves when we are winning. Have supported Spurs for a long time and cannot understand why people continue to throw shit at their own club. Do you want them to fail?? is that how you get your rocks off ?
They are mostly trolls and love a reaction - that's all, mate

What is this bullshit that is being spun?

We sacked a manager who most would agree over achieved given his remit when he arrived and replaced him with one who has failed to achieve what he was asked to do and sacrificed the style of play in the process. Why shouldn't he be criticized?

And you may not have noticed but people were questioning him when we were winning - by a single goal a penalty more often than not against giants like Palace, Cardiff and Hull. But were told a win was a win etc.

Im pro Tottenham, and thats all that matters to me. We are playing like shit, and we were playing like shit when we were winning. I said it back then so dont accuse me of being fickle.

Where were all the happy clappers when we were tearing teams apart under Redknapp?

Calling him a cunt and hoping he got sent down......Now the same fucking idots crying because some fans have had enough of AVBs shitty clueless tactics
Well you do a good job of moaning about every little thing our club does, and then blaming AVB for it. "The burger I had outside the ground was terrible yesterday - Harry's a much better chef than AVB".

I don't think I directly accused you of being fickle. But you are downright miserable and negative about every aspect of our club. I admit not everything is rosy, but you seem to let your hatred for AVB influence any opinion you offer on Spurs, regardless of whether AVB has anything to do with it or not!

I'm not getting into another Redknapp/AVB debate. I've only been here a few months and that seems to be your only agenda, regardless of the topic at hand.

To suggest AVB's tactics are "shitty and clueless" is a bit ridiculous and immature to be honest Sammy. The bloke obviously has a deep knowledge of football and the way it works, otherwise he wouldn't have won a title and European cup, been hired by Chelsea, and then hired by us. You have every right to not be happy right now, we have certainly seen better football and better results in the recent past, but don't back up your anti-AVB argument by saying he is "clueless", please. Wenger lost to Utd 8-2 - I guess after decades managing at the top of the game, he is clueless as well.

Sacking AVB after a 6-0 loss would be an easy way out. I make my point again, why aren't the players being targeted? Lloris, our hero between the sticks, was dreadful, giving away the first two goals. I needn't go on about the other 10.

But no no, AVB's the cunt all the time. The players are all world class and under any other manager we'd be competing against Bayern & Barcelona.

AVB's our manager, so for once, get behind your beloved Spurs.

Well you do a good job of moaning about every little thing our club does, and then blaming AVB for it. "The burger I had outside the ground was terrible yesterday - Harry's a much better chef than AVB".

I don't think I directly accused you of being fickle. But you are downright miserable and negative about every aspect of our club. I admit not everything is rosy, but you seem to let your hatred for AVB influence any opinion you offer on Spurs, regardless of whether AVB has anything to do with it or not!

I'm not getting into another Redknapp/AVB debate. I've only been here a few months and that seems to be your only agenda, regardless of the topic at hand.

To suggest AVB's tactics are "shitty and clueless" is a bit ridiculous and immature to be honest Sammy. The bloke obviously has a deep knowledge of football and the way it works, otherwise he wouldn't have won a title and European cup, been hired by Chelsea, and then hired by us. You have every right to not be happy right now, we have certainly seen better football and better results in the recent past, but don't back up your anti-AVB argument by saying he is "clueless", please. Wenger lost to Utd 8-2 - I guess after decades managing at the top of the game, he is clueless as well.

Sacking AVB after a 6-0 loss would be an easy way out. I make my point again, why aren't the players being targeted? Lloris, our hero between the sticks, was dreadful, giving away the first two goals. I needn't go on about the other 10.

But no no, AVB's the cunt all the time. The players are all world class and under any other manager we'd be competing against Bayern & Barcelona.

AVB's our manager, so for once, get behind your beloved Spurs.
You are wasting your time with people whose agenda is pro-Redknapp - anti-AVB and will never refuse to take the blinkers off

No Andre, just come to TFC and you will see there are a whole load of people who think we are fucking aaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwsommmmme
What a bunch of cunts we are for supporting our club and backing our manager even when the chips are down.
OR
Why don't we all go to The Lane next week and boo Andre for 90 minutes, just so he knows how we feel. That will do the team some good.

It's easy to rip the team apart when City have just done it for you, but how about sticking by your team and supporting them through thick and thin?

Nah fuck 'em - boo the cunts and call 'em wankers. That'll get us far.

We were no worse today than most of the season......just played a decent team
We've played Woolwich - top of the pile - and only lost 1-0.

Stop over-reacting. It was a one off. The worst performance I can think of. Stop acting like we're languishing in the relegation zone.

Back
Top Bottom